Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Lowgear »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:54 am That it takes Amazon 10 days to refund my money, after my package has been lost for 10 days. Yet, it only took them 30 seconds to charge my card.
I had to initiate a refund today on a 2 day Prime order that never showed up after 8 days. It was lost in transit until I cancelled, then they magically knew exactly where it was. :roll: The time frame for my refund is 3-5 days. They should have the option of receiving a credit instead that would be instant as I just have to reorder now anyway.

Also, my packages don't show up until 5-9pm which really sucks, and is due to a lack of drivers from what I've been told. They make one poor delivery person do an area that should have three.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So, this guy has had my money for a week, and refuses to ship or provide tracking number because of numerous excuses. So, I get PayPal involved (paid via CC through PP goods or services), and they want me to sit on this for three weeks??? WTF kind of protection is that??? Why TF should this take three weeks?? :x He should have to provide a tracking number within 48 hours of this notice or my money is refunded!!! I am the only one that has been active on this deal so far, by putting my money out there, and he is getting the benefit of the doubt!?!?!? :x
Attachments
SCAMMER 1-13-23.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Chicago (inner city) driving. The mass quantities of stupid in the place is mind-blowing.
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:01 pm So, this guy has had my money for a week, and refuses to ship or provide tracking number because of numerous excuses. So, I get PayPal involved (paid via CC through PP goods or services), and they want me to sit on this for three weeks??? WTF kind of protection is that??? Why TF should this take three weeks?? :x He should have to provide a tracking number within 48 hours of this notice or my money is refunded!!! I am the only one that has been active on this deal so far, by putting my money out there, and he is getting the benefit of the doubt!?!?!? :x
The irony is that if you wait too long, like 3 weeks, to get PayPal involved because you're trying to work things out, you run the risk of PayPal saying you waited too long and no longer have buyer protection.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:27 pm
morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:01 pm So, this guy has had my money for a week, and refuses to ship or provide tracking number because of numerous excuses. So, I get PayPal involved (paid via CC through PP goods or services), and they want me to sit on this for three weeks??? WTF kind of protection is that??? Why TF should this take three weeks?? :x He should have to provide a tracking number within 48 hours of this notice or my money is refunded!!! I am the only one that has been active on this deal so far, by putting my money out there, and he is getting the benefit of the doubt!?!?!? :x
The irony is that if you wait too long, like 3 weeks, to get PayPal involved because you're trying to work things out, you run the risk of PayPal saying you waited too long and no longer have buyer protection.
I've seen this exact same tactic with certain sellers on a now overpriced EBay market offering products with big name brands that are purposely slightly misspelled. Once you receive the item and realize its a cheap clone and want to return it, they'll use every tactic to stall the process. Even requesting that you send them a video of the item so they can determine if its defective or not. They pile on the excuses even want you to take it to a local hobby shop and have them look at it. Their goal is to make it past 30 days with all the back and forth so they are not obligated to process your refund. Pretty shady 5hit!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

R6cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:24 pm Chicago (inner city) driving. The mass quantities of stupid in the place is mind-blowing.
It ain't just Chicago. It would seem that no place is without it's fair share of idiots. :roll:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

When people start blowing up my phone while I'm in the store, causing me to forget half the stuff I came for.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Hopefully Ebay's announced layoffs includes whoever has been "improving" the site's search engine:
ebaysrch1.jpg
...but if you add quotes:
ebaysrch2.jpg

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Got a new one that's been festering for a couple weeks.

boujie

Not sure why this word popped up but I'm seeing and hearing it everywhere. Not even sure why I hate it, but it's a word that just annoys me somehow (like "moist" :lol: )
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:24 am Got a new one that's been festering for a couple weeks.

boujie

Not sure why this word popped up but I'm seeing and hearing it everywhere. Not even sure why I hate it, but it's a word that just annoys me somehow (like "moist" :lol: )
I normally hear it from people of certain communities and those who hangout with them.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Those Factory Works Parts are pretty Boujie :P

I started hearing the term several years ago while I was in the South East.
Even saw it on a License Plate :shock:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Maybe we are just late to hear it in potato land. Just seemed odd that I hear it 3 or 4 times a day now 😆
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

RC10resto wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:29 pm I started hearing the term several years ago while I was in the South East.
Even saw it on a License Plate :shock:
GoMachV wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:49 pm Maybe we are just late to hear it in potato land. Just seemed odd that I hear it 3 or 4 times a day now 😆
Well, I live in the South East. And as I said, I normally hear it from certain groups. If you know anything about the population of the SE states, you will understand.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:24 am Got a new one that's been festering for a couple weeks.

boujie

Funny... My 18 yr old stepdaughter cannot stand the word moist. She literally cringes when she hears it.

And I'm with ya on the boujie term.
-Jerry-

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

R6cowboy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:58 pm Funny... My 18 yr old stepdaughter cannot stand the word moist. She literally cringes when she hears it.
I think it's best for all concerned not to discuss 'moist' with your step-daughter...
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!