JG Optima Mid Truck Conversion

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

j0pp3
Approved Member

JG Optima Mid Truck Conversion

Post by j0pp3 »

Just got my hands on this sweetness:

John Gudvangen #1518 Optima Mid Monster Truck Conversion Kit for Blackfoot Rims and Tires

Perfect winter project for the october/november-ish. My plans is to build a fiber glass mid (john guvangen style) and use this conversion on it. A month ago I bought a new built Ferrari F40 that is going to be the donor car.

How it arrived

Scanned add from RC Car Action 1987
Cheers
Joel

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: JG Optima Mid Truck Conversion

Post by Coelacanth »

Nice to see a full conversion kit. I have nearly that full kit too, but I have no use for it and I'm selling it. It has a used, painted body, Blackfoot wheels & tires instead of those smaller spike tires and the white body mount posts are scuffed, but most of the rest of it is in good shape. I'm glad you posted this so I can see what's all included with the full conversion kit.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

Coelacanth, feel free to post images of yours right here if you like. Does the Blackfoot wheels fit the included wheel adapters or are they direct fit on a Mid?
Cheers
Joel

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

j0pp3 wrote:Coelacanth, feel free to post images of yours right here if you like. Does the Blackfoot wheels fit the included wheel adapters or are they direct fit on a Mid?
It includes 12mm hex to Tamiya-style adapters as your kit shows. Here's a link to my post in the B/S/T section, hopefully it won't auto-prune before you get to view it. :P

My For Sale Thread:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30434

Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

Cool! Thanks for sharing. That's more of a monster conversion. The kit I have feels more like todays stadium trucks :)

Found an article in RC Car Action about a JG monster mid!

Cheers
Joel

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

The kit I have looks to have all the same body mounts & wheel adapter parts as yours, but adds additional monster truck light-bars/roll bars/sideguards/bumpers--from the looks of it.

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

Coelacanth wrote:The kit I have looks to have all the same body mounts & wheel adapter parts as yours, but adds additional monster truck light-bars/roll bars/sideguards/bumpers--from the looks of it.
Looks like our bodies are a bit different too. Check the rear part where yours are flat. I'm talking about R/C now, LOL
Cheers
Joel

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

j0pp3 wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:The kit I have looks to have all the same body mounts & wheel adapter parts as yours, but adds additional monster truck light-bars/roll bars/sideguards/bumpers--from the looks of it.
Looks like our bodies are a bit different too. Check the rear part where yours are flat. I'm talking about R/C now, LOL
Oh, no doubt...I have no idea if that body I got is stock or aftermarket or modded. :) It looks like a Lexan Blackfoot body, I guess.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

killer stuff joel. i can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the build. i'm a little envious that you're going to build it. especially that body!

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

littleVETTE wrote:killer stuff joel. i can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the build. i'm a little envious that you're going to build it. especially that body!
Thanks! No update yet but I will hopefully be able to copy a genuine JG SWB mid chassis soon that will be a perfect base for this project :)
Cheers
Joel

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

it gets better and better joel. awesome stuff.

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

It's getting way better than I thought was possible. Found a JG chassis plus top deck on Ebay the other week. I was like :shock:

Cheers
Joel

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's a nice haul of option parts, this is going to be a great project to follow! 8)