Marui Coors Tamiya Wild One Kyosho Toyota Hi-lux & Tomah

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Marui Coors Tamiya Wild One Kyosho Toyota Hi-lux & Tomah

Post by Mr. ED »

I found the first 3 NIB today.

I'm planning to buy all of them but wanted to check for demand here first.

The kyosho is by far the oldest I believe, the box has a funny line: 'garden off-roader' or gardener off-road' something :)

Anybody knows where to find some info on this car and how much I should spend maximum to have a good chance at making some profit?

The Marui Coors is not as popular as their other cars I believe, should I leave it?

The wild-one, well I guess it should sell well: if Tamiya doesn't announce a re-release ;) How much should I spend ?

Hopefully I can make enough to replace my batteries and charger: just found out the lacal club races 12 minutes onroad with stock moters: no way my 1400's and 1700's can do that after so many years.
(I hope my ESC will hold up: a first release LRP ICS...)

The tomahawk is used, and I'd like to keep it for myself.
It would be a runner, so , any advise as to what I should pay attention too, and which parts are hardest to replace?
(Like our timetunnel friends I don't mind replacing with non-vintage parts but gears are probably exchangeable for toher vintage ones :(

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

ok, some info on the kyosho: -----
EDIT, sorry wrong link

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

sorry, I didn't read the german well, that was far from original , this is the one and only true Kyosho Toyota Hilux:
http://www.retromodelisme.com/voiture/22-1/toyota-hilux-kyosho.html

EDIT wrong again, it turns out Kyosho made 2 entirely different Toyota Hi-lux's.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

That link isn't to the garden offroad hilux. If that is the car it is rare and Kyoshos first proper off road chassis with 2 speed gearbox and 4wd. The garden off roader is 1/16th scale, 2wd and with no rear suspension http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=2473&id=125

Both types are very rare and valuable, if you find a buyer. I missed one of the 4wd Hiluxes in mint condition on ebay that sold for $30 a while ago as there was only one bidder. One of the garden off roader Hiluxes was on ebay recently, but only had one offer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190101934722

The Marui Coors was based on the Ninja and Shogun chassis. Apart from the Ninja style front shock mount the Coors is basically the grey Shogun chassis. Collectors seem to be most interested in the Ninja. The Ninja is the same as the Coors, apart from the parts being black on the Ninja which means you can't just change the bodies to convert to the other. The Coors seems to be in the most demand for collectors wanting to get the full set of Marui cars, as they only made 12 models.

As for the Tomahawk, the only part you want to watch out for are the shock collars. They break very easily and new replacements can be found but they are very expensive. For a runner the best solution is to replace them with ones from the Kyosho Raider before they break - you can usually find a Raider runner cheaper than a set of the proper shock collars.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

terry.sc wrote:That link isn't to the garden offroad hilux. If that is the car it is rare and Kyoshos first proper off road chassis with 2 speed gearbox and 4wd. The garden off roader is 1/16th scale, 2wd and with no rear suspension http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=2473&id=125

Both types are very rare and valuable, if you find a buyer. I missed one of the 4wd Hiluxes in mint condition on ebay that sold for $30 a while ago as there was only one bidder. One of the garden off roader Hiluxes was on ebay recently, but only had one offer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190101934722

The Marui Coors was based on the Ninja and Shogun chassis. Apart from the Ninja style front shock mount the Coors is basically the grey Shogun chassis. Collectors seem to be most interested in the Ninja. The Ninja is the same as the Coors, apart from the parts being black on the Ninja which means you can't just change the bodies to convert to the other. The Coors seems to be in the most demand for collectors wanting to get the full set of Marui cars, as they only made 12 models.

As for the Tomahawk, the only part you want to watch out for are the shock collars. They break very easily and new replacements can be found but they are very expensive. For a runner the best solution is to replace them with ones from the Kyosho Raider before they break - you can usually find a Raider runner cheaper than a set of the proper shock collars.
Another 'wow' for Terry, yes, it is the 1/16th model in the e-bay link, I recognize the box art. Sorry for putting up the wrong links, i will edit these right away.
the German text says this model was only ever released in Japan, which explains why nobody but you seems to even know about it.
Since I'm not a collector, the model is not my style and there is as good as no intrest, I'm just gonna leave it where it is. (I have no place to store stuff till demand rises)

The Marui, well I've seen a 250$ 'buy it now' and will see how that goes first, and then check how much I can get it for...

The Wild one I may just buy for myself, if it sells , all the better (I've seen a 700$ buy it now for this and will foolow up on that too)

The Tomahawk, mmm, I don't mind changing the shocks entirely even, let's see how much they want for it :)