New from Philly - dug out collection - (rc10/kyosho) - pics

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

n20capri
Approved Member

New from Philly - dug out collection - (rc10/kyosho) - pics

Post by n20capri »

Used to race every weekend with my Dad in the late 80's into the 90's. Been wanting to dig everything out for a while now...finally got around to doing so. Got a couple new NiMH batteries and a new charger. Everything still works as I remember lol.

Car list:
  • RC10T (mine)
    RC10 converted pan car (dads)
    Kyosho Lazer ZX x2 (one was mine one was dads)
    Kyosho Optima Mid (roller)
We both used the Futaba Magnum Junior controller so I have 2 of those as well. All the cars had Novak electronics. Looks like they only make esc's and motors now. I can't believe how much stuff I actually had. Boxes and Boxes!

I thought the RC10T came with either the skinny OR wide front wheels...but I guess they came with both. I chose to run the skinnies. LOVE the look. I just ordered some wheels/tires and hex conversion parts for the RC10 pan car so I can get that up to date...Hopefully they fit properly - it's hard to find stuff when specs aren't always listed. Very annoying especially with trying to match it with old cars. I'll get wheels and tires for the Lazer too. But finding skinny front tires for the truck is proving to be difficult. Any suggestions on tires is greatly appreciated.

I LOVE the Mini-mags for the RC10. Does anyone have an info on them? Like did they ever make a hex conversion adapter for them? And what tires are available for them today? (good luck I know).

It looks like I had an aftermarket chassis for the Optima Mid too. Pretty cool. I don't remember doing that. I used to have an entire "The Hot Trick Stuff" RC10. Man that thing was SOOO cool. Ended up selling it to my neighbor back in the day to get the truck. Wish I had that today. Although I think I might have an NOS chassis still at my parents...one more place to look! ha.

I'll do a restore thread on everything when I get started - want to sort out all the electronics I have first. Need to document motors and stuff also to see what all I have. SOOO much stuff.

Will end up selling the Optima Mid and 1 Lazer too. Don't need them all. Anyway on to the pics.

yes that's a GoPro mount...I couldn't resist. I'll post vid later - I need to edit it down! Also need to find a body for it. That's turned out to be a chore. Any suggestions? WB is 275mm and it's 235mm wide.

The box we used to take to the track. Inside more vintage stuff. A Juice Machine charger and 2 Tekin chargers.

Optima Mid

Original chassis for it

brand new Truck wheels and tires... (7820's)

This aluminum RC10 wing is awesome. Don't remember anything about it other than having it.

Mini Mag fronts - would love to find out if they had hex adapters for these wheels.

Rear

Random

The almighty TechniGold motor. We won everything with this motor...starting back in the Tamiya BigWig we had! lol. That thing broke so much though so we made the switch to the Kyosho's. Also tried the TechniPower out in my grasshopper! haha talk about wheelies.

Novak boxes everywhere!

Stay tuned for more pics and I get started with cleaning them up.
Link to ll the pics and some pics of the cars from back in the day.
http://www.mikemartinelli.com/index.php?album=My-Car-Pics/RcCars

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: New from Philly - dug out collection - (rc10/kyosho) - p

Post by Mr. ED »

Mini Mag fronts - would love to find out if they had hex adapters for these wheels
I believe these have the same fitment as yokomo wheels?

Yokomo made adapters that allow you to put here wheels on kyosho wheels , but you want to get the ones that were marketed for Tamiya vehicles. They were designed to go over the 12mm hexes.
(The ones for kyosho vehicles are a conical fit type and replaced the kyosho hexes)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's a nice pile of stuff you've hoarded all these years. I'm digging the Lazer & Mid, but then, I'm a Kyosho guy. 8)

Whichever ones you keep, looks like you'll have some nice resto projects happening.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »

Yeah it's fun. Problem is I'm going crazy trying to keep myself from going nuts buying parts I don't need! (IE stealth tranny). lol

Just realized I need king pings and button head screws for the hex conversion in the front...so I'm ordering that stuff now. Few other odds and ends. Stupid wheels are coming from China so they won't be here for a month.

I'll likely end up selling the Optima and the Lazer not pictured...after they are cleaned up of course. I have a bunch of NOS Kyosho parts too. Crazy.

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Nice!

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »

So the pan car has an A&L belt driven trans...wow super cool. I know we modded and tweaked back in the day and I'm remembering just about everything...but I didn't remember us doing that. Glad I didn't splurge for the stealth! ha. Pics to come tomorrow.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

very cool, Dont sell a thing, I for one and I bet 99% of the others here would love to have all their original cars.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »