T4 SERVO SAVER

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

T4 SERVO SAVER

Post by longboardnj »

I have a rtr t4 and i just broke the servo (at the track).. the built in servo saver seemed loose but is that not enough?? Are people runing mini servo savers on the servo too?? any help would be great...

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Re: T4 SERVO SAVER

Post by PBR Allstar »

I don't run any servo saver on my sc10 which is the same setup as your t4. I use the avid bell cranks which eliminate the stock servo saver and a Futaba 9551 servo. The ssecond servo saver has a lot of slop in its self on the track, you wouldn't think so, but once it's loaded up with grip and truck tires it moves quite a bit. Adding another servo saver would make your steering a wet noodle.

Granted you may not want an all out race setup, but I would upgrade the servo at the minimum. The Futaba s3305 is a nice servo, metal gear, ball bearing with a ton of torque that will handle a severe amount of punishment for under $35. You should be able to run that servo with the stock saver very tight and you should notice an improvement in steering response.

Trucks especially, really benefit from a servo upgrade. It's money well spent.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

thanks i was hoping the mini servo saver was not the answer.. they are like $6 each and a pain in the butt to deal with.. i was taking 1 off to adjust it and the spring poped out.$6 in the trash.. a better servo sounds good to me..

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

yeah, just upgrade the servo and not have to worry about it again. That S3305 is over twice the torque of the 1504 that comes in the T4 rtr with similar transit speed. I have one that's been in a spec slash for well over two years now, it usually gets loaned out to race in novice so you can imagine the pounding it takes. It does have the xtra large heavy duty kimbrough servo saver on it which offers a lot of resistance.