RC10Talk Euro meeting?

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synergy
Approved Member

RC10Talk Euro meeting?

Post by Synergy »

With all this across the pond fun being had I'm feeling very left out and wondered if we should at least start talking about an RC10Talk/vintage Euro meeting :?: Lets start by gaging interest and throwing a few club/track location about. Lets not make it a sign on the line thread just see how it goes after all it might be at least a year in the organising :wink:

So I will set the wheel rollin.

In the North East of England I believe we have no outdoor permanent tracks (but I stand to be corrected) and I don't really know what the none permanent outdoor or indoor tracks are like (I might drop Northy a line :idea: ) . So I'm going to have to travel no matter what, no problem I have a tent :D
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

YZ-10
Approved Member

Re: RC10Talk Euro meeting?

Post by YZ-10 »

I would be interested know couple people who will also be

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

I would also be interested! Coming from germany, i'd definitely prefer england's classic and partially also historic tracks like batley, bury and tivvy. I occasinally visit england on business and holiday trips, maybe this could match in 2009. I should also be able to put in some electronics in my cars by then :)

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Post by Chewbacca »

I'd be interested.

I've been to 2 permanent tracks in the greater Rhein - Ruhr area here in Germany (Langenfeld and Dortmund). Both belong to different clubs, which I am not member of.

http://www.amc-langenfeld.de

http://www.mcdortmund.de/

The Langenfeld track is pretty technical, I haven't been to the dortmund track in a while, so I dodn't know the current layout. Should there be enough interest, I could contact the clubs to see if they'd be interesten in hosting such an event.

But with enough time in advance I'd also come to England.

Chewie.
*** POWDER - KING ***

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

And the rest of our Europeans? Anybody favor a nice vintage meeting?

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

Asso_man! wrote:meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
Good - i could pick you up on my way to england :) If i don't opt to fly of course.....

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

I'd be very interested in a Euro meet :D Trying to work out which permanent UK tracks would be good for our continental friends. Tiverton indoor track no longer exists, and the outside track is nothing special, plus it's the wrong side of the UK for those travelling over. Bury Metro is a great track but judging from the talk on Oople.com it may shut soon due to lack of interest :(

Other good permanent tracks are Batley (4.5 hrs from Dover) Southport (5 hours!), Kidderminster (central UK - used by Tamiyaclub.com for their annual meet but 4 hours from Dover), Stotfold (ace track, 2 hours from Dover). Best track for our European friends might be the recently restored (vintage :D ) Eden Park (http://www.edenparkraceway.com/ 1.5 hours from Dover). However it's a long way for those UK racers who live up North....plus might not be the most car friendly track for racing precious vintage buggies round :shock:

Obviously a lot of these tracks are closer if people used the ferry to Hull, but I just wanted to give an idea of distances.

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

I am part of the Work crew that prepare Eden Park Raceway and know the organisors very well. I regularly run my RC10 around the track with no ill effects!

If you guys could get to South London where the Eden Park track is, I'm sure I could organise something for us. In fact 99.999% sure, but will need to ask the organisors first of course.

It is a very nice 'old skool' track and easy to get to (plus pretty central between Germany and North England!)

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I'm prepared to travel anywhere in the UK and into Europe finances allowing.

If we could get a club on board maybe we could get them to organize an open regional meeting for current cars and tag a couple of vintage heats on in a demo like styleeeee, the more drivers and spectators the better I reckon :idea: :?:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

Synergy wrote:I'm prepared to travel anywhere in the UK and into Europe finances allowing.

If we could get a club on board maybe we could get them to organize an open regional meeting for current cars and tag a couple of vintage heats on in a demo like styleeeee, the more drivers and spectators the better I reckon :idea: :?:
wasn't jimmy from oople.com into vintage stuff?

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

phoenix wrote:
Synergy wrote:I'm prepared to travel anywhere in the UK and into Europe finances allowing.

wasn't jimmy from oople.com into vintage stuff?
In a big way once upon a time not so sure now :? I do frequent oople.com now and again but I'm not much of a contributor, is anyone else here well known over there who might like to put the word out on the oople street :?:

Here's my TC Showroom