New Yokomo Find! YZ-10 Pavidis??

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DennisM
Approved Member

Re: New Yokomo Find! YZ-10 Pavidis??

Post by DennisM »

Charlie don't surf wrote:So were the velvets ever available without the lower cartridge? I know that my ZX-5 had non-threaded bodies, and then later I upgraded the barrels to threaded ones- but I don't recall a shock that held the internals in the body :oops:
No I don´t think so - Just to be clear, the ones on the Yoke are not Velvets? The velvets are more golden brownish.
The shocks on Your ZX5 were like these, just with blue caps instead? https://www.google.dk/search?q=Kyosho+Ultima+ST+type+r&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=6INGDTT9xDVfRM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcS4_UB0mCL5xa408QeRGAiOiBzjScuv1_ZLFs4W1VAbAzVxya5g%253B640%253B480%253Bt_w8NN1VLEN73M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.rctech.net%25252Fforum%25252Fr-c-items-sale-trade%25252F24425-ft-fs-kyosho-ultima-ep-type-r.html&source=iu&usg=__tDmvMyGZOb91GoZllVL9CvOVWV8%3D&sa=X&ei=0XYCU9uTDuqE4ASG7YCYAw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAw&
Gone fishing

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

if you have a kyosho shock that looks like it's velvet construction, but not dark brown, it's a kyosho triple cap shock set. velvets are triple cap shocks with velvet shock bodies.

I bought a set of triple cap shocks that weren't velvet and it took me awhile to figure out what the deal was. Still a nice shock, hard anodized, etc. just no velvet body.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

DennisM wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:So were the velvets ever available without the lower cartridge? I know that my ZX-5 had non-threaded bodies, and then later I upgraded the barrels to threaded ones- but I don't recall a shock that held the internals in the body :oops:
No I don´t think so - Just to be clear, the ones on the Yoke are not Velvets? The velvets are more golden brownish.
The shocks on Your ZX5 were like these, just with blue caps instead? https://www.google.dk/search?q=Kyosho+Ultima+ST+type+r&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=6INGDTT9xDVfRM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcS4_UB0mCL5xa408QeRGAiOiBzjScuv1_ZLFs4W1VAbAzVxya5g%253B640%253B480%253Bt_w8NN1VLEN73M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.rctech.net%25252Fforum%25252Fr-c-items-sale-trade%25252F24425-ft-fs-kyosho-ultima-ep-type-r.html&source=iu&usg=__tDmvMyGZOb91GoZllVL9CvOVWV8%3D&sa=X&ei=0XYCU9uTDuqE4ASG7YCYAw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAw&
Yup those are the originals to my ZX (minus the blue).

rctodd1624
Approved Member

Post by rctodd1624 »

In an effort to bring this back around, I'm really trying to figure out what shocks and well as any other parts I need to make this right and complete. Any help in figuring a parts list would be a great help. thnx

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Very nice Yokomo you have rctodd1624 8) . Hard to tell whether it is an original Pavidis Edition or an upgraded YZ10 without better photos but it looks as if it is had minimal run time :wink:

Are you looking to return it to stock form or to complete it? It has a some aftermarket items on it like the Team Suzuki hubs, carbon steering tie-rod brace, MIP CVD's, TI turnbuckles and Kyosho shocks.

As you mentioned, you will need a motor mount and centre layshaft system. You will also need some ZC-118G and ZD-604 carbon battery plates, top deck posts, ZD-605 carbon I-arm plate, ZD-400 upper deck brace holder, ZC-110 wing mounts and some hardware. Again, hard to tell from the photos but does the top deck have mounting holes to match the holes where the posts would go on the chassis? Could be a 1994 YZ10 carbon top deck you have on the car. The shocks absorbers used on the Pavidis Edition were Team Associated .71 and 1.02 inch length with Yokomo hardware and copper springs Some parts are harder to find than others and Fibre-Lyte can probably help you with a few parts but in the end, it is worth it. Really nice models the Pavidis Editions.

Maybe the previous owner upgraded his 1994 YZ10 using the ZD-600 conversion kit and LW arms? I know a common modification bitd was to remove the top deck posts to allow for more chassis flex (on Australian tracks anyway).

I direct you to this thread to view an example of a complete Yokomo YZ10 World Champion Special

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7181

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing you restore this car.

Vin

Edit: added part numbers

rctodd1624
Approved Member

Post by rctodd1624 »

Thanks a bunch that does help. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I may spent the time and money to hunt down the correct parts or maybe add some newer stuff to make it easier. At the least shocks.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

DennisM wrote:
EvolutionRevolution wrote:Unless I am mistaken the rears are HPI shocks and the fronts Kyosho teflon shocks with blue caps (basically the shocks that came just prior to the TwinCap Pros). All from mid- to late 1990s.
Do You know which buggy, these teflons were on?
The 1. zx5 had twincaps and the last zxs evo lazer had?
They were on no buggy. They look like short versions of the Kyosho Teflon shocks, which should have been available in four lengths: Long, Medium, Short (these ones), and SuperShort (Kyosho Teflon Touring shocks as found on the TF-2R and TF-3). These short shocks would have been optional shocks for the rear of the Kyosho SuperTen FW-03.

They certainly are not Velvets, Triple Caps, or TwinCaps - those all have a bottom cap.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

EvolutionRevolution wrote:
DennisM wrote:
EvolutionRevolution wrote:Unless I am mistaken the rears are HPI shocks and the fronts Kyosho teflon shocks with blue caps (basically the shocks that came just prior to the TwinCap Pros). All from mid- to late 1990s.
Do You know which buggy, these teflons were on?
The 1. zx5 had twincaps and the last zxs evo lazer had?
They were on no buggy. They look like short versions of the Kyosho Teflon shocks, which should have been available in four lengths: Long, Medium, Short (these ones), and SuperShort (Kyosho Teflon Touring shocks as found on the TF-2R and TF-3). These short shocks would have been optional shocks for the rear of the Kyosho SuperTen FW-03.

They certainly are not Velvets, Triple Caps, or TwinCaps - those all have a bottom cap.
All I´ve been able to find is W5152 super short and W5253 short. Would be really nice to find them in medium and long too.
I´m still leaning against the option mini Inferno rear shocks due to the blue shock cap. I guess the shock body is the same as W5153.
Gone fishing

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

DennisM wrote:
EvolutionRevolution wrote:

All I´ve been able to find is W5152 super short and W5253 short. Would be really nice to find them in medium and long too.
I´m still leaning against the option mini Inferno rear shocks due to the blue shock cap. I guess the shock body is the same as W5153.
It's totally possible that the Mini Inferno option shocks are the same shocks - Kyosho tends to repackage the same parts under different numbers (or different parts under the same number sometimes, which is a pain in the behind).