25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (See page 1)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10

Post by slotcarrod »

MelvinsArmy wrote:That's a nice write up and documentation Rod, thanks for doing it. Maybe we should make this a sticky?
Thanks. I'm sorry my pictures are not the best. I do plan to update them later when I get better lighting in my basement. As we go along, I hope to add any other info that comes to light about the different cars.

I am going to update the Cadillac next!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Truly magnificent work.

Thank you very much for this brilliant reference. I certainly appreciate the effort required.

cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

great thread!...i now understand what the cadillac version is....lol

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Yes! Excellent thread - can't wait to read the next installments. Your two reviews so far confirm that my gold pan buggy must be an early 'Cadillac' car - having all the later car 'bits' but an Edinger addressed box - with labelled end.

The thing that does confuse me is that inside the box it has the 1984 Summer newsletter?? Would they have been still dropping a 2-3 year old newsletter into the boxes in 1986-7 at the new address???

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

DerbyDan wrote:Yes! Excellent thread - can't wait to read the next installments. Your two reviews so far confirm that my gold pan buggy must be an early 'Cadillac' car - having all the later car 'bits' but an Edinger addressed box - with labelled end.

The thing that does confuse me is that inside the box it has the 1984 Summer newsletter?? Would they have been still dropping a 2-3 year old newsletter into the boxes in 1986-7 at the new address???
Sounds like you may have a late Edinger. Unless you have a mix of parts and kits. Did you build this kit new from the box, and what is the date and address on the parts catalog? The catalog is the one that AE updated the most!

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

slotcarrod wrote:Sounds like you may have a late Edinger. Unless you have a mix of parts and kits. Did you build this kit new from the box, and what is the date and address on the parts catalog? The catalog is the one that AE updated the most!
Hi slotcarrod, i'll have to have a look at the parts catalog tonight....

This is the car on my Tamiyaclub showroom http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=93565&sid=28990

I personally didn't build the car myself but judging by how everything is present & correct within the box - from the instructions to the parts that haven't been used yet (spotlamps/shell/wingwire etc) It all feels like a complete kit built from out of that box. I'm sure its a Cadillac car though as it has the cadillac address on the instructions (from memory) & on the 540 motor :wink:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

DerbyDan wrote:
slotcarrod wrote:Sounds like you may have a late Edinger. Unless you have a mix of parts and kits. Did you build this kit new from the box, and what is the date and address on the parts catalog? The catalog is the one that AE updated the most!
Hi slotcarrod, i'll have to have a look at the parts catalog tonight....

This is the car on my Tamiyaclub showroom http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=93565&sid=28990

I personally didn't build the car myself but judging by how everything is present & correct within the box - from the instructions to the parts that haven't been used yet (spotlamps/shell/wingwire etc) It all feels like a complete kit built from out of that box. I'm sure its a Cadillac car though as it has the cadillac address on the instructions (from memory) & on the 540 motor :wink:
It definitely looks like an early Cadillac car. If the box is original and has an Edinger address, it could be a transition car (just when they were moving or using all the old boxes).

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 updated 8/12/09

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Great Tribute, This post cool, because 25 years is a big deal! You just may want to change the early one to "The Early Years" The E word is just a time period, until on or about 1989, when orders became so great the facility was outgrown.
- Brian -

My Gallery

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

This thread was not meant for the hardened RC10 collector. Well.....Maybe not! I like to think I'm a hardened collector, however I learn new things every week. Yesterday I learned from Reg that the early B2's had white bellcranks, RC10resto brought to light the thickness of the shock towers.

I do not want to get in to prototypes, team R&D, test shots or behind the scenes in this thread. That would be a great idea for another thread (perhaps Y'ernat Al. could head that one up!) The prototype RC10 was covered very well by websteve. I am covering what the general person could purchase off the shelf, the differences and changes over time. In a sense, it is the evolution of the "production" RC10.

The only thing that ties a "new" later generation gold pan short arm RC10 to Edinger or Cadillac, is the address on the box and in the catalog! :wink:

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Totally cool Rod, I get it. Gotta call 'em something. :wink:
- Brian -

My Gallery

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Good job Rod...all I can say is that this will be a good thread. I know it because I have been in Rod's basement and seen a lot of the cars Rod is going to post. If your wife isn't jealous then i am :lol:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 updated 10/12/09

Post by slotcarrod »

I updated the TQ10, however I need to find out early TQ10 production dates. The only date I could get from Horizon is shipped on Feb 1990. I can only assume that was for the late version with all the NEW RC10 Graphite car parts on them. Any help with info or pics of the TQ10 from members would be great! I only have a nice used late version (missing body :roll: ) that I will be converting (I think) to an early version. Not ready to take pictures of this car yet.

My next updates will be the RC10 Graphite!

junkman
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 updated 11/12/09

Post by junkman »

great thread, will be tons of help for noobs, and people like myself to iron out the details of their cars. Thanks a ton.

matthew john
Banned Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 11/12/09)

Post by matthew john »

hey , could you post pics of the differnces between the caddilac and edigner cars?
like tires , shock towers, shocks, the bottom shock cups ?
possibly like side by side pics or one pic of edinger part, another pic of the caddilac part?

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 11/12/09)

Post by vintage AE »

that's already posted, near the beginning :wink: