Vulgar Display Of Power (updated pics 4/3)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Vulgar Display Of Power (updated pics 4/3)

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

No, not the Pantera CD however awesome it might be... So my wife is watching two weeks worth of Dancing With The Stars last night on the DVR :roll: . So what do I do? I decide to dust off a B3 that I've been thinking about trading, but couldn't decide what to trade it for. I'd sell it, but you might as well just give it away at the prices they've been bringing. It's nice, but I really had no use for it. Anyway, I decided to turn it into a summertime runner. I loaded it up with a Mamba Max 5700 and a 6000mah 3s LIPO. The rear tires and rims were bought for my brushless GT, but I have since changed the look of it. The wheels fit better on here anyway, but are butt-ugly white. I may buy better tires and switch back to yellow, but I'm trying to do this without taking on any extra expense.

If anyone has any other over-powered beasts maybe we can post them here.... 8)
Before
After
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

MOmo
Approved Member

Re: Vulgar Display Of Power

Post by MOmo »

Holy Wheelie action Batman!

MOmo

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

that's sweet! i remember doing this with my gold pan yearssss ago. I had a Kyosho Hi-Rider that I took the wheels off of, made some grooves in the rims and tighten them down :lol:

lowrydesign
Approved Member

Post by lowrydesign »

say good by to your rear motor plate/skid plate, with all of that power it will be doing a constant wheelie.... you might want to make a wheelie bar so you don't grind off your back half..... just my 2 cents

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

my kids enjoy the same setup. and they use J82 tires on the front

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

Why does every overpowered setup involve a Mamba Max? :lol:
I put a Mamba Max and Novak 5.5 in my B3 and it would wheelstand in dirt while spinning the wheels, gone to a 7.5 and it's actually slightly controllable..

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

lowrydesign wrote:say good by to your rear motor plate/skid plate, with all of that power it will be doing a constant wheelie.... you might want to make a wheelie bar so you don't grind off your back half..... just my 2 cents
I hear ya. Especially if I switch to hi-bite tires. I HAVE to get to switch to the yellow rims. I had a nighmare last night that a pair of white rims were chasing me through the Playboy mansion. I bought these tires for the GT thinking that they would be good for an all around on/off road bashing tire, but under big power they're nowhere close to the traction I get from Pro-Line Road Rage tires. They'll do for now I guess. I'd bake the tires and get them off the rims, but they never seem to glue the same after they're removed. Keeping the tires on the rims is one of the biggest issues I've found with this set-up in other cars. The tires balloon 'til they just fly off the rims. Anyone else got a hi-power maniac to post here? I'd love to see 'em. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I got bored on Sunday so I decided to go out and make some passes with this thing. I didn't have the wheelie bar in place yet so I put my 2s pack in thinking that would be tame enough. I was dead wrong. I've run this set up plenty in the GT, but the weight makes all the difference. I have the punch control set at 80% and it was still wheelie city. I'd climb into the throttle, but no matter how fast I was going whenever I'd put in that last bit of throttle it would flip. I kept thinking I could get it under control, but after about the 4th back flip the rear shock strut had taken all she could. Maxamps has lived up to their name once again! :shock:
Ken

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

Bugle wrote:Why does every overpowered setup involve a Mamba Max? :lol:
They like breaking stuff :lol:

lowrydesign
Approved Member

Post by lowrydesign »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I got bored on Sunday so I decided to go out and make some passes with this thing. I didn't have the wheelie bar in place yet so I put my 2s pack in thinking that would be tame enough. I was dead wrong. I've run this set up plenty in the GT, but the weight makes all the difference. I have the punch control set at 80% and it was still wheelie city. I'd climb into the throttle, but no matter how fast I was going whenever I'd put in that last bit of throttle it would flip. I kept thinking I could get it under control, but after about the 4th back flip the rear shock strut had taken all she could. Maxamps has lived up to their name once again! :shock:
sucks..... sending pm

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

It seems I owe these tires an apology. They had plenty of bite to break my car even with just 2s Maxamps power. Well, I'm back for more only this time I'm bringin' the 3s! I put together a redneck...I mean "custom" wheelie bar using .062 music wire, a metal bushing and some locking collars(optional). MacGyver would be proud. :mrgreen: In the second picture I was able to use some sophisticated computer software to simulate what the B3 would look like actually pulling a wheelie. 8)
:P
Ken

Four
Approved Member

Re: Vulgar Display Of Power (updated pics 4/3)

Post by Four »

Im going to have to make a wheelie bar as well. I have been running the 7700 in my car and it pulls wheelies very easily with the stock stealth and wheel size. It's a lot of fun though!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Four wrote:Im going to have to make a wheelie bar as well. I have been running the 7700 in my car and it pulls wheelies very easily with the stock stealth and wheel size. It's a lot of fun though!
I'm just curious if you had any problem mounting the motor using any particular pair of holes in the Castle motor? That sounds unclear even to me. :? To explain better, if you look at my motor wires for instance I would imagine anyone's first question would be: "Why'd that idiot put the wires toward the back of the car instead of forward?". Valid question. For some reason on the Castle motors I'm able to use two of the mounting holes provided on the motor, but it's like the other 2 are a hair off and I can't get them to thread correctly. I had the exact same problem with a TC5 motor mount that I put in my GT. To look at them they look like they are the same either way, but just won't work. I've mounted countless motors so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing(well, in this case anyway :lol: ). These motors don't have two holes right next to each other like brushed motors, but rather 4 located in a cross position. Anyone have any ideas why it only works one way? :?
Ken

Four
Approved Member

Post by Four »

I did see that there are 4 holes at each "corner" as if it were an "X". The only problem I had mounting the motor was the stock screws that came with the car would not thread. I had to use the screws that came with the 7700 itself and they went right in. Otherwise I ddi not have any issues. My motor is mounted with the wires pointed up.

Is it possible that one set of screws is metric and the other is standard?

I just find it funny that my standard screws that I have had with the RC10 since I bought it would not fit.

This is the only picture I have right now

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I had the same problem with the screws. I'll try again. I may have just been impatient. It would make no sense for them to be so close, but not the same.
Ken