Appreciate my time here

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

Appreciate my time here

Post by Steve71 »

I kind'a hate to say it, but I prob won't be around as much as I have been over the past couple years since I joined this site. I've recently decided to get out of the hobby. I've done it a few times over the past 40 yrs lol but this time, I'm out for the most part. I say "most part" because I have my custom 1/5 Monster Truck I built....I did list it recently for sale, but with over $4k invested and over 500 hrs of labor custom fabing every piece on that truck, I'm sure I wont sell it for what I am asking , and thats fine. So I'll prob never be fully "out of the hobby" :D

But with that said, over the past 3 months I already sold 5 of my 7 rc's. So I'm kind'a out.

As I said I'll prob still have my big 1/5 so will never be fully out, and will still post vids of that big truck here from time to time I'm sure.
But I just wanted to take a min and say ....I've really enjoyed this site. While I was always a monster truck RC guy, and not a Vintage Rc guy....everyone here always made me feel right at home. This is a great site, and all you guys hyere are good people and make for a really nice place to hang out no matter what type of rc you have.

So just wanted to say, thanks guys. I'm not gone for good by any means, you'll still see some vids of my 1/5 few times a year, but other than that, I'm not into the hobby/around like I have been.

So just wanted to say thanks guy! You're all the best.

Steve

GoMachV

Re: Appreciate my time here

Post by GoMachV »

always enjoyed seeing your projects. Even if you are out of the hobby, please feel free to come back once in a while and just say hi. See whats new. We will keep the light on for ya when you are ready to come back :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Steve71 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:47 am I kind'a hate to say it, but I prob won't be around as much as I have been over the past couple years since I joined this site. I've recently decided to get out of the hobby. I've done it a few times over the past 40 yrs lol but this time, I'm out for the most part. I say "most part" because I have my custom 1/5 Monster Truck I built....I did list it recently for sale, but with over $4k invested and over 500 hrs of labor custom fabing every piece on that truck, I'm sure I wont sell it for what I am asking , and thats fine. So I'll prob never be fully "out of the hobby" :D

But with that said, over the past 3 months I already sold 5 of my 7 rc's. So I'm kind'a out.

As I said I'll prob still have my big 1/5 so will never be fully out, and will still post vids of that big truck here from time to time I'm sure.
But I just wanted to take a min and say ....I've really enjoyed this site. While I was always a monster truck RC guy, and not a Vintage Rc guy....everyone here always made me feel right at home. This is a great site, and all you guys hyere are good people and make for a really nice place to hang out no matter what type of rc you have.

So just wanted to say, thanks guys. I'm not gone for good by any means, you'll still see some vids of my 1/5 few times a year, but other than that, I'm not into the hobby/around like I have been.

So just wanted to say thanks guy! You're all the best.

Steve
Your builds and threads were amazing to see. It's a hobby so it'd fine to drift in an out.

See You Space Samurai

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Interests ebb and flow so you'll always be welcome , your builds are inspirational to me and many more , some other hobby community is bound to benefit from your creativity real soon I'm sure .
Take care Steve
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

You can still hang out with us from time to time even if it's not RC related.

Many of us aren't on Facebook so it would still be cool to see some of your artistic adventures, room remodels, gun updates , rod builds or fishing trips etc in off topic......

Don't be a stranger.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Exactly. This might be vintage rc but really it's a community of like minded folks with varying interests. Definitely check in for time to time.

Hell, I don't actually remember the last time I actually started a post, it's been that long that I've had something new to share.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

You can still stop in a vote for BOTM each month!...Plusxyou are already entered for BOTY in Dec
Tap pic for clarity: Derek