Turbo Optima 2019 re-release in “boring” box art colors

The place for all things re-release Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Turbo Optima 2019 re-release in “boring” box art colors

Post by XLR8 »

USAPaulo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:07 pm Hi! Fairly new to this forum and trawling re-re Turbo Optima threads ahead of building mine over Christmas. This is another fantastic example, I hope mine looks as good when I finally get around to it. I'm planning to do one box art body and another scheme (to be decided!) on a repro body I've bought as my TO is going to be regular runner.

Cheers, Paul

Thank you Paul and welcome to the forums. :D

The TO re-re was an absolute joy to build. Just watch the manual closely, especially the top shaft/slipper assembly. If you get it wrong, things could get in a bind.

Kyosho Turbo Optima slipper assembly.jpg

Anyway, during the build I also made a detailed cad model. ...no particular reason, I just like doing that.

Kyosho Turbo Optima 1.jpg
Doug

USAPaulo
Approved Member

Post by USAPaulo »

XLR8 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:18 pm
The TO re-re was an absolute joy to build. Just watch the manual closely, especially the top shaft/slipper assembly. If you get it wrong, things could get in a bind.
Awesome, thanks, I'll be on the lookout for that! Great 3D rendering BTW, that's lovely :shock:

Cheers, Paul

optimaforever
Approved Member

Post by optimaforever »

Very cool model!

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

optimaforever wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:27 am Very cool model!
Thanks.
I've probably mentioned this before. In addition to the TO, I've made cad models of Turbo Scorpion, Ultima, Turbo Ultima, Ultima Pro, Javelin, Optima Mid and Mid SE and all of my custom builds. I've started the TOMS body but it's proving a bit too difficult - it has very few lines to use as reference. I have the Outlaw Ultima chassis completed and have started work on the body which is an '89 Ford pickup - very boxy and simple.
I also have models of a few Tamiya's, Jeep JK, Blazer and Bronco trail trucks and of course, the RC10's and most recently, an RC12i.
Doug

optimaforever
Approved Member

Post by optimaforever »

XLR8 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:29 pm
optimaforever wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:27 am Very cool model!
Thanks.
I've probably mentioned this before. In addition to the TO, I've made cad models of Turbo Scorpion, Ultima, Turbo Ultima, Ultima Pro, Javelin, Optima Mid and Mid SE and all of my custom builds. I've started the TOMS body but it's proving a bit too difficult - it has very few lines to use as reference. I have the Outlaw Ultima chassis completed and have started work on the body which is an '89 Ford pickup - very boxy and simple.
I also have models of a few Tamiya's, Jeep JK, Blazer and Bronco trail trucks and of course, the RC10's and most recently, an RC12i.
Impressive amount of work! I have mainly focused on the optima, but recently I modeled the ultima too. Must find the courage to do the first gen (taking pics of the body with my 70-200+TC1.7 is a pita so recently I use my phone... lazy me)

USAPaulo
Approved Member

Post by USAPaulo »

There seems to be plenty of re re Ultima kits around at the moment and with the uncertainty over when the TO's will be available I may well end up ordering one just to have something to build over Christmas! If the TO turns up then I just get double the fun...! Maybe I need to wait until the beer has worn off...there's a very real chance I could place an Ultima order in the next 10 minutes if I don't :shock:

Paul

RIrc10

Post by RIrc10 »

Great looking build. I just got my first rc10 after 30 plus years of wanting one now I’m thinking about something 4 wheel drive and this is on my list