30T saying hello.

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

30Tooth

30T saying hello.

Post by 30Tooth »

Hello vintage people...uh I mean people into vintage RC.
I'm a long time lurker, fascinated by your builds and vintage RC in general but entered this hobby 15 years ago so I skipped most of the vintage scene except for brushed motors and nicad batteries. Have a nice collection of new tech cars.
Well I had wired RC cars in my childhood, few of them survived and I wanted one like them but better in every way so I bought a Kyosho Scorpion 2014 because Kyosho was the reason I entered this hobby and the distributor is doing a good job with prices and all, personally I'm partial to buggies like the Turbo Scorpion and the Ultima.
So yeah, the Scorp made me register but the RC10 is what made me stay :)
"Live long and prosper"

DaveM
Approved Member

Re: 30T saying hello.

Post by DaveM »

Hi 30tooth,

Welcome to the club, there are plenty of great guys on this forum, heaps of information and great cars as well.

Pics of your current cars are always good.

Cheers, Dave.

30Tooth

Post by 30Tooth »

Cheers Dave!
Working on the pics, have to figure out where to create a topic in the right section because all my cars except the Scorpion are new school.
"Live long and prosper"

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

30Tooth wrote:Cheers Dave!
Working on the pics, have to figure out where to create a topic in the right section because all my cars except the Scorpion are new school.
I would guess you could create a thread in the Gallery section and put pictures of your cars there, and a separate build thread for the Scorpion in the Kyosho section. As you might've guessed, the majority of people here wouldn't get too excited about detailed build threads for modern RC cars. ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

30Tooth

Post by 30Tooth »

Coelacanth wrote:
30Tooth wrote:Cheers Dave!
I would guess you could create a thread in the Gallery section and put pictures of your cars there, and a separate build thread for the Scorpion in the Kyosho section. As you might've guessed, the majority of people here wouldn't get too excited about detailed build threads for modern RC cars. ;)
Cheers I'll do that! Not the modern RC cars because they are already built but the Scorpion I can add some personal touches and maybe making it built thread worthy :)
BTW, cool Optimas!
"Live long and prosper"

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Thank you! Be sure to create a Scorpion thread, the re-re is a beautifully-designed car that performs well...and considering the ridiculous price Tamiya is asking for their re-re's (especially since nearly every model shares parts with other models), it's hard to believe it's that affordable. If I had the money, I'd buy one of those and probably do things to that Scorp that nobody's seen before...but this summer, most of my spending money went on a 1:1 car.

Build that Scorp and uniquify it!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

30Tooth

Post by 30Tooth »

You're welcome.
I'm kind of apprehensive, because I don't know what kind of performance to expect from a trailing arm suspension buggy. But it's way too cool to see it work and learning how to set it up.
+1 on the Tamiya re-re, no way I would spend that much when the Scorpion is the lowest priced kit I know of, and the quality is great, parts/upgrades readily available...
I have some ideas, a Turbo Scorpion look alike and a couple of performance enhancements, flaked red paint...
"Live long and prosper"

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Welcome to the asylum!! Lol! :mrgreen:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

30Tooth

Post by 30Tooth »

Jedi Master wrote:Welcome to the asylum!! Lol! :mrgreen:
Cheers!
LOL, I always knew this place was special!
"Live long and prosper"

alcyon
Approved Member

Post by alcyon »

Hey welcome here. I saw you on rctech.
howardcano should join too!

30Tooth

Post by 30Tooth »

Cheers Alcyon!
Yeah the more the merrier :D