RC12LW back on the track?

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

folkdeath95
Approved Member

Re: RC12LW back on the track?

Post by folkdeath95 »

Thanks. My wife told me she has a friend who have a machine like this and showed me what she did with thick paper. It could be a good idea if it’s possible to work with masking tape.

The cobra stickers come from this toy:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

if you can cut it on paper from a scan then it could be applied with latex if your careful , then it could easily be peeled .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

One of the Cricut material options is supposed to be lighter adhesive removable vinyl. I think that coould be better than masking tape. Flat sheets of Lexan can me ordered on Amazon. Getting one to experiment with could be worthwhile.

I remember that boat but I didn't remember it having those stickers on it. Thanks for digging that up.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

TravelinTravis
Approved Member

Post by TravelinTravis »

folkdeath95 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:30 am This morning, my RC12LW made its first ride on carpet, almost 30 years after I bought it. 8)
It was so great. First try was a failure, it was like doing ice-skating, but then, a club mate put tire additive on all wheels and everything went OK.
rc12-7-mini.JPG
RC12-8-mini.JPG
Awesome!!! Sounds like a good group at that track too! Where in France is this track? I'm looking for a place to run my old 1/10th and possibly some 1/12th pan cars and live in the south of France right now.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:01 am One of the Cricut material options is supposed to be lighter adhesive removable vinyl. I think that coould be better than masking tape. Flat sheets of Lexan can me ordered on Amazon. Getting one to experiment with could be worthwhile.
The matte removable vinyl seems to be a great masking material, but I haven't actually gotten around to painting on it, so I can't comment on leakage. Hopefully in a week or so I will have experience. The attached looks a bit sloppy, but remember what is vinyl is masking, so it doesn't need to be cut straight. It is the black lines that are important.
Attachments
GH MASKING 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

folkdeath95
Approved Member

Post by folkdeath95 »

Thanks everybody. 8) It seems that several options are possible.
Dadio wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:46 am if you can cut it on paper from a scan then it could be applied with latex if your careful , then it could easily be peeled .
Do you have a link to show me the latex you're talking about? :wink:
Frankentruck wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:01 am One of the Cricut material options is supposed to be lighter adhesive removable vinyl. I think that coould be better than masking tape. Flat sheets of Lexan can me ordered on Amazon. Getting one to experiment with could be worthwhile.
Great! I definitely have to talk with my wife's friend to see what's possible with her machine.
morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:39 am
The matte removable vinyl seems to be a great masking material, but I haven't actually gotten around to painting on it, so I can't comment on leakage. Hopefully in a week or so I will have experience. The attached looks a bit sloppy, but remember what is vinyl is masking, so it doesn't need to be cut straight. It is the black lines that are important.
I'll follow your work to see how it goes. 8)

folkdeath95
Approved Member

Post by folkdeath95 »

TravelinTravis wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:26 am
folkdeath95 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:30 am This morning, my RC12LW made its first ride on carpet, almost 30 years after I bought it. 8)
It was so great. First try was a failure, it was like doing ice-skating, but then, a club mate put tire additive on all wheels and everything went OK.
rc12-7-mini.JPG
RC12-8-mini.JPG
Awesome!!! Sounds like a good group at that track too! Where in France is this track? I'm looking for a place to run my old 1/10th and possibly some 1/12th pan cars and live in the south of France right now.
This is not a permanent track. It's simply made with some rolls of office carpet in a sport hall on sunday morning every two weeks, near Brest. I'm afraid it's a little bit far from south side.
If you haven't done it yet, maybe you could look for the clubs near from your home on the FFVRC website and ask if they have a track for pan-cars. :wink:

TravelinTravis
Approved Member

Post by TravelinTravis »

folkdeath95 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:17 pm
TravelinTravis wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:26 am
rc12-7-mini.JPG
RC12-8-mini.JPG
This is not a permanent track. It's simply made with some rolls of office carpet in a sport hall on sunday morning every two weeks, near Brest. I'm afraid it's a little bit far from south side.
If you haven't done it yet, maybe you could look for the clubs near from your home on the FFVRC website and ask if they have a track for pan-cars. :wink:
Breizh! Yes!!!! I lived in Brest for 7 years and still travel there once a week a month for work. It is to me...my true home in France! Which halles is the track? St. Louis? Would love to see the action sometime! PM me if you get the chance.....will do the same......raising a glass at FiloBar would be nice...first round is on me!

midse
Approved Member

Post by midse »

folkdeath95 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:20 pm On this picture, you can see that the shaft end of the schock is not straight.
pb amorto.jpg

At first, I thought I made a mistake when assembling the car back in the days. But I watched closely this afternoon and discover that my shaft end seems to have a problem: the hole for the set screw is too deep and continue in the other side of the shaft end. So, when I tighten the set screw, the shaft tumble in the small cavity created by the hole.
Did anybody else have this problem.
I suppose it is not too important concerning shock operation, so I'm not sure if I'll try to fix thsi (how?) or just let as this...
Yeah - I had a NiB kit and the hole wasn't deep enough. Just drilled and extra 1.5mm

midse
Approved Member

Post by midse »

folkdeath95 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:20 pm On this picture, you can see that the shaft end of the schock is not straight.
pb amorto.jpg

At first, I thought I made a mistake when assembling the car back in the days. But I watched closely this afternoon and discover that my shaft end seems to have a problem: the hole for the set screw is too deep and continue in the other side of the shaft end. So, when I tighten the set screw, the shaft tumble in the small cavity created by the hole.
Did anybody else have this problem.
I suppose it is not too important concerning shock operation, so I'm not sure if I'll try to fix thsi (how?) or just let as this...
Yeah - I had a NiB kit and the hole wasn't deep enough. Just drilled and extra 1.5mm