Hello from SoCal

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SoulKage

Hello from SoCal

Post by SoulKage »

Hey all, just posting my first message. I'm getting back into the hobby after 25 years. I'm not interested in vintage RC stuff but I have an old RC truck (JrXT ?) that still runs and I was going to throw out, but then thought maybe someone would want it. Sadly I can't post details in the buy/sell forum until I make 30+ posts. I find my position very awkward having to post on a forum I have no interest in, but those are the rules.

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Re: Hello from SoCal

Post by BattleTrak »

Welcome! You could also make a donation to the site and have instant access to the B/S/T section for the month.
-Brad

SoulKage

Post by SoulKage »

I did not know that! Thanks!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

BattleTrak wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:01 am Welcome! You could also make a donation to the site and have instant access to the B/S/T section for the month.
Post by scr8p » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:39 pm
It's very simple. Make over 30 meaningful posts, and you will automatically be granted access. DO NOT attempt to pad your post count to gain quick entry. We also require that you place your location (At minimum, your country.) in your profile so that it appears under your screen name. If we see you using the B/S/T section without your location listed, you will be asked to add it. If you don't, you will lose your access.

These are the rules we have put in place to help protect our members. When you gain B/S/T access, you're on your own. Just remember to use your head, like with any other online transaction.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

SoulKage wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:34 am Hey all, just posting my first message. I'm getting back into the hobby after 25 years. I'm not interested in vintage RC stuff but I have an old RC truck (JrXT ?) that still runs and I was going to throw out, but then thought maybe someone would want it. Sadly I can't post details in the buy/sell forum until I make 30+ posts. I find my position very awkward having to post on a forum I have no interest in, but those are the rules.
Not to be rude but I’ll say it like it is- you are the type of person we try to keep out of the bst area. Not because you are a bad person or will be a bad seller, but because this forum is here for users to share and enjoy being around others. It’s a place where we have years and years of stored documents and advice. If the only reason you are here is to avoid paying eBay fees, you should know that it’s not worth the making 30 posts just to get in. There is very little activity in the bst area and people here don’t tend to pay the inflated eBay pricing. Again, it’s hard to say without being harsh but the rule is sort of in place just for this exact scenario.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

In fairness to the original poster I can see where he's coming from, and took the time to sign up and make a post about something he has no interest in, and even presumably offer it up here first. Whether he just wants it to go to a good home or trying to capitalise is up to him and mods to discuss in my opinion, but I'm sure many here have already contacted him so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already gone.

My two cents....
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

RC10th wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:37 pm In fairness to the original poster I can see where he's coming from, and took the time to sign up and make a post about something he has no interest in, and even presumably offer it up here first. Whether he just wants it to go to a good home or trying to capitalise is up to him and mods to discuss in my opinion, but I'm sure many here have already contacted him so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already gone.
My two cents....
I have to agree...I am not a collector, I have my race truck, the RPM catalog truck, and Daryl Lane's personal A&L truck that will never be sold and I have no interest in adding a third...but in addition, I have a ton of misc on road and old off road parts and pieces that I want to go to someone at least as interested as I was back in the day...so once I reach the magic 30 posts it will be fair game...lol

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Well congratulations, that made 30.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:49 pm Well congratulations, that made 30.
Yeah, I looked after I posted...oh the irony...LOL

SoulKage

Post by SoulKage »

GoMachV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:32 pm
SoulKage wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:34 am Hey all, just posting my first message. I'm getting back into the hobby after 25 years. I'm not interested in vintage RC stuff but I have an old RC truck (JrXT ?) that still runs and I was going to throw out, but then thought maybe someone would want it. Sadly I can't post details in the buy/sell forum until I make 30+ posts. I find my position very awkward having to post on a forum I have no interest in, but those are the rules.
Not to be rude but I’ll say it like it is- you are the type of person we try to keep out of the bst area. Not because you are a bad person or will be a bad seller, but because this forum is here for users to share and enjoy being around others. It’s a place where we have years and years of stored documents and advice. If the only reason you are here is to avoid paying eBay fees, you should know that it’s not worth the making 30 posts just to get in. There is very little activity in the bst area and people here don’t tend to pay the inflated eBay pricing. Again, it’s hard to say without being harsh but the rule is sort of in place just for this exact scenario.
Thanks for your point of view. I'm not here to avoid ebay fees, I don't even have an ebay account. I just wanted to get my old vintage RC into the hands of someone who loves it rather than the landfill. I've bought a new RC10B6.4 and will be getting back into the hobby, just not the vintage stuff. If I'm not welcome here I can just junk the RC.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Oh you're definitely welcome here, but if you're junking anything most of us have "collection bins" that we'd happily volunteer to be the receptacles. You're even welcome to post about your modern stuff in the correct area of the forum.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Welcome - fellow SoCal member here - vintage is a riot at the track, I still toss my vintage out against the modern guys just to have a blast. We have some small groups who have vintage only battles as well, before tossing it away, ask around, take a look, have some fun with it, then pass it along if it still isnt your cup o tea.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com