The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lonestar
Approved Member

Traxxas TCP - gorrrrgeous!

Post by Lonestar »

Hey Guys,

this just arrived from Germany,

I wouldn't actually be surprised if the previous owner would be a forum member actually ;)

Anyways - this is a gorgeous TCP, which as all of you know :mrgreen: is a TRX3 with the choice of short/long rear front arms, different UJ's (they're sublime btw!) and a couple of other things.

The car was sold as lightly run, man, I wish all cars I buy in "lightly run" condition would be as pristine as this one! there is some light corrosion on the turnbuckles, but they're crappy anyways (help me, Lunsford!!!) and common to all el-cheapo modern traxxas cars.

What's even cooler is that the body has a great retro paintjob, actually using one of my color patterns (I either run white-orange-black or white-yellow-black). This car was born to sit on my shelf!

Anyways- enjoy the pics :)

Image Image Image Image

And Andre, if you're around, Vielen Dank , your car is in good hands :)

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

GJW
Approved Member

Re: Traxxas TCP - gorrrrgeous!

Post by GJW »

awesome paul! how many bidders went for it, was it a decent fight/top price? :)

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

GJW wrote:awesome paul! how many bidders went for it, was it a decent fight/top price? :)
Gary,

thanks - no bidders, it was on a BST board. I was surprised and thrilled to be told by the seller that he'd sell it to me really as I would have thought he would have gotten many other requests, but it looks like for once I was the lucky one.

the price was on the lowish side, but it wasn't an absolute bargain either, I was just slightly lucky, I would have paid more but not much more.

Although, on second thoughts, this thing is so crisp... :lol:

The thing that really ticks me off overall is how interesting most of the 80's/90's TRX cars are... Bullet, Rad, TRX-1, TRX-3, TCP, Eagle, Blue Eagle, LSII, SRT... all these cars (except the Bullet and Rad, and even these...) could run with the best of their era, were cheap and absolutely undestructible... now look what Traxxas has become, all they can do is slap ugly printed bodies on RTR cars that they manage to sell for more than competition (compare a BL pede vs a BL T4...) so they can fund their painful marketing campaigns... it just sucks, period.

I am going to stare at that orange and white beauty a bit more to boost my morale back up :D

Paul

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Great looking car, Paul! This, or at least a TRX-2 is one I'd like for my collection. I have a few old Traxxas cars which I absolutely love for their quirky appearance, (TRX-1, Bullet) and uniqueness (The Cat) but I wholeheartedly agree with you about the direction the company (and the hobby in general) has gone.
Gary

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

RedScampi wrote:Great looking car, Paul! This, or at least a TRX-2 is one I'd like for my collection. I have a few old Traxxas cars which I absolutely love for their quirky appearance, (TRX-1, Bullet) and uniqueness (The Cat) but I wholeheartedly agree with you about the direction the company (and the hobby in general) has gone.
Hello there - thanks for the kind words, I'm feeling lucky for once :) If you ever come across a TRX-2, consider yourself much luckier than me! :lol:

A lot of us share the view that Traxxas ain't what it used to be - then again it's also fair to say that without the 2011 traxxas, a lot of tracks would be closed by now as they were able to ressucitate the hobby twice, first with the tmaxx, then with the slash...

their printed bodies still suck and their marketing drives me nuts nonetheless :mrgreen:

Paul

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

Looks to be a stunning example, nice score 8)

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

This car is one my list of wants. Just have to wait for the right deal. Wow, you did a great job finding this nugget. Very clean and yeah, it has a nice paint job. Excellent score!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Lonestar wrote:
RedScampi wrote:Great looking car, Paul! This, or at least a TRX-2 is one I'd like for my collection. I have a few old Traxxas cars which I absolutely love for their quirky appearance, (TRX-1, Bullet) and uniqueness (The Cat) but I wholeheartedly agree with you about the direction the company (and the hobby in general) has gone.
Hello there - thanks for the kind words, I'm feeling lucky for once :) If you ever come across a TRX-2, consider yourself much luckier than me! :lol:

A lot of us share the view that Traxxas ain't what it used to be - then again it's also fair to say that without the 2011 traxxas, a lot of tracks would be closed by now as they were able to ressucitate the hobby twice, first with the tmaxx, then with the slash...

their printed bodies still suck and their marketing drives me nuts nonetheless :mrgreen:

Paul
Oops! :oops: Should have said TRX-3. It's what happens when you type early in the morning...
Gary

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

Lonestar wrote:

Paul
this is my feeling exactly and i grew up on the pede and rusty so what does that say huh?

also, think i had a crisis over that buggy :oops: , want to pick myself up one eventually but i can never find a basket case car on the normal sites and id rather restore then just buy a crisp clean resto or like new original.

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Wow to cool......Had my eye on that same exact TRX-3/TCP. Was just kinda browising the BST's on that site and almost contacted the seller to see what kinda deal we could strike.

But being in the US, It would of ended up just too much $$ for me.

Very sweet/clean lookin buggy I gotta say....Havent seen one that clean since my buddies NIB one he has. 8)

Whats your plans for it? Runner? Shelfer?

Dave