RC10 Re Re Value 2021

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

RC10 Re Re Value 2021

Post by morrisey0 »

I have been kinda interested in a Re Re, but they just don't come around often, and I haven't been able valuate a kit that I am looking at. I know it is worth to me what I am willing to pay for it, but I am having a hard time finding comparables to see if I am way off.

All I can find on eBay (past and present) is new sealed kits, or new built never ran, and they realistically sell for $700-900.

So, IYO, where are they valued these days?

Sealed:
Opened new or built never run:
EC:
GC:
FC:

Thanks
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Re Re Value 2021

Post by GoMachV »

Best is to look at eBay ending prices. You can ask whatever you want, but that will show what everyone in the world at that moment was willing to pay. It’s a lot easier to price a new sealed kit. Once the seal is broke, everyone has a different idea of value. Build it, and the price is even more skewed. Add hop ups or electronics and the value could even go down. That said, we don’t give valuations in 10talk. It’s an early rule that is still in place. Your question is coming from a buying angle not a selling angle, but you still might find it hard to get an answer on this.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Okay, I won't push the matter, and this can be deleted if I am in the wrong. Sorry about that.

The sealed price is for completed auctions. There are current auctions asking a lot more. Never hurts to start high I guess.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The last kit I bought after they were discontinued- this would have been less than a year go- was $400. They have been trending much higher than that and I still consider it a score even though my other kit was only $220ish and bought when they first came out. If you are seeing one for under say $500 and your in the market I wouldn’t hesitate. Over that, it just depends on how much you want it. Just my opinion. I will say that if someone offered one for sale at $500 I would not be a buyer, and yet I wouldn’t sell mine for $700. I am a terrible flipper lol.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:41 pm I will say that if someone offered one for sale at $500 I would not be a buyer, and yet I wouldn’t sell mine for $700. I am a terrible flipper lol.
You're killing capitalism!!! :D

I hear what you are saying, and your experience is what I was looking for. You have confirmed that what I am looking at is a deal; I just need to finalize it. Which always seems to take more time than it should these days. :(

TrAxxxSRac3R

Post by TrAxxxSRac3R »

I'm right there with you... valuing a kit, but, not willing to part with it. A pretty clean TRX1 recently surfaced on E-bay, and I directly messaged the guy with a substantial offer right off the bat. He declined... saying he'd rather take his chances with the bidding process. It closed at a substantially lower price... sniped in the last 7 seconds of the auction out from under me :-(( Oh well... His loss. Funny though... I'd still not have sold it for twice what I offered him. LMAO... best of luck on the ReRe... they're a fantastic piece of kit!!

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:41 pm I will say that if someone offered one for sale at $500 I would not be a buyer, and yet I wouldn’t sell mine for $700.
I completely agree with this. :lol:
Something clever goes here...

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Finally got the seller to accept money, now just hope they actually send it! :? Dealing with FB marketplace people is a test of patience ..........................

I am well under the target $500 sales tag on this thing. Mostly built, never hit the floor. Body, driver, wing, decal sheet never touched. Tires still shiny. :D
Attachments
rc10 rere2.jpg
rc10 rere1.jpg

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

That's a great find. I have just started my search and It really seems that anything with a mint chassis is going to be the the 500+ range.

Crawlernerd

Post by Crawlernerd »

I just bought a new never opened kit on Ebay. Should arrive Mon Aug 9th. I got the cheapest one listed at the time and I paid $775. with tax and shipping almost $850. Which is crazy, but when I looked at my collection I realized I have several over a thousand so I pulled the trigger.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

So I find myself drawn to nib kits, but I kinda wonder why.

$800 can get an excellent condition worlds car or a complete and mint gold pan. Why spend 800 on a rerelease when you can get a mint example of a classic one for the same price?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Some people go for the rarity, and the rere classic production was the lowest production run of any, and I suspect the rere worlds was the second lowest. It just depends on what the collector is looking for.
Factory Works website

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GoMachV wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:14 pm Some people go for the rarity, and the rere classic production was the lowest production run of any, and I suspect the rere worlds was the second lowest. It just depends on what the collector is looking for.
I didn't realize that. Makes sense since the rc10 was an immensely popular bashing and racing platform that a short run re-release would be much smaller.

Worldsman
Approved Member

Post by Worldsman »

Hi,
This year in January, i got my RC10 CLASSIC after a long wait.
In 2014 the Classics were sold out in Germany very fast.
I paid 700 Euros.
It is new and unbuild in the Box.
700 Euro is very much money, but i think for such a special car not too much in case of its rarity and beauty. :D :P

Crawlernerd

Post by Crawlernerd »

So, I recently found another sealed classic kit on Ebay made an offer of $675 and he accepted. Should be here tomorrow. Now that I will have 2 I am definitely thinking I'm going to build one. Probably save whichever has the nicer box.