New issue: Pics won't open in I.E.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

New issue: Pics won't open in I.E.

Post by Coelacanth »

For about a week now, something must've changed as pics that you click on in people's threads don't open in I.E. 11; it looks like they start to appear but the page just goes dim and nothing opens up. I've cleared cache and even tested on multiple computers and the issue still happens. It doesn't seem to happen in Google Chrome or other forums so I assume something changed with the coding here to cause this. I know a lot of people are moving to Microsoft's Edge browser that's built into Windows 10, but I still use I.E. 11 even in Win 10 because it just loads pages much faster than Edge or Chrome.

Try launching I.E., go to any thread where people have uploaded images to the forum, and click on one of the inline images to see the full-size pic; it looks like the pic is going to open as the window goes dim, as if the image were going to load in the forefront, but the image never actually loads and the page still stays dim.

It has only been doing this for about a week or so.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: New issue: Pics won't open in I.E.

Post by Lowgear »

Internet Explorer?! :shock: Well there's your problem. :P Nobody should be using any browsers that come preloaded with Windows no matter what the reason. Well besides to download something better, which is anything. :lol:

But seriously... I don't have IE11 on my computer to try and replicate the problem but I remembered I have an old laptop I thought might. I fired it up, and luckily it does. The pictures load just fine BUT I see what it's doing. When a picture loads, it snaps the page to the top. If you scroll back down, you should see that the picture is in fact open. This is obviously an issue caused by yet another mod we have implemented. Its purpose is to open attached images in a fancy modern way. I updated it to the latest version back on April 8th which is probably when it started happening. Obviously there's a bug in the new version that's causing this to happen. Looks like I'll have to see if anyone else has brought it up with the developer. If not, I'll have to let them know. Hopefully they can offer a fix.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

IE is a big bug in itself :mrgreen:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I agree with all the criticisms of I.E., trust me. But the fact remains, if you want a site to load quickly, I've found no browser opens quicker than I.E.

I.E. has a ton of issues with modern web code that cause it to crash, but this site always worked great in I.E. until recently. My primary browser is Chrome (I hate Edge with a passion) but I still like I.E. for some forums because of the loading speed.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'm still waiting for a response from the modifications developer. If I don't get an answer, I'll reinstall the previous version which should fix it.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Thanks, for this and all the rest you do. It's worth another donation. :)