i need tools

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: i need tools

Post by kaiser »

idk, there's something to be said about comfot too. i was using the tools last nite and they are very comfortable.
the stuff i had been using would give me a blister after a few tough bolts.

i may be a fool, but i'm a happy fool with some nice shiney new tools! :lol:

and when i think about all my metric full size car tools, these $60.00 hex's are very reasonable.

cyclepsych0
Approved Member

Post by cyclepsych0 »

kaiser wrote:and when i think about all my metric full size car tools, these $60.00 hex's are very reasonable.
Exactly! I spent $385 on the Snap-on truck today and all I got was a 1/2" drive torque wrench and a 36mm Impact socket.... :roll: :roll: Granted, I'll never have to buy anymore of these for as long as I live, but DAMN!!

As for R/C ball allen wrenches my brother in-law got these from his Matco Tools guy...

http://www.wiha.com/denmark/layout/set/print/Onlineshop/Screwdrivers2/PicoFinish-Sets/264PK6-PicoFinish-ball-end-hex-screwdriver-set-6-pcs

They come in standard and metric sizes and work fantastc! The end of the handle spins so you can rest it tight against your palm and still spin the driver. We've only broke one of the small .050" ball ends off in the year + we've had 'em, but it was replaced under warranty! :D :D
"Relax. Alright? My Old Man is a television repairman....... Got this ultimate set of tools... I can fix it!!" - Spicoli

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

slotcarrod wrote:Penny wise, pound foolish! Don't be cheap! :wink: You will end up spending more for replacing stripped hardware and worn out tools! Spend the $60.00 ONCE :idea: and get these! http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=1541&category=4020.xxxxx
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190426093197&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

cyclepsych0 wrote:
kaiser wrote:and when i think about all my metric full size car tools, these $60.00 hex's are very reasonable.
Exactly! I spent $385 on the Snap-on truck today and all I got was a 1/2" drive torque wrench and a 36mm Impact socket.... :roll: :roll: Granted, I'll never have to buy anymore of these for as long as I live, but DAMN!!

As for R/C ball allen wrenches my brother in-law got these from his Matco Tools guy...

http://www.wiha.com/denmark/layout/set/print/Onlineshop/Screwdrivers2/PicoFinish-Sets/264PK6-PicoFinish-ball-end-hex-screwdriver-set-6-pcs

They come in standard and metric sizes and work fantastc! The end of the handle spins so you can rest it tight against your palm and still spin the driver. We've only broke one of the small .050" ball ends off in the year + we've had 'em, but it was replaced under warranty! :D :D
Wiha makes really nice stuff, I've always been happy with their tools. I feel your pain about the Snap-On truck, my Dad was a Snap-On dealer for 35 years, I've had 2 of those truck sitting in my driveway since I was born, just think of what I would owe him if it wasn't for "lifetime loans" on tools :lol: 8)