pawn stars, trailbreaker / my avatar

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

pawn stars, trailbreaker / my avatar

Post by longboardnj »

[youtube]yLf_aj-hjrg[/youtube]

[youtube]AqYqFLvE-Ag[/youtube]

[youtube]cAz0jIxDUZI[/youtube]

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: pawn stars, trailbreaker / my avatar

Post by Lowgear »

That thing looks pretty beastly. I always wanted a Honda Fat Cat.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

That thing is pretty cool. Don't think I'd pay $5K for one though. :mrgreen:

That looks like an interesting show.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

Thanks for starting a new thread in the appropriate forum! :D :D :D
Yeah, I remember seeing the mag wheels. I was also curious as to wether or not these were still made, since on the show it said "manufactured from 1963 to present"....

I'm a little more modern on my dirt bikes, Post-vintage and modern are my main interest.

I love Husvarna's and Kawasaki's. I have a '72 Husky 250, '82 430XC and an '07 TE510 street legal enduro. For Kawi's I have an '84 KX125, '01 KX250 and '93 and '04 KX500's...
Sprinkle in a pair of K1 Honda CT90's and you get the idea.. :wink:

I've gotta give my Dad all the credit for this 2 wheeled obsession. He still has his '73 CZ 400 that he bought new when he was 18! Along with multiple others in various stages of construction. '74 CZ400, some CZ 250's and a 125, plus a FALTA replica complete with OE air shocks and the start of a side piper... Maico's, Suzuki TM400 and who knows how many more.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Relax. Alright? My Old Man is a television repairman....... Got this ultimate set of tools... I can fix it!!" - Spicoli

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

Lowgear wrote:That thing looks pretty beastly. I always wanted a Honda Fat Cat.
Fat cats were cool! Yamaha had their own versions called BW's they made a 200cc and even an 80cc mini-sized one. My cousin had the 80 and I was always jelous that he could cruise the dunes in Glamis on 2 wheels while I was stuck on my 3 wheeler when we were kids.. :lol:
"Relax. Alright? My Old Man is a television repairman....... Got this ultimate set of tools... I can fix it!!" - Spicoli

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

04 kx500
cool bike.. i think thats the last year a 500 was made..how is it starting that beast...thats why my banshee is the best, big 2stroke power and easy to start... my friends cr500 was a real pain to start.. im a yamaha/ honda guy (but i did love the 89kdx200 i had) i really like my 2 rokons but im mostly into atvs/atcs and 100cc dirtbikes(xr100, rt100) but i want another full size bike .. yamaha wr500 ..its hard to find a good one at a good price... you should add a trailbreaker to your collection .. they are made to last forever and now run 4stroke engines... [youtube]rKz7biIvZWQ[/youtube]

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

Yep, it was the last year. I almost bought one new in '01 instead of my 250. I always wanted a new 500, but at the time my best friend worked at the local bike shop and told me the '01 250's were super cheap. They had about 7 or 8 still in the crates and the '02's were already showin' up. Once I bought that bike, I told myself whatever year Kawasaki stops makin' the 500 I'll buy one then. So thats what I did... 8)

The 500 starts real easy. I just don't attempt it without a boot on. :lol: Lots of compression, but not finicky whatsoever. Hot or cold it starts everytime with one or two kicks.

WR500's are awesome! Basically an air cooled YZ490 motor stuffed in a 250 frame, right? A good friend of mine bought one back around '96 and he still has it. I think its a '92 ?.?. They only had 'em out for a year or so I think.?.? I remember seeing pics of Damon Bradshaw's Factory WR500 back when the AMA pro's still raced open class bikes.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

when i was a little kid i remember one of those bikes parked out in front of a store my mom used to drive past everyday.

it was cool then too... :wink:

i crash cars
Approved Member

Post by i crash cars »

I saw the episode but was kind of lost regarding the bike. Forgive my ignorance, but do these things have a large following? The 2wd is cool and all but can't you cross the same trails with a dirt bike? I did kind of like the old John Deere paint scheme before they restored it, it matched the "farm equipment" look of the bike. :lol:

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

cyclepsych0 wrote: Fat cats were cool! Yamaha had their own versions called BW's they made a 200cc and even an 80cc mini-sized one...
Right! Yamaha also make a street-legal version called the TW-200, my buddy has one, I just rode it the other day - it's a bit gut-less, as you might imagine for a street-legal 200cc motor. My buddy also has a little fat-tired scooter called a Zuma, it has a two-stroke motor which he bored-out to 70cc, with a loud pipe, etc. That thing is a hoot to ride, feels faster that the TW-200.

Lots of cool bikes y'all have!
My three brothers and I have had more bikes than I can remember, both dirt and street. Had both an '88 and an '89 CR500 which were indeed the hardest beasts to start, felt like they wanted to break your leg.

Six years ago, I had five bikes in the garage:
Honda XR650L and XR250L, Suzuki TL1000S, Yamaha V-Max, and Suzuki SV650.

I am down to just the SV650 today, but, I love that little bike.

:arrow: I had no idea they still produced Rokon's. I never really wanted one, but, very cool from an engineering stand-point. I want a Polaris [Ranger] RZR-S.
-dldiaz

Der Kommissar
Approved Member

Post by Der Kommissar »

I'm a big mini bike collector. Check out http://www.oldminibikes.com sometime. That is where we gather. :mrgreen:

If you want to see ultra rare, this is a pic of my 1961 Go Kart Manufacturing Go Kart Cycle "Green Enduro." I purchased it from the original owner. She's now on Ebay. I did puchase it to flip, but if it doesn't sell, it will go in my collection. It's just too cool.
Attachments
002 [].JPG
If it isn't broke, I haven't driven it yet.