Keep the RC10T or replace it with a T4?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Keep the RC10T or replace it with a T4?

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Tonight I took my RC10 gold tub runner out for a spin. It was a blast. It's got a 14t Speed Gems motor and a Super Rooster and a bunch of good old school stuff on it. I just drove it around the neighborhood. I built it to be a runner. I wanted to run it harder, but it is in pretty good shape. It's definately a runner, but it's no basher. Which led me to thinking, I need a designated basher. A stadium truck makes for a better basher anyway.

I've got an RC10T that I picked up quite a while ago, but have yet to run. It's barely used. I was thinking of using it as a basher. But, then I'm a little afraid of taking a really nice vintage car and beating it. I know it will take the beating, but a T4 might take it better, and parts are easier to get for it. I don't have much money now, so I'd probably need to sell the 10T to get a T4, which I don't mind doing. But at the same time I wouldn't mind keeping the 10T.
I had a T4 basher a while ago, with a brushless in it and it was one of the baddest R/C's I've ever driven. Even with a regular modied motor, the T4 is an awesome machine. I love the design, but then I also love the original 10T too.

I feel stupid for even posting this, but I can't decide what to do. Any opinions? Pros and cons?

Sharkman
Approved Member

RC 10 T

Post by Sharkman »

Mel, What are you looking to get for the 10 T?let me know,interested if the price is rite!! Thanks.
Dan

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I'm not sure yet. I'm still deciding if I should run it or go with the T4. I'm leaning towards the T4. I'll definately let you know.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

while i have no experience with a t4 i would imagine it would be a great basher. the fact that its more current and a better design is a huge plus.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Yeah, I'm really leaning towards it now. I had one a while back and I think it was the best basher I had ever driven. Actually, it and the TTR Tremor Clodbuster. But, those are two totally different kinds of bashers. Both still totally awesome.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Welp, it's settled. I sold the RC10T to sharkman and just ordered a new Factory Team T4, along with a Novak brushless system. Like what I had before, but this time Factory Team and the Novak technology is updated.

I just found a great bashing area right around the corner from me, so this should be a fun summer. 8)

The local stray cats are in trouble now. :twisted:

qctires
Approved Member

Re: Keep the RC10T or replace it with a T4?

Post by qctires »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Tonight I took my RC10 gold tub runner out for a spin. It was a blast. It's got a 14t Speed Gems motor and a Super Rooster and a bunch of good old school stuff on it. I just drove it around the neighborhood. I built it to be a runner. I wanted to run it harder, but it is in pretty good shape. It's definately a runner, but it's no basher. Which led me to thinking, I need a designated basher. A stadium truck makes for a better basher anyway.

I've got an RC10T that I picked up quite a while ago, but have yet to run. It's barely used. I was thinking of using it as a basher. But, then I'm a little afraid of taking a really nice vintage car and beating it. I know it will take the beating, but a T4 might take it better, and parts are easier to get for it. I don't have much money now, so I'd probably need to sell the 10T to get a T4, which I don't mind doing. But at the same time I wouldn't mind keeping the 10T.
I had a T4 basher a while ago, with a brushless in it and it was one of the baddest R/C's I've ever driven. Even with a regular modied motor, the T4 is an awesome machine. I love the design, but then I also love the original 10T too.

I feel stupid for even posting this, but I can't decide what to do. Any opinions? Pros and cons?
...damn...that is going to be a very tough decission to makke...
:?: :roll: :shock: