Steve's 3d prints

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

Re: Steve's 3d prints

Post by Steve71 »

Dadio wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:27 am Is that the red velvet rope I spy on the right ? Nice touch .
Thanks. Yep, I made the very top of the stairs somewhat of a lobby/ticket window right before you enter into the theater part of the room to give it more of an immersive theater type feel to it.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Is there a place to get over priced food and drink :lol:
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Dadio wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:18 pm Is there a place to get over priced food and drink :lol:
There sure is. Do you want me to super size your drink for $1 more sir? :mrgreen:

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

You seem to have a lot of good luck with your prints! I was trying to scale down a Tank Girl head this past weekend and just can’t get the right size. Trying to scale it to size for a 6-7” figure for a driver in 1/10 scale trail truck.

Have you had any luck with resizing?
Jeff

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Yeah I resize probably 60% or more of the stuff I print, mainly to make it fit on the build plate better or to change to a size that suits where I want to put it better. What sort of issue are you having? What slicer are you using to rezie with?

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

I am using Ultimaker Acura. I should have mentioned this before. My problem is the % changed when reducing the size. I have tried sharing the reduction to all three ratios x,y,z and I get the dimensions in mmmor what it should be the size when printed. I only tried a couple prints this method, and they were both too small and the details we lost. I probably need to play around with the other setting to get it to print better quality. I should probably take more time to understand the other settings as well. Lol
Jeff

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

If you are losing details you might be using too big of a layer height for a small detail piece. The default "super/dynamic" (can't recall which they call it) layer height in Cura is .12 but I usually enter my own setting of .08 layer height when I do something like a small figure's head.
Did you find the tank girl head on thingiverse or somewhere? if so shoot me a link and I will see if I can take a look at it for you.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Bond......James Bond😁 Being a huge Bond movie fan I couldn't resist 3d printing a Walther PPK with silencer for the theater room. Added some spent brass and a round coming out the muzzle to the board as well.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Steve71 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:14 pm If you are losing details you might be using too big of a layer height for a small detail piece. The default "super/dynamic" (can't recall which they call it) layer height in Cura is .12 but I usually enter my own setting of .08 layer height when I do something like a small figure's head.
Did you find the tank girl head on thingiverse or somewhere? if so shoot me a link and I will see if I can take a look at it for you.
This is the one I was working with. I was just messing with the file for the head. I will mess around with the layer height as well. I printed it is full size and he details were really good. Even the cigar cam out really well. Pruning all the supports out really sucked. One day I will finish prepping it for paint. It’s a cool piece. Might be something you will try too! lol

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2719447
Jeff

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

The James Bond gun now has company in the theater room......

"I can assure you that the stories you hear about John Wick, if nothing else, have been watered down" 😆

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

@SFC K what percentage were you trying to shrink it down to? Let me know and I will try it at that size with the profile I use on smaller parts and I'll see if it comes out smooth or not.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Steve71 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:14 pm @ SFC K what percentage were you trying to shrink it down to? Let me know and I will try it at that size with the profile I use on smaller parts and I'll see if it comes out smooth or not.
Thanks! I sized it down to 30%. I plan on giving it another try this weekend when I have more time to monitor the print.
Jeff

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Saw this and couldn't resist posting it here! :mrgreen:
e1.jpg
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!