My "New" JRxPro SE Build thread

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: My "New" JRxPro SE Build thread

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Alot of folks get their reproduction decals from MCI
https://mciracing.ca/collections/team-losi/products/1-10th-losi-jrx-pro-se-box-art-decals?sort_by=manual. They have jrxPro and SE decals. Unless your original decals are all creased up or have shock oil spills/stains on the backing paper, they should be fine as far as adhesion. But if you don't want to cut your original sheet just to find out, MCI is a good place to look.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

JRxJoe

Post by JRxJoe »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:38 pm Alot of folks get their reproduction decals from MCI
https://mciracing.ca/collections/team-losi/products/1-10th-losi-jrx-pro-se-box-art-decals?sort_by=manual. They have jrxPro and SE decals. Unless your original decals are all creased up or have shock oil spills/stains on the backing paper, they should be fine as far as adhesion. But if you don't want to cut your original sheet just to find out, MCI is a good place to look.
Thanks much. I’ll order. I wonder what that premium color option is all about for 50 pct more? I really just want the hard body shock decals since mine were ruined from years of shock oil.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

JRxJoe wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:14 am I wonder what that premium color option is all about for 50 pct more?
It makes the brushed and mirror colors active.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

JRxJoe

Post by JRxJoe »

IMG_6256.jpeg
IMG_6251.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
Did a few more things yesterday while I wait for parts.

Completed assembly of the hydra drive by piecing parts together from eBay finds. Forgot about the silver spring. Had to purchase that separately along with a rebuild kit. Filling it up was no easy task. I eventually found that adding oil prior to sandwiching the halves together was easiest way to clear air bubbles. I then worked the internal rotor several times between topping off. Hopefully I did it right. Had to fashion a tip for the silicone diff oil I used, which was 7k.

Added a stainless screw kit and also custom cut a chassis protector to keep the chassis mint.

Another subtle change was the battery clip rubber holder to prevent losing it along the way somehow. I like paying attention to detail.

Hopefully I’ll install the jammin’ steering enhancement kit soon. RPM ESC tray is on the way.

For now I’m sticking with a modern Tekin ESC and 13.5T brushless motor. Eventually I’ll probably revert to older Novak electronics and a cool retro motor if I can find one.

JRxJoe

Post by JRxJoe »

Photos of finished electronics. Tekin RSX Pro and g4 motor combo. LRM high speed fan. Ruddog 3600mAh NiMH battery. The only battery I could find that fit properly. Added NOS RPM ESC shelf. Will be installing Jammin’ steering enhancement kit soon.

Hopefully I will also find ball bearing bellcranks and the steering servo brace kit in the future.

I know this setup is kind of a resto mod with modern bits on a vintage new chassis but I kind of like the look. At least until I find the right vintage electronics.

I chose Tekin because of its long history in competition with Novak. But truthfully I find other ESCa and motors of better quality. The Acuvance electronics I’m using
In my Yokomo MO 2.0 are much much better overall.
IMG_6291.jpeg
IMG_6292.jpeg
IMG_6293.jpeg
IMG_6295.jpeg
IMG_6296.jpeg

JRxJoe

Post by JRxJoe »

I stripped and recoated the links and ball studs for my pro and pro se last night using a Caswell black oxide system. It works great as long as parts are thoroughly clean and dry.

Does anyone know a place where I could get titanium upgrades in 4-40 if I want to make the switch?

I already purchased a set of 12 RPM ball cup rod ends to replace the short originals on the pro. They really suck vs. the upgraded gray ones Losi implemented on the pro se.
IMG_6381.jpeg