General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Hi,

Firstly, great site, have been reading it for a few days trying to find some information on RC10's, but i end up lost in threads reading about the builds people have done.

I used to race an RC10 in Australia quite a few years ago, was a graphite chassis that had been cut away quite a bit from the owner beforehand. Won a lot of 540 and stock races, almost won state except for a gearing issue which caused me to run out of battery on last lap each race (was well ahead too). Brother owned a JRX2, i smashed him ha ha.

Anyway, still have both cars and parts back in Australia, now live in NZ and thought ill get it sent over to me, strip it down, and rebuild it with newer parts. Trouble is, i spoke to the local RC store, and he said no-one in NZ supplies Team Associated parts. I dont mind ordering from ebay as long as i am sure the parts im buying are correct (cant return to store and not many RC10's in NZ from what i can find on the net).

Ill be getting pictures sent over from Aus when my dad can send them so i can identify the body (well try to, would guess its around '90 or so) and then take it from there. Any ideas or links to auctions on a newer gearbox i could run, and perhaps a brushless setup too.

Thanks guys :D

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Re: New member

Post by LowClassCC »

welcome to the site.

sadly quite a few parts have been discontinued. but keep your eye on ebay. there are always parts going through there. but watch the prices. some people charge a bit more that the item is worth. but then again if they are getting it then who am i to say what the part is worth lol.

another place you might try is tower hobbies. they are limited and the parts that they do have can be a pita to find at times but if you find it there its brand new. they do carry 2 bodies for the old rc10's. problem is i dont know if they ship down under or not seeing im not down there. maybe another member here would know.

as for a trans. what trans are you currently running? the six gear or the stealth. if its the six gear you could always upgrade to the stealth. if you have the stealth you could always convert it to the 2.65:1 gear ratio rpm version. here's the link to it on tower hobbies.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV49&P=7

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Oo, thanks for the reply. Not sure what gearbox i currently have, would have been a stock one, but no idea it was so long ago.

Will check around that site u linked, thanks.

Is there much involved changing an older setup to a brushless motor etc?

I had the battery packs in 2x3 packs, not the longer single pack, if that narrows down what model i have.

Cheers :D

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Try extreme hobbies in Dunedin he's an Associated agent http://www.extremehobbies.co.nz/1.htm if you need any parts I might be able to help you out...and welcome..

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Awesome! Thanks. Should get some pics through soon of my old buggy, then a matter of getting it here and figuring out what needs to be done to it.

You see the gold pan rc10 on trademe btw?

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Yes that's me and you just asked me a question on there...

Pete

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Welcome to the site!

Nothing special needed to convert over to brushless. Motors have the same bolt pattern. You will definetely have to play with gear ratios after install to get her running good.

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

tizeye wrote:Yes that's me and you just asked me a question on there...

Pete
:lol: Many people keen? If its a hassle getting mine from Aus ill be keen on picking one up soon...
bngiles wrote:Welcome to the site!

Nothing special needed to convert over to brushless. Motors have the same bolt pattern. You will definetely have to play with gear ratios after install to get her running good.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy like I am.
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

bradjnz wrote:
tizeye wrote:Yes that's me and you just asked me a question on there...

Pete
:lol: Many people keen? If its a hassle getting mine from Aus ill be keen on picking one up soon...
bngiles wrote:Welcome to the site!

Yes there is lots of interest in it...you could always build your own me and railey72 can give you plenty of advice on where to get the bits...

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

Welcome to the wonderful world of addiction. Always great to have new members.

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Thanks for the welcome. Still trying to get pictures of my original one sent over, then ill get it sent of its worth the hassle. Otherwise ill pick up another one from around here and see how it goes from there :)

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Ok, seems like the best option at the moment is to purchase a new rc10, and keep my original as is, perhaps bring it back over with my next visit. Next problem is whether anyone in nz sells the new models as well. Checked the site you suggested in Dunedin and couldn't see any for sale :(

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

bradjnz wrote:Ok, seems like the best option at the moment is to purchase a new rc10, and keep my original as is, perhaps bring it back over with my next visit. Next problem is whether anyone in nz sells the new models as well. Checked the site you suggested in Dunedin and couldn't see any for sale :(
You need to ask him he is the Associated agent

bradjnz

Post by bradjnz »

Cheers, emailed.