The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RogueIV

Re: The ultimate Mini JRX2 thread

Post by RogueIV »

The side guards cut from a old mini JRX2 body
IMG_20230410_194504160.jpg
IMG_20230410_194540732.jpg
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

I decided to scale down and adjust the offset of the wheel design I originally made for my XXX-NT electric conversion for the Mini JRXT
IMG_20230410_233405786.jpg
These are the stock size I have a model made to properly fit these tires as well but haven't printed it yet.

Also have one to fit standard front 2.2 buggy tires as well but not sure how goofy that'll look. I need to get ahold a pair of LC Racing BHC-1 wheels to get measurements as those would be a pretty good size tire to use.

This a frustrating size truck to get tires for.

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

I ordered the second they made availability known.
Screenshot_20230414-201921_Photos.jpg

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

mikesofunny wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:21 pm I ordered the second they made availability known.
Like calling in to a radio contest bitd. Assuming they went in order, 23 people beat you to it immediately after....... :lol:
Hope you're doin' something fun.

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:16 am
mikesofunny wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:21 pm I ordered the second they made availability known.
Like calling in to a radio contest bitd. Assuming they went in order, 23 people beat you to it immediately after....... :lol:
Probably! I ordered 2 so I could keep one sealed. The other is 194.

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

Just got a second mini JRXT. My LHS got this one in a few days ago and I always try to give them business when possible. So now I have #3350 & #3835.

-Brad

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

So a few updates on my madness with these minis. I decided to finally take apart the 2nd JRXT and make it into a mod version.

Moved the battery hold down 44mm forward and fitted a larger battery that was out of my Rlaarlo AM-X12. This actually looks more scale.
IMG_20230415_001826830.jpg
IMG_20230415_005508184.jpg
Tossed in my old Mamba 25 setup. Might change it later but I feel this chassis is stable enough to handle it. Also went though the front end as per usual and got rid of the slop. Rebuilt the transmission, replaced the motor plate with a non serialized JRX2 one. Diff grease I'm using a new type of grease that I've found and it's been working well on my other minis. Using some Nye Nyogel 767A which is a motion control grease but seems to work well in these little gear diffs. I also drilled and tapped another screw to the rear of the motor plate to hopefully decrease the chance of it getting bent to the side if it takes a hit.

I printed out the 1/7" version of my wheels so I can run JC Double Dees if I run on dirt.
IMG_20230413_094807889.jpg
IMG_20230413_094915865.jpg
But also I decided to try something a bit different. LC Racing came out with a 1/14 scale buggy, the BHC-1. It's tires are roughly the same outside diameter and width of the Mini JRXT tires and are of a firmer compound and more suited to carpet. There are basically wider Touring car wheels with mini spike tires. These are also the same size and wheel many other chinese mini buggies use, like the WLToys and Rlaarlo. could be a good source of cheap tires rather than eating up the cool Losi step pins which seem to be on backorder everywhere.

Rather than making new wheels to fit these tires which would require me debead them, I took a different approach. The JRXT has very little backspacing of about 4mm, normal hex adapters are out of the question for modern wheels.
So I made adapters to reverse mount them, keeping the backspacing close to stock.
341200261_543675494593025_2020687347044008752_n.jpg
IMG_20230415_232217044.jpg
IMG_20230416_151505310.jpg
It's a 2 piece hub. I use this bare hub as a drill guide to drill 3 holes into the wheel for the 3x m2.5 screws to go through the back plate into the front plate's 3 captured nuts. I decided to make the front plate with a face similar to my other wheel design. The result is pretty cool, and might look better if I paint it.
IMG_20230416_160138262.jpg
IMG_20230416_155529769.jpg
I also have a set for fronts but I need to fix some printing calibration issues as it was printing the bearing areas oval.

I'll try to swing by the track to give the rears a test and maybe even the Doublee Dees setup too since they've made a small dirt course out behind the big track at my LHS.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Test Day!

Truck side: I ended up ditching the Mamba 25 system and bought a Spektrum 2in1. The mamba had the same cogging issues as before, I thought it would be tolerable with this bigger truck but nah. Spektrum system works well though.

Wheels/tires:
Went well. The LC Jetgo rears grip well on the grey carpet and there wasn't any issue with the adapters other than I need to make the hole the nut goes down into a bit larger some the drivers don't rub on the wheel when I go to tighten or loosen the wheel nuts. I'm debating on making the decorative part seperate to improve printing. The stuck fronts grip almost too well though and can get a bit tippy on tight corners. Definitely have to run glue on the sidewalls.

