How much is my RC10GT worth

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: How much is my RC10GT worth

Post by slotcarrod »

Charlie don't surf wrote:The product of a pack of AE 6233 special screws cubed, totaled with the square root of a SNIB JRX-Pro divided by 3.14 (assuming a full moon) .
Can some one do the math on this please! Math was not my strong subject!

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I started to do the math, but I couldn't get past pi. Mmmmm pie........ :mrgreen:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

7, the answer is 7.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Can we make this a sticky?

Oh never mind, people asking for pricing obviously can't read anyway
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7465 , but I didn't post instructions on how to follow the link....so I'm not sure it will work

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Pintobean11 wrote:I am looking to sell my blue chassis RC10GT soon and am trying to figure out how much I can get for it. It is clean for how old it actually is and runs/starts everytime. It doesn't need any work at all and is great for a beginner. Here is a picture:

What could I get for it with all electronics as well?
Hello Pintobean11.
Simply put there is no value guide when it comes to these things. Back in the day older models tended to become more redundant as the newer models were released onto the market. Often these older models had little worth and racers would sell them off for what ever they could to help fund their racing.
Fast forward to today, there is some renewed interest from folks with a nostalgic yearning and a small market has been created for the older mdels again. This market is fickle and you'll find that by doing some research on ebay and other places what your specific model has recently sold for.
In truth, it's a buyers market. The vintage/nostalgic market has well and truly been saturated by sellers unearthing little gold mines of cool stuff and releasing it out on to the market. Essentialy would be buyers are spoilt for choice.
These are factors which will at times govern prices. Ofcourse you can always post a price that you feel it is worth and go from there. Make an offer will soon prove what people are willing to pay. Wether that meets your expectations or not will soon give you a true idea of what it is worth at that particular point in time.
Hope some of this information helps you out.
Best of luck.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

[youtube]Dg8gNFHlifg[/youtube]
-dldiaz

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

slotcarrod wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:The product of a pack of AE 6233 special screws cubed, totaled with the square root of a SNIB JRX-Pro divided by 3.14 (assuming a full moon) .
Can some one do the math on this please! Math was not my strong subject!

Pintobean11

Post by Pintobean11 »

J.M. wrote: Hello Pintobean11.
Simply put there is no value guide when it comes to these things. Back in the day older models tended to become more redundant as the newer models were released onto the market. Often these older models had little worth and racers would sell them off for what ever they could to help fund their racing.
Fast forward to today, there is some renewed interest from folks with a nostalgic yearning and a small market has been created for the older mdels again. This market is fickle and you'll find that by doing some research on ebay and other places what your specific model has recently sold for.
In truth, it's a buyers market. The vintage/nostalgic market has well and truly been saturated by sellers unearthing little gold mines of cool stuff and releasing it out on to the market. Essentialy would be buyers are spoilt for choice.
These are factors which will at times govern prices. Ofcourse you can always post a price that you feel it is worth and go from there. Make an offer will soon prove what people are willing to pay. Wether that meets your expectations or not will soon give you a true idea of what it is worth at that particular point in time.
Best of luck.
Thanks for your response.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Pintobean11 wrote:
J.M. wrote: Hello Pintobean11.
Best of luck.

Thanks for your response.
I guess we should have prompted you that we're great at busting chops :oops:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Pintobean,

what Charlie said, we get that question so many times it becomes almost a necessity to respond how we do. I'm glad you replied and didn't just pack up your toys and go home. stick around, it's a fun forum.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Charlie don't surf wrote: I guess we should have prompted you that we're great at busting chops :oops:
He is being modest...we as a collective group are excellent at busting chops on this question 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Pintobean11

Post by Pintobean11 »

I've been on forums long enough to know how it goes. I mean, you can't take the internet too seriously right?

And in all reality, I don't have enough posts to be active in the buy/sell so I may have just tried to be tricky. Today I ended up trading the car for a duratrax stadium truck. My buddy has been looking for an electric truck so it worked out perfect to make this trade.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

When I first stepped into the vintage world I wanted to know how much all my stuff was worth. I think I thought it would be cool to know my stuff was worth a fortune. But I quickly learned it isn't worth but what the next person will pay for it. And I soon learned to just like owning the stuff.

I still watch certain cars on ebay just to see what people are paying for certain cars. Even that is never a set price. What something in perfect shape may sell for. A week later a poor shape of the same thing might go for just as high. Too many factors in when you're selling versus when people are buying.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Well said 8)