TRF 415 pulley for YZ10?

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

stickboy007
Approved Member

TRF 415 pulley for YZ10?

Post by stickboy007 »

I was looking around for 35T pulleys that might fit on a YZ10, since as with the rest of you I am not crazy about being price gouged in the event that I would need to get new diff pulleys. It so happens that Tamiya's TRF415 uses a 35T pulley. Their part 51055 looks much like the rear YZ10 pulley, except it's possibly a little narrower and the outer holes fit 10 diff balls rather than Yokomo's 12.

Their DB01 uses a 37T pulley, which might also fit...

The Yokomo belts/diffs are 3mm pitch and I would assume that Tamiya's are also 3mm pitch (I tried finding out, but could not confirm). I'm curious as to whether anybody else has thought of this, or tried this...?

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: TRF 415 pulley for YZ10?

Post by Mr. ED »

I have tried and found it didn't work. why? I really don't remember well, but I think it was something with the diff balls and thickness of the center part. the tamiya diff uses larger balls that make the diff too wode for the yok cases, and when using the yok 's smaller diff-ballls the disks rub squeeze on the plastic rather than the balls... Something along those lines was the problem

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

That is unfortunate. My pulleys are fine now, but I'm just concerned about what to do if some kind of rock gets in there and eats up the pulley. The YZ10 pulleys are very hard to find, and there do not appear to be any aftermarket or repros out there. I'd hate to have to buy another chassis just for parts...

Justjoe
Approved Member

Post by Justjoe »

Try this link...Its for Top RC Supply. They have free shipping world wide right now.

http://toprcsupply.com/35t-pulley-set-fr-f-diff-yr-en.html
USAF Retired
870C, Works 91, YR4-M2 Pro, RC10 Graphite, RC10 Carbon fiber tub
Old Skool RC10 Gold pan, RC10DS, Traxxas REVO

59burst
Approved Member

Post by 59burst »

from 870C, all the rear diffs in yoke buggies eat dirt and debris. so some of my friends went to kyosho from the reason.
yoke buggies were made only for race i think. but me and my friends used to carry extra rear diffs for race always though :lol:

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Justjoe wrote:Try this link...Its for Top RC Supply. They have free shipping world wide right now.

http://toprcsupply.com/35t-pulley-set-fr-f-diff-yr-en.html
Awesome! Thanks!

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

59burst wrote:from 870C, all the rear diffs in yoke buggies eat dirt and debris. so some of my friends went to kyosho from the reason.
yoke buggies were made only for race i think. but me and my friends used to carry extra rear diffs for race always though :lol:
I normally race a B44 for 4wd buggy. I picked up two YZ10s (870C and '94) as project cars/shelf queens, but I'd like to use them for vintage racing so long as I have the spare parts I need. I contacted the folks over at Dynotech racing yesterday, and they said they can do repro delrin arms at $25 per "unique" arm (the '94 arms have a kick-down, so the left and right arms are each unique). I plan on sending them my '94 upper and lower arms to get a delrin set, but they have to see first if they can replicate the kick-down on the arms.

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

stickboy007 wrote:
59burst wrote:from 870C, all the rear diffs in yoke buggies eat dirt and debris. so some of my friends went to kyosho from the reason.
I normally race a B44 for 4wd buggy. I picked up two YZ10s (870C and '94) as project cars/shelf queens, but I'd like to use them for vintage racing so long as I have the spare parts I need. I contacted the folks over at Dynotech racing yesterday, and they said they can do repro delrin arms at $25 per "unique" arm (the '94 arms have a kick-down, so the left and right arms are each unique). I plan on sending them my '94 upper and lower arms to get a delrin set, but they have to see first if they can replicate the kick-down on the arms.
I have never seen a broken YZ10 '94 arm. They made them really tough after the '91 arms were so weak. I doubt you will be replacing the '94 arms very often.

Saying that it would be amazing to see the '94 in white! I would also love to get a set of replica '91 arms in machined white nylon.

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Yes, the '94 arms are pretty beefy. I would not expect them to break much or at all, but it's always that one part you didn't bring to the track that you end up needing to replace...

For your '91 arms, just get in touch with Dynotech racing. You can ship your arms to them, they'll trace it out, send you your arms back, and make delrin repros.

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

stickboy007 wrote:Yes, the '94 arms are pretty beefy. I would not expect them to break much or at all, but it's always that one part you didn't bring to the track that you end up needing to replace...

For your '91 arms, just get in touch with Dynotech racing. You can ship your arms to them, they'll trace it out, send you your arms back, and make delrin repros.
I cant afford it! I know Dual got some Dukomo arms reproduced for his yz10. I also wanted some KingCab / Hi Lux but I cant justify the price tag. $100 for 4 arms - I know it would be worth it but times are tough!

Getting back to topic, the pulleys didn't really wear that much either. it was the drive pulley that powered the rear pulley that seemed to wear out the most.

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

I see. But the center pulley is metal (at least the ones that have the one-way), right? I assume the stock pulley was plastic?

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

that pulley has about 3 times less teeth than the diff pulley. So each tooth gets visted by a belt tooth 3 times for 1 diff tooth. Plus: the smaller diameter makes this pulley less efficent: more friction the teeth = more wear

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

Even with the alu drive pulley it Will wear out alot .
À club member went to an machine shop and Had à steel pulley made for him around 120 dollars in 92/93.
He got tiered of replacing it .

Regarding the diff pulleys i bought machined pulleys from rwracing for My lazer zxr
Even though i bought the 9 that where left he could make more there
Was an mini order but dont remember how much i bet he could make some yokomo
Pulleys aswell.

Mvh isobarik

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

isobarik wrote:Even with the alu drive pulley it Will wear out alot .
À club member went to an machine shop and Had à steel pulley made for him around 120 dollars in 92/93.

Regarding the diff pulleys i bought machined pulleys from rwracing for My lazer zxr
Pulleys aswell.

Mvh isobarik
I have some of the 870c/91 pulleys made by RW Racing, they are very nice machined Delrin. Didn't know they could make more!

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

fakiee wrote:
isobarik wrote:Even with the alu drive pulley it Will wear out alot .

Pulleys aswell.

Mvh isobarik
I have some of the 870c/91 pulleys made by RW Racing, they are very nice machined Delrin. Didn't know they could make more!
And you didnt ask i guess .

Mvh isobarik