Also found out that LC has another tire that looks a lot like a JC Swagger in the same size so I'll be trying those out front, sadly they aren't wedged like the Swagger but I'll see how they do.
IMG_20230427_203902526.jpg
Couldn't try it on the Turf track as it was too wet. I did, however, try the Double Dees with my conversion wheel on some flat dirt. Super fun! Traction was great was able to even pull wheelies. I didn't really get to take it off any dirt jumps though as there was too much water around them and the one jump that wasn't is made to send Bashers into the stratosphere which I don't really want to subject this too. So far it seems pretty successful. I do thing I'll add more and ticker webbing on the wheels though to keep the wheels from deforming.

Truck looks proper.
IMG_20230427_190714428_HDR.jpg
Now I have to clean this.

mikesofunny
Approved Member

Post by mikesofunny »

RogueIV wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:18 pm Truck looks proper.

Love the wheels! They're reminiscent of the old Pro-Line LXT wheels. Classic styling.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

mikesofunny wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:17 am
RogueIV wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:18 pm Truck looks proper.

Love the wheels! They're reminiscent of the old Pro-Line LXT wheels. Classic styling.
That's what I was going for. I have an RC10T with those style wheels and really liked them so they're based on that design.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

uh oh, how did I get here again?

I burnt myself out there pretty good beating myself up trying to figure out a transmission for my mini rc10. i have seen the new jrxt but lack the funds for one, i have been checking on chassis availability nearly every other day and once I can get a couple I plan to verify my molded chassis models. I also have my truck wheel models in limbo until I can get some mini jrxt tires :)

I have seen some exciting things reviewing this thread and love the fact my retro trans has been raced lol Good job Rogue! Also nice Logo wheels, I need to print some of those out for my mini pro and se :mrgreen: ...of course that means i need to buy two more sets of tires... and three sets of truck tires.. alms for the poor?

edit: darnit how am I supposed to pay off my card when I randomly buy things like a mini jrxt grr lol I guess it will save money in the long run, tires alone would almost cost me 50 bucks...
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

RogueIV wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 am Starting working on assembling the mini LXT. Going to need to rework the front and rear hubs as there isn't enough meat on them to be durable at the ball stud holes. But its coming out pretty good. I have an idea for the rear axles, hopfully the lhs has some of the parts i need. Also seems that the wheels i had printed don't have the proper bearing hole size and there's still the whole getting a usably body at well. But hey, its a project for a reason! Thanks CLM

I have a thought on the rear drivelines, take two sets of sliders mount them to the wheel side and the trans side, cut the splined section off the inner driveline part and ca a thin o ring around the middle of splined section and slide it between the sliders. you can make a driveline nearly twice as long as stock with no loss in strength. you can trim one or both sliders down to shorten them to desired length. I did this on a crawler once worked great. you could even glue the splined section in the slider on one side if you dont like it floating.

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

clm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:14 am
RogueIV wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 am Starting working on assembling the mini LXT. Going to need to rework the front and rear hubs as there isn't enough meat on them to be durable at the ball stud holes. But its coming out pretty good. I have an idea for the rear axles, hopfully the lhs has some of the parts i need. Also seems that the wheels i had printed don't have the proper bearing hole size and there's still the whole getting a usably body at well. But hey, its a project for a reason! Thanks CLM

I have a thought on the rear drivelines, take two sets of sliders mount them to the wheel side and the trans side, cut the splined section off the inner driveline part and ca a thin o ring around the middle of splined section and slide it between the sliders. you can make a driveline nearly twice as long as stock with no loss in strength. you can trim one or both sliders down to shorten them to desired length. I did this on a crawler once worked great. you could even glue the splined section in the slider on one side if you dont like it floating.

Chris
Similar idea to what I had. Haven't actually gone about cutting stuff up yet as I got distracted by racing.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

So finally got around to posting up one of my projects, wheel adapters to put the more plentiful and easier to find LC Racing wheels onto the Mini JRXT.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/losi-mini-jrxt-wheel-adapters-for-lc-racing-mini-buggy-wheels

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

2157 just arrived, time to get to work. lol

I am amazed I got so close on the dimensions, the chassis is almost perfectly right right length but the flat sides are a bit longer that what I ended up with. This could be my error or it could be the designers that shrunk the design for the mini jrxt adjusted the original shape for their needs.
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T