The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by JK Racing »

A&L lethal weapon tran, RPM rear bulkhead, later T2/GT "flat" arms - at least what I can see.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

fst72vette
Approved Member

Post by fst72vette »

Hey Everyone! Just looking for a little help with ID for this chassis….
Attachments
IMG_3844.jpeg
IMG_3846.jpeg
IMG_3845.jpeg
IMG_3843.jpeg
IMG_3842.jpeg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

What does this motor plate fit? Is it for a Traxxas?
Screenshot_20231118-210024.png
Screenshot_20231118-210047.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Losi XX (I think)?

lowrydesign
Approved Member

Post by lowrydesign »

That is the xx/xxt updated centered motor plate/mount

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

What a great looking car, given what Yokomo’s are going for these days, I would say regardless of its makeup, it still has great value.

- Chassis. That is a 1994 style chassis that appears to have been drilled out/modified. I would assume custom or aftermarket? Great looking piece. Give its colouring along with the top deck I would assume they are aftermarket.
- Arms. Front and Rear arms are 95 arms (Pavidis) that have been drilled out.
- Front and rear gearboxes/diff mounts look like 95 from what I can see.
- Shocks. I don’t recognized them but the copper coloured shocks are harder to find and are period correct.
- Shock Towers. Front and rear are 94 towers, assume again aftermarket given the colour. Front tower has been modified/cut out a bit.
- Motor. The Reedy Ultra Sonic is the same motor Mark Pavidis used in his 95. Has the TCS slipper which also points to a 95.

Sooo it appears to be a mix between a 95 with some 94 bits.

- JC Racing Products in the UK makes some good repo 95 front and rear arms.
- Fibre Lyte in the UK makes some good repo Yokomo towers and chassis.

I might be totally missing something and this could be a rarer car but hope the above at least gives you an idea? Do not hesitate to post in the Yokomo section as well if you decide to tinker or have additional questions.
Mtherr1988 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 pm Hello All,

I recently purchased a Yokomo YZ10, or so I think. I'm very new to Yokomo and this is the first one I've ever owned. After looking at various articles online and here at RC10 talk I'm gaining more questions rather than answers. At first I thought it was a Mark Pavidis edition, but certain components don't look right on my car verse others. Everything is carbon, but the chassis looks like nothing I've seen, yet. The shape of the holes in the chassis are nothing like what I'm seeing online. From what i could tell i was missing the battery mounts and battery straps. I've since sourced the mounts as seen in the pics. I think I'm going to struggle with the straps, unless any of you can direct me where to get them. The suspension arms appear to have been drilled out to mimic the Masami arms?? They clearly have been modified. Please see photos below of the car. I guess what I'm asking from you all is simply this...what is this car? How wrong or right is it? Was it worth purchasing? If anything, i think it looks pretty cool. Please tell me anything you know! Thank you everyone!
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

I was pulling some gold shocks apart this evening, trying to figure out why the shock bodies appeared to be so long but the shafts so short, were these greenish looking inserts something done by an amateur to limit the travel? I was just going to pull them off, but they feel like they are really on there lol
Attachments
EAA35D2B-4884-48D5-9CE2-61B47E130FEC.jpeg
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

This amateur would do that :lol:
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

From the manual..... That's more than 5/8 haha
Attachments
Screenshot_20231209_181042_Drive.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Frankentruck wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 pm This amateur would do that :lol:
Have done many like this on my nitros too. The extra weight of the motor made for an ass slapper on any jumps so the lengths definitely ran over the 5/8" mark like in Jeff's manual picture. 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Is this meant for nitro vehicles? I remember my LHS having something to prevent a throttle servo from staying, although it didn't have a unique name like this. 🤣
Screenshot_20231208-164439.png

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Since the reminder that they exist, I snagged one and when it gets here I'll pop it open and post the info. I believe they are a capacitor backup so when the main battery dies the radio doesn't lose control as quickly. Mechanical speed control problems. Might be usable for nitro as well. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with failsafe so much as just power.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Mtherr1988

Post by Mtherr1988 »

Toaster wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:42 pm What a great looking car, given what Yokomo’s are going for these days, I would say regardless of its makeup, it still has great value.

- Chassis. That is a 1994 style chassis that appears to have been drilled out/modified. I would assume custom or aftermarket? Great looking piece. Give its colouring along with the top deck I would assume they are aftermarket.
- Arms. Front and Rear arms are 95 arms (Pavidis) that have been drilled out.
- Front and rear gearboxes/diff mounts look like 95 from what I can see.
- Shocks. I don’t recognized them but the copper coloured shocks are harder to find and are period correct.
- Shock Towers. Front and rear are 94 towers, assume again aftermarket given the colour. Front tower has been modified/cut out a bit.
- Motor. The Reedy Ultra Sonic is the same motor Mark Pavidis used in his 95. Has the TCS slipper which also points to a 95.

Sooo it appears to be a mix between a 95 with some 94 bits.

- JC Racing Products in the UK makes some good repo 95 front and rear arms.
- Fibre Lyte in the UK makes some good repo Yokomo towers and chassis.

I might be totally missing something and this could be a rarer car but hope the above at least gives you an idea? Do not hesitate to post in the Yokomo section as well if you decide to tinker or have additional questions.
Mtherr1988 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 pm Hello All,

I recently purchased a Yokomo YZ10, or so I think. I'm very new to Yokomo and this is the first one I've ever owned. After looking at various articles online and here at RC10 talk I'm gaining more questions rather than answers. At first I thought it was a Mark Pavidis edition, but certain components don't look right on my car verse others. Everything is carbon, but the chassis looks like nothing I've seen, yet. The shape of the holes in the chassis are nothing like what I'm seeing online. From what i could tell i was missing the battery mounts and battery straps. I've since sourced the mounts as seen in the pics. I think I'm going to struggle with the straps, unless any of you can direct me where to get them. The suspension arms appear to have been drilled out to mimic the Masami arms?? They clearly have been modified. Please see photos below of the car. I guess what I'm asking from you all is simply this...what is this car? How wrong or right is it? Was it worth purchasing? If anything, i think it looks pretty cool. Please tell me anything you know! Thank you everyone!

Thank you so much for the reply! That's all good news to me and I do love the look of the car. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I'm glad I have it.

LosiRacer1
Approved Member

Post by LosiRacer1 »

RC10 with oval conversion. Is that a McAllister front end? It also has a bunch of Andy's parts. Just wondering if it was a kit or just a bunch of parts put on. Thanks.
Attachments
PXL_20231215_215522115.jpg
PXL_20231215_215514635.jpg

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

Can anyone ID these heat sinks and whatever these plastic plugs are..they have different numbers on the ends.. ??
-Brad