Amazon Problems?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

YakkityYak
Approved Member

Amazon Problems?

Post by YakkityYak »

Has anyone else had problems like this with Amazon? I figured since a relative has prime I'd order some stuff. Got some 2s Lipos, and an RPM toe gauge, and then this happens. Needless to say I'm a little P'ed off.

I think this is the last time I'll order Hobby Supplies from Amazon.
Losi - Mint-T
Associated - RC10 (x2)

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Amazon Problems?

Post by matt1ptkn »

I've had a similar tracking description before, though not Amazon related. I'd say this is more a problem with USPS than Amazon, but I'd say give it a couple days. If the tracking isn't updated, contact Amazon. I doubt you'd have any trouble getting replacements with the tracking showing that it was lost. Which also brings up another question: How was the tracking updated if the package is lost? Doesn't someone need to either scan, or know, the tracking number in order to update it???
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

YakkityYak
Approved Member

Post by YakkityYak »

matt1ptkn wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 am I've had a similar tracking description before, though not Amazon related. I'd say this is more a problem with USPS than Amazon, but I'd say give it a couple days. If the tracking isn't updated, contact Amazon. I doubt you'd have any trouble getting replacements with the tracking showing that it was lost. Which also brings up another question: How was the tracking updated if the package is lost? Doesn't someone need to either scan, or know, the tracking number in order to update it???
I believe this is the whole thing where they're just using people to deliever packages, so who knows. They couldve opened it and taken the good stuff to make a buck, or they just lost it and said 'whatever'. This is why I trust something Federally operated, like USPS, then everyday people when it comes to delivering packages.
Losi - Mint-T
Associated - RC10 (x2)

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

YakkityYak wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 am I believe this is the whole thing where they're just using people to deliever packages...
:shock: I didn't realize that Amazon had resorted to this. I'd even trust a drone over a John Doe any day. The things big corporations do to save a buck... always at the cost of customer satisfaction. :evil: :(
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

if they ever open up shipping options for small companies people like me, I would use Amazon's shipping service over usps any day of the week and twice on Sundays. They are just average joe blow drivers in rented white cargo vans but I have never had a single issue with them, they are always friendly, I get pics taken when they leave item showing where it was left, I get notifications when they are in the area and how many stops away, etc. I guess it just depends on who you trust. I do not trust anything to do with the government. IMO its just easier for them to get out of responsibility. I have been taken advantage of by USPS repeatedly with lost items, and they will not accept ANY responsibility unless you paid for insurance. What kind of crap is that? If I dont do MY job right, I dont get paid for the job. If they lose something of mine, they should at LEAST pay me the shipping cost back- they DONT. Sorry for the rant, but usps always brings out the worst in me.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

YakkityYak
Approved Member

Post by YakkityYak »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am if they ever open up shipping options for small companies people like me, I would use Amazon's shipping service over usps any day of the week and twice on Sundays. They are just average joe blow drivers in rented white cargo vans but I have never had a single issue with them, they are always friendly, I get pics taken when they leave item showing where it was left, I get notifications when they are in the area and how many stops away, etc. I guess it just depends on who you trust. I do not trust anything to do with the government. IMO its just easier for them to get out of responsibility. I have been taken advantage of by USPS repeatedly with lost items, and they will not accept ANY responsibility unless you paid for insurance. What kind of crap is that? If I dont do MY job right, I dont get paid for the job. If they lose something of mine, they should at LEAST pay me the shipping cost back- they DONT. Sorry for the rant, but usps always brings out the worst in me.
And im sure that the whole set up is nice, i probably just got the bad egg of the coop. If this is resolved, then i can put all grief behind me, but if nothing is fixed, then my problem and statement remain. Ill shoot them an email later that way they have time to get it here if its just late, or was left somewhere.
Losi - Mint-T
Associated - RC10 (x2)

YakkityYak
Approved Member

Post by YakkityYak »

Contacted Amazon. I got my money back. Will be reordering everything I need again. Most likely somewhere else, but all is good now.
Losi - Mint-T
Associated - RC10 (x2)

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am ... I do not trust anything to do with the government....
Amen brother. I could not agree more!
Doug

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Over the span of last month, I had several USPS packages either claim "Unable to deliver item, problem with address" or "Address unintelligible / address doesn't exist" on the delivery days. Each time the package showed up the next day perfectly fine. I suspect that whoever was doing the route those days either wasn't able to deliver all their packages or didn't want to.

USPS does everything they can not to deliver packages directly to the house anyway. Generally if they can't cram it into the mailbox that's a quarter mile away, they'll bring it back to the post office for pickup. Fed-Ex doesn't like delivering here either because of "safety concerns of their drivers due to frequent bear activity" as we've been told. UPS are the only ones we haven't had a problem with yet.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

A couple guys I work with swear by Amazon. They've had their issues and always end up getting their packages or money back but so far to date I haven't had any of these guys have near the issues that Jeff has with USPS. I also work with another guy who buys off Amazon, builds up the item and offers it for resale on ebay who literally sends all over the world with less issues than Jeff so I'm thinking Jeff's USPS driver just happens to be a vintage RC kinda guy with all the issues he has :P

Good to hear you got your $ back so fast though...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

my usps guy is awesome, and the local PO is good too! Mine are always lost in the final stops, or when they hit foreign soil :-(
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I'd be up for delivering your packages for you Jeff! I should be able to get at least one out of every 2 packages delivered :mrgreen: .

Just realized too that last year during from about this time til mid January that USPS and was bringing in average Joes to deliver just packages in my area. Mostly IIRC they were either retired veterans or retired postal workers looking to supplement their income. I know that I had several amazon packages come that way also but I'm not a big amazon guy so not for sure on the amazon part...

I know Jeff, sends alot of packages so as with everything the percentages are up with the more packages sent the more lost but definitely agree that once it hits customs on another land alot of issues seem to arise.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Another thing to increase the likelihood of getting a package is to not put "Awesome stuff inside" on the box. If you put from a radio control brand or hobby shop on the box as sender the package is more likely to go missing then if just a name was on the box.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !