Car Care Products

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Car Care Products

Post by Halgar »

transamman908 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 am I find that before adding any type of cleaner to really grungy GM carpets is going in the vehicle with a stiff brush and have a compressor with a air nozzle.
I've actually decided to pull the rear carpet out and go to town on it with the hose and scrub brushes. With it out of the vehicle, I'm not at all concerned about moisture issues. Will have to wait for better/warmer weather though. Part of the reason for replacement is the matted carpet nap, cleaning will definitely help, but I think it's still going to be matted and well worn, which I can live with if I can get it clean enough.

I'll try the air hose on it too. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I realized I never updated the status of the Burb for those following along.

I pulled the seats and most of the interior plastic trim out to remove the carpet. Went at it with a pressure washer and carpet cleaning detergent and scrub brushes. Both the carpet and the floor mats look almost new. Got most of the stains out too.

While I had the seats out, I decided to convert the bench seat with crappy storage over to a center console, which required also changing out the dash skirt along with it.

With the dash opened this much, might as well go after all the dash squeaks too. One of the mount clips was broken off, glued it back on with Shoe Goo and some sticks to reinforce it, rerouted some other wires, and added some foam padding here and there and that got rid of most of the noises.

With everything clean and repaired, it all went back together and the difference is night and day. I still need to take some "after" pix, then I will post up the before/after results if anyone is interested. 8)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

On to new projects, which is having some minor bodywork done, paint touched up, and the whole thing buffed and polished. When this is done I need to restore all the exterior plastic trim and that should be about it.