Finally got my re re right....I hope

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Finally got my re re right....I hope

Post by NickTheGreek »

First ever build....The couple I did with my uncle back in the 80's don't count. I might've contributed 2-3% n got on the brothers nerves on top of it.

Man, definitively was fun but caused a lil despair along the way.
I built after a couple nights, tightened up the last couple screws ....n notice a tiny washer on the table.
I had forgotten that little freakin washer that goes on the idler gear pivot. Had to take everything apart, go in the tranny n fix it right...n that was after something else I had forgotten n ended up having to take it apart to get in the tranny again a lil while earlier. Ah yeah, it was the forgetting to put grease on the inside of the diff pinion.
Then, I couldn't find one of the screws for the motor plate so I replaced with one I had on a parts car.....which ended up gettin stripped so I couldn't take it back out....Then I'm goin to Home Depot to get a dremel....Im developing anxiety...forget about it....
Take it to the parking lot....start doin cartwheels....something aint right...The car don't wanna move. I guess I had the the diff nut too tight (or too loose?) n the diff balls ended up melting in the spur gear.
Ay ya yay......
Then for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I had 2 bearings left over for the tranny.
Luckily,earlier today I noticed a thread in here on a tranny restoration n bearing conversion n realized two bearings go into each axle drive gear...
Getting out those c clips...this is heinous....
N there was more grief.....I just can't remember....My brain must be trying to block the pain....

I just finished gettin it all right (I hope).....Now I just gotta wait for some of this snow to melt over here in NY to go out n give it a few rips......

Some pics....

(most of my pics seem to be to big a file size)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Re: Finally got my re re right....I hope

Post by NickTheGreek »

Excuse my English by the way....I really am literate.

arerrac

Re: Finally got my re re right....I hope

Post by arerrac »

Looks great! Nothing like finding extra parts that aren't "extra"!