Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Phin »

Lowgear wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:18 am ...
Now getting back on track... It irritates me how eBay now lets sellers send you offers for auctions you merely glanced at. I hate going to my account, and seeing a big list of offers for items I have no interest in.
That's eBay sending those offers, not the sellers. A lot of times it's because the seller didn't know to turn off the option (that lets eBay automatically send out offers on the seller's behalf) when they created a BIN listing.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Huh... I had no idea. I assumed it was eBay coaxing sellers into sending out offers to those that viewed their listing. When you add an auction to your watch list, doesn't eBay eventually suggest to the seller that they should send out best offers to the interested parties? They used to... I figured this was just eBay taking it one step further.

Either way, it would be nice to be able to block it. That would compromise eBay from potentially making more money though. :roll: Now that I think about it, I remember this tactic of theirs being brought up on here before.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Spectrum ISP is not waterproof. If it's sprinkling a little, it's offline.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Brief funny video clips that say "Wait for it" or "Watch to the end". I mean, who the heck watches a funny video compilation and STOPS watching 5-second clips just before they end?? :roll:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:48 pm Brief funny video clips that say "Wait for it" or "Watch to the end". I mean, who the heck watches a funny video compilation and STOPS watching 5-second clips just before they end?? :roll:
That is what you find irritating? That the WHOLE video is worth a watch?!?!?! Usually, anytime a video has "epic" "hilarious" "funniest", or whatever hyped term they put to it, RARELY does the video ever live up to the title!
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I'm pretty much convinced that comedians ceased to exist about 20 years ago. Sure, the occasional funny joke might happen, or humorous interaction, but rarely, and I do mean RARELY, can I sit and watch any so called "comedian" for the entirety of their video. They simply . . . are . . . not . . . funny! Whoever told Jimmy Falon that he was funny, misled the poor man. David Letterman was never funny, moments, maybe, as a whole no. Conan O'Brian, not funny! Conversely, Jay Leno was funny. Johnny Carson was funny. George Carlin, in his younger years was funny as all get out! When he turned old and gray, he used his fame as a platform to have old man rants against the man and machine, he wasn't necessarily wrong with his rants, but he wasn't funny about it like he was in his younger years.

I am no prude, I don't mind a little swearing or risque joke, all that can be integral to the story or plot or punch line, though, it seems that what passes for funny these days are references to genitals, swearing, and in general, lewd gender comments. This started back in the 80's with the likes of Edi Murphy and Andrew Dice Clay, they and their content wasn't funny then and it's not funny now.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Scammers. Scammers irritate and infuriate me. There is a special place in hades for them and I hope it's hot.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Brendan2904 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm Scammers. Scammers irritate and infuriate me. There is a special place in hades for them and I hope it's hot.
They're going to be even worse when they get good AI.

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Phin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 pm
Brendan2904 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm Scammers. Scammers irritate and infuriate me. There is a special place in hades for them and I hope it's hot.
They're going to be even worse when they get good AI.
AI is on my list of things that irritate me too lol

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

They don't just go to hell, they have to sit next to the furnace. :lol:

Luckily it is a big furnace, what with all of the lawyers, politicians, child abusers...

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Speaking of AI...AI narration in YouTube videos is another huge irritation for me, with the constant mis-pronouncing of everyday words and weird pauses...it's become so prevalent and very annoying.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

diarrhea... phffft phffft... diarrhea 💩 😂💩 😂💩

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Random PM's from a "no poster" that assume you're swimming in parts bins like Scrooge MacDuck as you gaze upon library quality shelves upon shelves of new builds and NIB stacks of a particular model of car..

Dude, I got one, ONE of those.

And it took me years to pull it off.

And then when you send them an honest yet cordial no BS reply with your best advice (aside from, here you go!) as to how to go about it (which involves wait until you find something on eBay and pounce, or, do it the hard way and start bone collecting..), nothing...reply still in my outbox.

Have a nice day.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Dangeruss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:55 pm diarrhea... phffft phffft... diarrhea 💩 😂💩 😂💩
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminded me of Beavis calling Daria "Diarrhea Diarrhea Cha Cha Cha"

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

:mrgreen:

ChaChaCha.jpg