1981-82 Team Associated Sticker Sheet

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dinglem
Approved Member

1981-82 Team Associated Sticker Sheet

Post by dinglem »

I was given this in a haul from ex-Team Associated, team Reedy and Team Novak driver Jimmy Davis fairly recently. He let me have a heap of Novak parts including the elusive white/translucent Novak NES-1A servo as per the Kent Clausen 1982 World Championship winning car. He told me he received two translucent servos at the same time as Kent and dyed one of them red - which i also have. See my other thread....

Anyway, this sticker sheet was also included.
sheeeet.jpg
Obviously some big names are on there. I messaged Kent Clausen to chat about this (and the translucent servo) and he was very helpful and chatty. Very nice bloke :D

He told me the names Killer and Killer Jr. referred to Midge Husting and her daughter Julie.

He said that decal sheet was made by Chris Chan for some of the Associated team drivers. Probably around 1980. Chris did a lot of the photography, advertisements and box art for Associated. He also identified the Reedy Modifieds sticker at the bottom of the sheet as the same one which he had on his Worlds 82 body shell, so thinks he took that sticker directly from his copy of this same sheet. Pretty cool find 8)
274990932_1058039564774573_7431498555984895036_n.jpg
Also, no more than 5 minutes after sending my first message, Kent had dug out the remains of his own copy of the very same sticker sheet! :shock:
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: 1981-82 Team Associated Sticker Sheet

Post by GoMachV »

In related news, here are a couple of those stickers in use :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot_20240214_164349_Gallery.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mAdMan
Approved Member

Re: 1981-82 Team Associated Sticker Sheet

Post by mAdMan »

I swear that is the same exact driver in my Kyosho Scorpion. Or maybe I’m just crossing a Scorpion and a 10b driver in my mind. Cool early stuff you have there