VRC Pro Review - Game Play

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

How do you feel about the VRC Pro simulator

A) Love it!
31%
B) Its ok
69%
C) I'd rather only use real R/C
No votes
D) Hate it
No votes

Total votes: 13

1911Colt
Approved Member

Re: VRC Pro Review - Game Play

Post by 1911Colt »

Probably a stupid question, but here goes.....

Do they "license" or attempt to replicate actual RC cars? Can you drive an RC10, or a Top Cat, or a Top Cat, or maybe a Top Cat? :D

My RC flight sim uses the controller, too, and I find it actually helps as a trainer. It uses RC planes that are "coincidentally" available from the same company that sells the sim :lol:

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

1911Colt wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:53 am Probably a stupid question, but here goes.....

Do they "license" or attempt to replicate actual RC cars? Can you drive an RC10, or a Top Cat, or a Top Cat, or maybe a Top Cat? :D

My RC flight sim uses the controller, too, and I find it actually helps as a trainer. It uses RC planes that are "coincidentally" available from the same company that sells the sim :lol:
I'm still working with the free version, but it has licensed vehicles. I haven't seen an RC10, or Schumacher for free, but that doesn't mean they don't have it.

https://www.vrcworld.com/about/ - more details and race footage here.

VRC-Pro is also on Steam:

RealFlight convinced me that sims are very helpful. I believe this free version VRC-Pro has helped me already with cars.

The USB Rx they make for VRC-Pro, for using your own Tx, would be better than an X box or game controller.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Turns out you can DIY/make the USB to Rx adapter for using your favorite Tx on a PC, that will work with any game/racing sim for PC, including VRC-Pro.

The Arduino SS Micro can be had for $10.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXXBDB63

This looks like a fun project with a useful purpose. Doing it.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Got the parts in.

Arduino SS Micro.

Could've used just the Arduino board, and a male to male servo extension cut in half, to supply the board with the two necessary channels; but I want to make a 3 channel capable controller, so I can marshal/reset position with a button on the Tx, and need at least three J connectors for that.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Got the cables built, and soldered to the Arduino board.

The battery plug is horizontal, the signal wires for channels 1-3 run vertical, three channels can be run on just two connectors in this way:

Works incredibly well, as good as RealFlight and their controller based sim, no latency issues.

It's challenging in the Stand POV, and too much fun in the chase cam. I'm learning real skills that I could never practice because there are no good tracks in my area.

I'm just using the free version of VRC Pro, and this Tx addition just made it so much better!