Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Seabass
Business Member

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great!

Post by Seabass »

Hey guys I have been a complete stranger from this place for a while now and to be honest things had gotten a little out of control for me in the past year.

I figured I could share some of the struggles I have been facing over the past year and it will probably shed some light on why I became a little bit of a flake.

First I need to sincerely apologize to Scrap. Most of you don't know but I did him wrong during this time frame and took forever to correct it. The details are not important but I figured i would show some of the struggles I faced. Jason, again I apologize and if there is ever anything you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last September right around the same time frame I was trying to launch the Nix10M and re-launch the Nix91, I up and walked out of the house from my wife due to a very serious financial situation she placed us in. I had no where to go and all my belongings except clothing remained at the house. I ended up secretly sleeping in my office for a week, and then finally took leave to go to my parents house until I could figure out what i was going to do. With help of friends, I was able to gather up some necessities and found a place to live. Once I got moved in I kept pressing forward with the Nix10M and the Nix91 however my heart was not in it since I was under an extreme amount of stress. I ended up pushing out several 10M kits but started experiencing problems with material suppliers for the 91. Once the Holidays rolled around I was highly depressed, and found it very difficult to get out of bed. I put on a fake smile for everyone but I was hurting bad. My divorce was really starting to get ugly at this point and it had carried over into my military career, making work absolutely horrible. I also started working with a company designing RC drag car kits so anytime I felt I was in the right state of mind to work on anything RC related, it never lasted long enough to really be productive. I made it through the holidays, but still suffered from depression to the point I started speaking to a therapist on a weekly basis.

Around March I finally got approved to retire from the military but it wasn't celebrated since the spill over from the divorce into my career changed how i was viewed. Well i had a part in it, because I had the worst attitude ever and had just completely given up. I moved to Louisiana to start working in my family oilfield machine shop, but the industry was dead (still is). I was unsure about what I was going to do to make a living and just started doing random jobs as they would come up.

As I started thinking back at how I had made parts in the past, I started prepping to make RC parts again. I ended up making several sets of Clodbuster wheels and the work I have done with the RC drag car company is finally starting to pay off, and kits will start to be manufactured soon.

I am currently doing pretty good overall but I still have worries about how things will be for me. I am doing my best to get back into making quality parts that are desired at fair prices. The past two months have been really good so far and I hope things continue to get better. Since being in LA I have vastly expanded my machining knowledge and I am getting into more intricate parts.

The Nix91 re-release was an utter failure and I ended up having to cancel it due to a problem with getting material for the chassis. Now I am settling in, I am going to try again to get the Nix91 back up and going again very soon. I have everything I need except that chassis material.

I am not asking for sympathy from anyone, but I wanted to share a little bit of my life with you guys, since I consider many of you very good friends. I have been busy with Clodbuster stuff lately but i need to get back into the RC10 market and I will soon. In the end I did get all my belongings from the house and they are her with me now in LA. I am still married and my divorce still isn't final. I still have some struggles ahead but I belive I am in the right state of mind to be able to tackle them now. 7 months ago was the absolute worst.

I am happy to pop back in and I need to catch up with what some of you guys have been working on. See you guys around the forum.

Jake

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great!

Post by scr8p »

Not a problem dude, just glad you're getting back up on your feet.

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Jake, sounds like you have had a real test this past year+. I give you genuine credit for not giving up and finding a path forward. Glad to see you back on the forum, and I wish you the very best in the coming years.

Mark

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Welcome back :!:

And thanks for sharing your struggle, hope it helps you move forward.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

stay strong Jake and good luck.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

klavy69 wrote:stay strong Jake and good luck.

Todd
You can do it, no need to fret as you are strong enough to get through it all.

Look at how far you have come...

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

It takes a lot to be able to write a post like that, for the world to see. IMHO, it shows you are winning over the depression. Continue moving forward and focused on family and do what makes you happy.

Very glad to see you clearing the fog :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Hope everything works out for you bro!

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I appreciate the response from you guys and things are getting better for sure.

I needed to get this off my chest and had even told one member I planned on making a post like this when I was ready. The Nix91 are on my radar again for sure, and I will be doing everything I can to get this back up again, it really was a cool project between Niki and I.

I held on to an alum Nix91 and a 10M. I need to break the seal on some Worlds cars and get them built soon.

Jake

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Glad to hear things are improving for you. 8) When feeling down i go to my work bench an try an design something around some crazy parts to make something cool it peps me up.Keep movin on man ive been there so know all too well the troubles and cures,DON

sandkil
Approved Member

Post by sandkil »

Glad to have you back!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

What Joey said, you posting is a great indicator that things are headed the right direction for you. Glad to hear that, but sorry to hear of all the troubles to get back on your feet.

Great to see you posting again, be sure to stick around!!!!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Jake! 8) Welcome back! Great to hear things are looking up. When you hit rock bottom it really makes you appreciate it when things start trending back upward. Great to hear from you and I'm sure things will only get better. Keep your head in a positive place!
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Jake,

Sorry to hear about your troubles... I'm glad you're getting through it with your chin up. Best of luck to you.

Brian

SiRacer420
Approved Member

Post by SiRacer420 »

I don't know you but it sounds like you had a lot to deal with and I wouldn't wish any of that on anyone. I've lived in Louisiana my whole life, so welcome to LA!