Does JPS = RC4WD?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synergy
Approved Member

Does JPS = RC4WD?

Post by Synergy »

Is JPS and RC4WD one in the same :?:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

No, far from it. I think RC4wd used to distribute JPS products, but no longer does. I've heard that RC4wd aluminum parts tend to break. JPS is a top notch machine shop and makes the best aluminum parts for your truck. However, their customer service is extremely, extremely slow. But, they do deliver the goods. If you are patient enough, when you finally get your order in the mail, you will be more than happy with what you bought. RC4wd service is hit or miss. My last order showed up within a week. Other times, I have recieved incomplete orders, incomplete parts, waited weeks for delivery, etc. But, they seem to have their customer service back on track.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Oh, and JPS has been around since the 1980's. RC4wd is probably about 6 years old or so. I didn't mean to knock them, they do make nice parts, but I've heard some stories about aluminum pieces not holding up.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

jps... :roll:

i emailed them about some buggy wheels. the guy emails me back sayin what styles he had in stock. i email him back with a 200 buck order and never heard from them again... i even called and left a message saying i had emailed and nobody had gotten back to me... i dont mind waiting for an order to be fullfilled, but i damn sure mind having to hunt somebody down and make multiple attempts to place said order.

maybe jps makes nice stuff, but i'll never know. if you aint going to respond to emails dont list an email address...and if you aint gonna even return a phone call or be proactive enough to listen to my message and send me an email i just aint gonna give you my money out of principle... maybe i'm just asking too much for a company to WANT to sell product... :roll:

it looks as if hua (rc4wd) has got alot of the bugs worked out of his buisness. i'm starting to get back into crawlers again and was amazed at how much custom stuff he has going on for the crawler community.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I've been waiting almost 4 months for two sets of wheels, I've made 3 phone calls and spoke to them on all three occasions, the last time which was last week they promised to get them out by the end of the week, we shall see :roll:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I think I waited about 10 weeks for my JPS Clod axles to arrive. I called about once a week. Every time I called, he picked up the phone. You should call and pester him.