#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

n20capri
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by n20capri »

Just wasted my 6570 idler in a vintage RC10T stealth...is this white one any better?
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6570/

If I go with the Robinson steel gear am I then going to waste the diff gear? 9.5T and a 4s going 69mph is the problem but need to find a solution! lol

Opinions?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yes the white is better. I'd replace the diff gear as well just in case. Make sure topshaft isn't sharp. Metal idlers just move the problem to the diff gear
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Darkrider
Approved Member

Post by Darkrider »

So....i only just found out about the Re issue Worlds car tonight while looking up bodies for another project and it got me wondering...could i use new parts intended for this car to rebuild my older Gold pan? Any real difference besides the pan color and the width of suspension (iirc the worlds car is a different width then the Gold pan)?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

You can use most of the parts. A few differences like front axles, rear cva, and slipper assembly but most of the stuff is compatible and you can also update too
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

pcrussell50
Approved Member

Post by pcrussell50 »

i did exactly what you are talking about with my old gold pan (before reverting it back to stock again), and it came out fine. The gold pan (unless it's a B-stamp) won't take the Stealth transmission unless you drill it. so i bought a used bare B stamp chassis off ebay and used it as a drill guide to drill the four mounting holes in the gold pan for the stealth tranny. they came out beautifully. but since i've reverted it back to stock, it was a waste... and probably hurt resale value too... not that i'm trying to sell it. but i went to the wide front arms and installed the CVA rear shafts instead of the dog bones. there are various small details you will have to consider and decide on. in the case of mine, i decided to use axle shaft sizes of the original gold pan, so i could use the various older 2.2" wheels i already had around that fit the old gold pan. the rere world's uses "modern" era axle shafts so you can install modern 2.2" wheels. in the end, i reverted my gold pan back to stock for nostagia, and built up a "worlds" out of the black B-stamp i got off ebay.

-peter

Darkrider
Approved Member

Post by Darkrider »

gomachv wrote:You can use most of the parts. A few differences like front axles, rear cva, and slipper assembly but most of the stuff is compatible and you can also update too
Nice! That is what i was hoping to hear! I was seriously considering buying both a rere kit and a rere roller. The idea was to use the kit as a parts donor for my Gold pan to upgrade it! Not sure if i would change transmissions though...more likely to keep the trans from the kit as a spare for the roller. But who knows...i might just end up using the kit to full update my gold pan.
pcrussell50 wrote:The gold pan (unless it's a B-stamp) won't take the Stealth transmission unless you drill it. but i did exactly what you are talking about with my old gold pan (before reverting it back to stock again), and it came out fine. i went to the wide front arms and installed the CVA rear shafts instead of the dog bones. there are various small details you will have to consider and decide on. in the case of mine, i decided to use axle shaft sizes of the original gold pan, so i could use the various older 2.2" wheels i already had around that fit the old gold pan. the rere world's uses "modern" era axle shafts so you can install modern 2.2" wheels. i bought a used bare B stamp chassis off ebay and used it as a drill guide to drill the four mounting holes in the gold pan for the stealth tranny. they came out beautifully. but since i've reverted it back to stock, it was a waste... and probably hurt resale value too... not that i'm trying to sell it.

-peter
Mine is an older 6 gear A stamp pan that i have started to mildly upgrade with the use of RPM arms which may or may not get kept in the transition. Well the rears will probably stay since iirc its only the fronts that are different. So there is a good chance i may keep it original transmission and axles in the rear and use the kit donor to upgrade the front.

MatthieuL

Post by MatthieuL »

Hello guys !

I'm new to the RC10 world and I'm building my very first rc10 world rere!
I had the idea to replace the nylon nut on the front axle by a metal one from my old b4 but it doesn't fit at all ! I thought it was standard 4-40 or 5-40 but it looks like there is a problem

Anyone did notice the same thing ?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

It's a 5-40 nut and although you can use it, I personally would not
Factory Works website

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »

gomachv wrote:Yes the white is better. I'd replace the diff gear as well just in case. Make sure topshaft isn't sharp. Metal idlers just move the problem to the diff gear
Thanks! I always ran the inside of the trans dry...Let's say I go all metal inside? lol. I was thinking I would need something to help keep the heat down? A dab of stealth diff lube? Wax chain lube? Thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O7W24?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201064466398?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I've never been a big fan of all metal gear train so I'll leave that to the others to answer. The only thing I ever use on gears, and I usually don't, is tamiya ceramic grease
Factory Works website

MatthieuL

Post by MatthieuL »

Hello guys

Is there any wider front arms than the rere world #6206 i already own ?
I read something about andy's arms but i'm not sure

I'm trying to find something to solve steerings problems with my rc10 on astro

byteme909

Post by byteme909 »

Hi,

newbie to this forum but i've lurked around and searched some threads. I wanted to ask the RC10 vets here in regards to the RC10 worlds re re because I'm interested in building one to run. but I keep seeing a lot of discussion in regards to quality control issues and I hate surprises like that. hoping someone who has ordered one recently could chime in.

- the all encompassing question, are there newer runs of the RC10 worlds re re that has resolved the QC issues?

- if not what do I need in total to fix the car to something decent? I've been seeing the solution as 6565 gear case, 6570 idler gear, and a new topshaft (is it 9601 or 6571 that I need). is there a solution to the CVA if quality is still a present issue?

- is the hardware still plaguing the car as I've seen complaints about the screws being too soft. if so what aftermarket screws are recommended? I don't mind going titanium.

- last small thing; are the molded plastic pieces really that ugly and in different colors such green tinted suspension pieces with greyish white gear boxes?

thanks in advance.

GeekSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GeekSpeed »

Hey all.

I just finished my Worlds build and I think I was generally lucky in that I didn't have any major problems with the parts. There is one issue, however, and I am wondering what I should do. The holes for the bleed screws on the shock caps seem like they were waaaayyyy too small. I was not able to get the screws in there at all until I redrilled them. Of course, now I have one that leaks. Has anyone run into this issue before? I was thinking about ordering some new caps, but I want to make sure this is not a problem with me doing it wrong. :lol:

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »

GeekSpeed wrote:Hey all.

I just finished my Worlds build and I think I was generally lucky in that I didn't have any major problems with the parts. There is one issue, however, and I am wondering what I should do. The holes for the bleed screws on the shock caps seem like they were waaaayyyy too small. I was not able to get the screws in there at all until I redrilled them. Of course, now I have one that leaks. Has anyone run into this issue before? I was thinking about ordering some new caps, but I want to make sure this is not a problem with me doing it wrong. :lol:
I didn't buy this car kit - I just got the shocks separately for another car and had the same issue. I didn't drill the entire hole out I simply opened it up slightly towards the edge and let the screw bite. Had to get a replacement set of caps too cause I broke one in a crash...same issue.

Smokes

Post by Smokes »

Hi I am currently building the kit so far no major pitfalls.

I had to sand the Diff ring and thrust rings flat to ensure the Diff is smooth.
The transmission is a bit tight the seem to be a high spot on the gears I am hoping I can just wear the transmission in to remove the high spot.

I have one query

I am confused about the transmission brace it mentions the transmission brace dose not have a counter sink. Therefore do I counter sink the transmission myself or build it with out counter sinking the transmission brace?

Thanks