TRX1 project with DA Graphite Iridium chassis

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing

TRX1 project with DA Graphite Iridium chassis

Post by JK Racing »

A while back, I bought a large lot of cars, mixed in was a 10T with a 'sparkly' chassis. Dug around and found it was a company in the 90s that did this glitter infused graphite parts. DA Graphite. Logged it away in my brain and went on building, racing, selling some of my RCs. Ran across an opportunity to pick up a TRX1 and started hoarding cars and parts to build up a super clean car. A good chassis alluded me for quite a while. I was looking over my parts stacks and saw the 10T chassis, so I did a search, low and behold, DA Graphite still has a website. So I contacted them about the 10T chassis, they still have some New Old Stock on the sparkly stuff. After quite a few measurements of a stock chassis, talking with a few different people on getting it machined/cut properly, I went about opening up the pocket book and bought a chassis blank and a small sheet to do the towers with. Got the stuff and was amazed. Great quality and super cool factor. Sent the material away and started going over and through all my TRX parts to sort our the best. Missing a few items here and they, I kept buying parts and cars to get what I wanted. After quite a while, I finally had all the parts and cleaned up all the whites the best way I could (hot water/dawn soap, then warm simple green finally a quick 1/2 day bath in peroxide to white it just a touch). DA Graphite let me know the name of the product is "Iridium" graphite. Cleaned up some Losi front rib tires and Jammin rear step pins to wrap onto the stock wheels.

So I present - the Iridium chassis TRX1, with Iridium towers as well. DA did not make one for this car, so this could well be the only one in existance :)
Attachments
DSC_0487.JPG
DSC_0486.JPG
DSC_0485.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG
DSC_0483.JPG
DSC_0480.JPG
DSC_0479.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0476.JPG
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

TRX-1-3

Re: TRX1 project with DA Graphite Iridium chassis

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Talk about rare. Unless I see two side by side, I will go with: This is the only one in existence. A hen with a grille, large hairy feet, AND a unicorn horn. I would wear this one around my neck at work. Great build!! Schwing factor of 10.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Wheres the standing ovation gif when you need it?!

Beautiful build. 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I knew I took a picture of the chassis & parts before assembly.

Thanks Guys - truly anticlimactic for me, had it so long, its like, okay...whats next??
Attachments
38518095_2153168978229546_6852386902180364288_n.jpg
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

she's sweet Joey!!

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Nice build 8)
Gone fishing

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

That's a very pretty build !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

stock trx-1's are sexy. modded trx-1's are sexier. this trx-1 is the sexiest.

and that blue protection layer on TBG's lexan is spot-on :mrgreen:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Nick

Post by Nick »

I ran a TRX-1 for a lot of years locally, far past it's prime and it was still highly competitive. This is dead sexy, very cool build!!

DAGraphite

Post by DAGraphite »

JK Racing wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm A while back, I bought a large lot of cars, mixed in was a 10T with a 'sparkly' chassis. Dug around and found it was a company in the 90s that did this glitter infused graphite parts. DA Graphite. Logged it away in my brain and went on building, racing, selling some of my RCs. Ran across an opportunity to pick up a TRX1 and started hoarding cars and parts to build up a super clean car. A good chassis alluded me for quite a while. I was looking over my parts stacks and saw the 10T chassis, so I did a search, low and behold, DA Graphite still has a website. So I contacted them about the 10T chassis, they still have some New Old Stock on the sparkly stuff. After quite a few measurements of a stock chassis, talking with a few different people on getting it machined/cut properly, I went about opening up the pocket book and bought a chassis blank and a small sheet to do the towers with. Got the stuff and was amazed. Great quality and super cool factor. Sent the material away and started going over and through all my TRX parts to sort our the best. Missing a few items here and they, I kept buying parts and cars to get what I wanted. After quite a while, I finally had all the parts and cleaned up all the whites the best way I could (hot water/dawn soap, then warm simple green finally a quick 1/2 day bath in peroxide to white it just a touch). DA Graphite let me know the name of the product is "Iridium" graphite. Cleaned up some Losi front rib tires and Jammin rear step pins to wrap onto the stock wheels.

So I present - the Iridium chassis TRX1, with Iridium towers as well. DA did not make one for this car, so this could well be the only one in existance :)
We are still around. We don’t do custom jobs anymore though. Out stuff is as strong as it gets though not like the materials that come out of China. We have standard panels that are top notch. If you are interested I can direct you to the store.

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

Phenomenal 8)
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

DAGraphite wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:55 am We are still around. We don’t do custom jobs anymore though. Out stuff is as strong as it gets though not like the materials that come out of China. We have standard panels that are top notch. If you are interested I can direct you to the store.
Great to see you on the board. I loved the Iridium graphite. Sadly, I let the car go to another collector, as it wasnt even being admired, but was sitting in a box. I may reach out to you again and grab a blank or two, not with kick up this time, just flat sheets. I always have a few projects in mind.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I would love to build a TRX1 with this material. I've been keeping my eyes out for a chassis for a few years. If anyone is wanting to put in an order or something, please count me in.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Pictures just don't do that iridium material justice...
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

DAGraphite wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:55 am
JK Racing wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm A while back, I bought a large lot of cars, mixed in was a 10T with a 'sparkly' chassis. Dug around and found it was a company in the 90s that did this glitter infused graphite parts. DA Graphite. Logged it away in my brain and went on building, racing, selling some of my RCs. Ran across an opportunity to pick up a TRX1 and started hoarding cars and parts to build up a super clean car. A good chassis alluded me for quite a while. I was looking over my parts stacks and saw the 10T chassis, so I did a search, low and behold, DA Graphite still has a website. So I contacted them about the 10T chassis, they still have some New Old Stock on the sparkly stuff. After quite a few measurements of a stock chassis, talking with a few different people on getting it machined/cut properly, I went about opening up the pocket book and bought a chassis blank and a small sheet to do the towers with. Got the stuff and was amazed. Great quality and super cool factor. Sent the material away and started going over and through all my TRX parts to sort our the best. Missing a few items here and they, I kept buying parts and cars to get what I wanted. After quite a while, I finally had all the parts and cleaned up all the whites the best way I could (hot water/dawn soap, then warm simple green finally a quick 1/2 day bath in peroxide to white it just a touch). DA Graphite let me know the name of the product is "Iridium" graphite. Cleaned up some Losi front rib tires and Jammin rear step pins to wrap onto the stock wheels.

We are still around. We don’t do custom jobs anymore though. Out stuff is as strong as it gets though not like the materials that come out of China. We have standard panels that are top notch. If you are interested I can direct you to the store.
Do you have a TQ10 chassis?
Tap pic for clarity: Derek