Dull photobucket pictures.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DennisM
Approved Member

Dull photobucket pictures.

Post by DennisM »

Is there any fix for this?
It´s shame that almost 1/2 of the pictures in the older threads are gone.
Gone fishing

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Dull photobucket pictures.

Post by shodog »

I think you have to pay money for them to host otherwise they look blurry. About a year ago I signed up for a $2.99 a month account and other than a recent hiccup they’ve been fine

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Not casting stones here nothings free in life forever it was fun while it lasted but you want to continue showing off YOUR pictures you need to pay the piper simple as that........

It sucks almost half the pictures here are blurred.......................................................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

After pulling the crap they did, photosuckit will never see a penny from me. It saddens me that anyone would support them. They singlehandedly destroyed years of data here. Sure hosting isn’t free, but the way they went about it by holding pics as hostage is just wrong. We have many members that have left over the years, some that have passed away, and all those pics are gone. I wish people would use the built in hosting more, as it is safe and you won’t wake up one morning with a $299 a year demand letter to release them.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 am After pulling the crap they did, photosuckit will never see a penny from me. It saddens me that anyone would support them. They singlehandedly destroyed years of data here. Sure hosting isn’t free, but the way they went about it by holding pics as hostage is just wrong. We have many members that have left over the years, some that have passed away, and all those pics are gone. I wish people would use the built in hosting more, as it is safe and you won’t wake up one morning with a $299 a year demand letter to release them.
+1. The internet nowadays has forums everywhere that are full of useless threads with blurred images or broken image placeholders.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Bakauata
Approved Member

Post by Bakauata »

I personally use the forums uploader. I try not upload very large or pointless pics, since space is probably not unlimited, and the forum is paying for it, but I find it’s the easiest way.

As an alternative to photobucket, why not use Flickr? I’ve been using it for years and it’s always been free. I think it still is.
Google drive would probably work too.
Chris

winner_evo
Approved Member

Post by winner_evo »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 am After pulling the crap they did, photosuckit will never see a penny from me. It saddens me that anyone would support them. They singlehandedly destroyed years of data here. Sure hosting isn’t free, but the way they went about it by holding pics as hostage is just wrong. We have many members that have left over the years, some that have passed away, and all those pics are gone. I wish people would use the built in hosting more, as it is safe and you won’t wake up one morning with a $299 a year demand letter to release them.
Yep, I feel exactly the same, they won't ever get a penny from me either having ruined threads across many different hobbies. I still have lots of photos stored there and worst of all is they've made a real pain to download your own photos in bulk.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

KidAgain wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:11 am Not casting stones here nothings free in life forever it was fun while it lasted but you want to continue showing off YOUR pictures you need to pay the piper simple as that........

It sucks almost half the pictures here are blurred.......................................................
I don´t think I have any hosted pictures - All mine are uploaded. I Just thought it was a shame that all these old threads from absent members apear less interesting without the pictures. This place is still a fantastic arcive of knowledge which facebook in its present form never can replace.
Gone fishing

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Bakauata wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm I personally use the forums uploader. I try not upload very large or pointless pics, since space is probably not unlimited, and the forum is paying for it, but I find it’s the easiest way.

As an alternative to photobucket, why not use Flickr? I’ve been using it for years and it’s always been free. I think it still is.
Google drive would probably work too.
Yes, the best advice is to use the forums native upload system for important images. That's the absolute best chance for them to remain working. We only have so much room which will be a bridge we'll eventually have to cross but for right at this moment, we're doing alright. We've been running an attachment modification for about a year now that automatically reduces the file size of images when they're uploaded. This is helping to prolong the inevitable about needing to pay extra monthly for a larger capacity hard drive on the server.

Another alternative for hosting images that should work well is Imgur.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

But letting the forum hosting all pictures in not free, someone has to pay that bill to. :wink:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

This is true but at least we're in control of them instead of relying on third parties. The monthly hosting bill will eventually increase as a result but it will regardless. Allowing attachments just reaches that point sooner.