Dual ESC help.

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Re: Dual ESC help.

Post by MarkyDents »

I’m totally with you on why having the two motors is way cool compared to one. I’ve got a huge soft spot for the original Emaxx in all its glory.
I really don’t think you need to be concerned with the imbalance of the wheels and tires as much as their weight and height. You’re going to definitely have to gear way down for them. You’re definitely right about them being loaded on the ground driving compared to them flopping around like wet pancakes in the air unloaded.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

Looks like you’re pretty darn good with working with aluminum stock. I do have an idea for you that stems from converting nitro savages to electric from way back when.
Here’s a 1/8 Savage SS I converted in 14’ with a brushed system from the TRX Summit. It’s a large 775 can motor. Gobs of torque and that’s what I wanted for this particular build.
7CFF2BA8-CA0B-49A4-A220-E957363220CC.jpeg
You were able to purchase a motor mount that bolted down exactly as the nitro engine did from Kershaw Designs at the time. I believe they are long gone now. My point is though, if you will be running one motor you can mount it low between the TVP plates behind the trans.
14473F2A-56FC-47F0-A5B9-F255ACF51C26.jpeg
As for running 4s that’s exactly what this ran as well. You can run two 2s packs instead mounted in the original battery holders for that chassis on the outside of the TVPs.
3A687CFD-1944-44B0-B221-2D73AE17B8C5.jpeg
All just some food for thought though. It’s your build and it’s pretty sweet.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

I considered one large brushless setup but chose doubles to save on fabricating a whole new motor mount setup as the can size would’ve required the motor to be reverse mounted like yours. Besides an angle grinder, drill, and some files I really don’t have many fabrication tools to be making custom mounts. I have a couple flat battery plates that will be bolted onto the sides of the chassis. And I’m going to make some cutting board trays for the ESC’s. I’ll just offset the battery to the opposite side of the motor and have a second tray to run a second battery for longer run times. More than likely this whole car will be scrapped as soon as I start breaking gearbox gears or bevel gears. Or maybe it will just get some on road tires smaller shocks and turn it into a road car of sorts.

Here’s a better look a chassis side. Nothing fancy just a quick cutout with an angle grinder. Oh how nice it would be to have a cnc router table or cnc plasma cutter. Or even skills and access to a computer to send a file to those “send cut send” places.
1EDF2B3A-B043-4F1B-946D-87297DD3B0F2.jpeg