What has happened to Losi?

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: What has happened to Losi?

Post by longboardnj »

What has happened to Losi replacement parts??? i can find some parts but not all of them.. i was trying to find all the diff parts for the speed t to convert my buddies xxxt to locked diff but no luck... rc10 stuff seems easy to find....
oh an i saw everyone talking about traxxas... the traxxas 2.4 radio is the worst radio ever made... give me a break with the flashing lights.. how hard is it to put on a few knobs and switches on a radio...

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

longboardnj wrote:What has happened to Losi replacement parts??? i can find some parts but not all of them.. i was trying to find all the diff parts for the speed t to convert my buddies xxxt to locked diff but no luck... rc10 stuff seems easy to find....
oh an i saw everyone talking about traxxas... the traxxas 2.4 radio is the worst radio ever made... give me a break with the flashing lights.. how hard is it to put on a few knobs and switches on a radio...
you're mad at Losi and Traxxas, you should go buy a Kyosho :lol:

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

this is what happened to losi:
http://www.tlracing.com

more specifically this:

:mrgreen:

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

It looks like Losi is back!

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Well i hope that maybe this will restart 1/10 classes because I know it is dead in this area. I have many 1/10 offroad cars and havent been run in years, since the start of CORR truck, buggy class is dead. So hopfully losi is back.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Things may be turning around for Losi...When was the last time a buggy had an aluminum chassis?

This car may be the kick the a** they needed..

I'm impressed.

Let's hope another company follows their lead....you know, that Taiwan company that cranks out "Associated" stuff...

http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=B99582704A0F4E8B809CB532C7024722
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Diggley wrote:Things may be turning around for Losi...When was the last time a buggy had an aluminum chassis?
Actually, the Durango DEX410 does, but who's counting? :D

shirochanwrx
Approved Member

Post by shirochanwrx »

Couple of things:
1) Traxxas has not always been crap ... the Blue Eagle and TRX-1 were excellent vehicles, if not particularly original or inspiring. And with R/C (and especially affordable R/C) in the US on life support, the introduction of the Slash was seminal. In a world where 1/8 4wd nitro rules, where touring car racing was killed outright by the expense of tires and other technology, and where not having a comm lathe meant B-main for most folks, the notion of introducing a truck that was a) its own class without competition from more expensive manufacturers b) came with a closed endbell motor preventing tuning or tampering c) came with tires on a unique rim to prevent tire tech wars and d) reintroduced true *scale* appearance when most R/C vehicles look like moon buggies, may have saved the hobby.

2) We do not really know what the situation was with Losi being sold to Horizon. I like to think that I would want to pass my namesake company to my namesake / child, but I have a strong suspicion that selling Losi to Horizon was the best thing for the Losi's. And how could you keep your heart in making products for a company that was founded to make hard-core racing products in an industry in which less than one in twenty people actually race? I'm sorry, but you have to make LSTs and High Rollers and all that mini / micro crap that is "hot" in order to survive. The JRX2 and its progeny really needed to be the icing on the cake in a product line, they cannot be the main course.

3) Speaking of mini / micro, and not withstanding the importance of the Slash, is it possible that the problem with R/C in America is partially due to the increasing lack of focus in the industry in terms of product lines? How many people gave up because their racing class, be it electric 1/10 2wd buggy, or 1/10 electric touring cars, or nitro stadium trucks, was replaced by whatever was the new kid on the block? Sure, some people will pony up for the new ride, but I know that many people put the XXX-T on the shelf when short course trucks arrived and walked away ... although I will admit that SC is a little different because R/C was hurting pretty bad when it arrived. But micro / mini racing? Ugh.

4) RTR has caused problems in the hobby for sure, and yeah I shake my head when I see the "rich kids" in the hobby shop telling the guys behind the counter that his eRevo broke again and he needs to have it fixed. But actually, those people are *good* for the industry. Sure, they aren't getting the same experience out of their efforts, but those people didn't buy R/C *at all* when they had to build it themselves. Huge net plus. Those morons subsidize the industry for the rest of us.

5) Just soaked a set of old Losi x-pattern tires, at least 15 years old, in brake fluid to recover them from some used wheels. Compared even to Pro-Line contemporaries, and especially to CRP and Traxxas, the difference in quality becomes more apparent with age. Those guys are soft and fresh as the day they were made while the others feel like plastic, if they survived at all. Thanks Gil.