FARMERS RCX EXPO EXPERIENCE SUNDAY THE NEWS,PICS AND MORE

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: FARMERS RCX EXPO EXPERIENCE SUNDAY THE NEWS,PICS AND MOR

Post by slotcarrod »

Very nice to share your experience Farmer! I too feel sad when I see the Greats age! :(

Re make of the RC10???? Meh! :wink:

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

Sweet just killed a half hour of my boring day at work reading this. Thanks for posting Farmer. Suprised my iPhone was able to download all those pics.

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Thank you for sharing such a great story. I could hear the crowd noise in the background as I was ready :).

As for the re-re RC-10, I cannot wait!!

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

I like the idea of a re-issued RC10...

It might be a good move for Associated.

The re-do idea worked pretty well for Tamiya to re-issue fan favorites... (SRB, Frog, Hornet, etc.)

Think how cool it would be to buy a factory fresh pan and not pay eBag scalper pricing. :D

Think about it, a cheap restoration for a change!

I hope it's a clean 1984 issue with subtle upgrades.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

i would like to say thanks guys, it was a great trip and yes i heard some great news! visited some great exhibits! one that i forgot to name the, Golden Years of RC exhibit was a a step back in time, and to meet the man behind it Romulus i belive thats how you spell his name,very informative and and gracious to let me snap some pics to share with you folks that didnt have a chance to see it. I belive that as that collection grows and gets a building to display it will be a stopping point for many travaling vintage rc guru's thx again Romulus!

The news are should i say rumor :wink: is going to effect people in alot of different ways, some will welcome it and some will have the tamiya collector attitude that the rerelease will kill the market, but as charlie said if you are in this for a monatary gain your in the wrong bussiness. Looking at the collectability of the original rc10 falling off! with the re re of the rc10. I would say there is a good chance to a certain extent, But in no way will it ever replace the early early models, there will be as said before! the ebay scalpers that will most like see a fall in bussness, the rumor as we should call it is supposed to be made with parts that will have un reversible markings so nobody can pawn of a rumor car for a vintage , I have about 5 rc10 in various stages from the early light gold to the black worlds and each one of them holds a spot in my rc collection heart,and that can never be replaced by a rumor car, Im all for it i can shelf my runner that im always chassing parts for,and drive the wheels off a rumor car as hard as i want with out the fear of hunting down a suspension mount are breaking my only gear cover,are breaking my only set of front andy arms are rebuilding my 6 gear again, but! will it still hold that same filling of racing a 20 something year old car and beating the pants off a modern buggy? that question will have to wait to be answered, till we see how far the rumor car deveates from the original design, Than you can look at the possability that there will be CO's that will make hop up parts, maybe not 4wd kits but man i sure would like a rpm gear cover , Than look at all the rc'ers that never even heard of a rc10 that will have there eyes opened to the vintage side of this hobby, that mite search out originals for there collection. Its a double edge sword! but as a racer im all for it! i say deal the cards and let them fall where the may , Once again thx for all the comments and i hope you enjoyed all the news and pics!
tx farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I welcome re-release anything as long as every single part has a way to tell it from an original one.

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I'd love to see a remake of the RC-10, but I can't see it ever happening.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Dirtdiver wrote:I'd love to see a remake of the RC-10, but I can't see it ever happening.
x2

This is all very interesting!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Hopefully their studies show it to be a profitable idea as for them to make it happen. I think it's a cool idea, even if only in my mind. :mrgreen: