Sneak peek-Composite Craft RC10 worlds buggy

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Eau Rouge wrote:
Tadracket wrote:Red be my favorite so I vote red. Either looks stunning. I mean, come on. Just look at those rims. You could make 'em pink and purple and they would look good :D
Hey, what's wrong with pink & purple?

:P :D
Pink and purple are great colors. I just ain't secure enough in my manhood to use them :oops: :lol:
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Okay a little more work done. I stripped the gold off and sprayed the red. They look really trick

I am current;y working on the transmission. it is a stealth with a Losi hydra drive. Hopefully I will get it done in the next few days.

I am also making a set of aluminum supports for the Composite Craft chassis. I thought the aluminum would look tricker than the nylon .

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

shodog wrote:I am also making a set of aluminum supports for the Composite Craft chassis. I thought the aluminum would look tricker than the nylon .
maybe detail those in some way with the red too?

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

badhoopty wrote:maybe detail those in some way with the red too?
That was the thought. I will be milling them out of 1/4" aluminum rod, i'll drill and tap them with 4/40 threads then polish them up and spray them with the red clear. They will be nice little trick additions

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

I have some red (hot trick maybe?) chassis stiffeners if you are interested. I think they have one extra set of holes in them. Other than that, they are perfect. You may have to drill them to make them fit though.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

your gonna be dying the suspension parts black? you might already know this, but make sure you trim out the sides of the bulkhead before you do. just a heads up. :wink:

lookin' good, by the way. :)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

scr8p wrote:your gonna be dying the suspension parts black? you might already know this, but make sure you trim out the sides of the bulkhead before you do. just a heads up. :wink:

I did a test fit and it didn't need any trimming. I saw on the instructions that you need to but the RPM bulkhead bolted right up.

As for the parts, I am going to do them in red.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Tadracket wrote:I have some red (hot trick maybe?) chassis stiffeners if you are interested. I think they have one extra set of holes in them. Other than that, they are perfect. You may have to drill them to make them fit though.
Thanks for the offer but I have some of those already. I have them slated for an SRB project

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

shodog wrote:
scr8p wrote:your gonna be dying the suspension parts black? you might already know this, but make sure you trim out the sides of the bulkhead before you do. just a heads up. :wink:

I did a test fit and it didn't need any trimming. I saw on the instructions that you need to but the RPM bulkhead bolted right up.

As for the parts, I am going to do them in red.
worlds car upper plate mounts to the top of the bulkhead, not the sides like the team chassis. however, you may have to shave a little bit off the bottom of your shock tower to make room for the upper plate.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i had to shave down my rear tower, and cut the sides of the bulkhead off so the rear arm mount would have clearance.

edit: the front of the arm itself needed clearance, not the mount.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

scr8p wrote:i had to shave down my rear tower, and cut the sides of the bulkhead off so the rear arm mount would have clearance.
oh, i wasnt thinking about the rear arms. my bad.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

scr8p wrote:i had to shave down my rear tower, and cut the sides of the bulkhead off so the rear arm mount would have clearance.

edit: the front of the arm itself needed clearance, not the mount.
Okay I need to check that

thanks
Jim

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

scr8p wrote:i had to shave down my rear tower
yep, me too!! but no problem with the rear bulkhead (which is the same as yours)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Scr8p, you were right, I needed to do some judicious trimming on the rear bulkhead so that the ream arms will have free suspension movement.

I got all the plastic dyed up today.

And now I've started to assemble the chassis.

As anyone who has done a scratch built buggy knows, you run into all kinds of road blocks. The Tecnacraft titanium tunrbuckles I have are for the RC10 but these arms are wider than normal so the turnbuckles are too narrow to use with the stock ball ends. What I plan to do is to pick up some dubro ball ends which are longer than the stock ones this will bridge the gap I have.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

shodog wrote:As anyone who has done a scratch built buggy knows, you run into all kinds of road blocks. The Tecnacraft titanium tunrbuckles I have are for the RC10 but these arms are wider than normal so the turnbuckles are too narrow to use with the stock ball ends. What I plan to do is to pick up some dubro ball ends which are longer than the stock ones this will bridge the gap I have.
Why not use some of the white rpm rod ends http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=73381&FVPROFIL=++ dyed up in the same red? or the black ones for some contrast. They are a bit longer than the stock ones.

-Anthony