eastern nc

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Re: eastern nc

Post by losiXXXman »

Have you been up there Charlie? I looked at the site, and past race results, only looked like one time that 2wd made a class. I assume the'd let a 2wd run with 4wd buggies if there's not 3 cars, but not sure if that would be any fun. I may have try and get over there sometime...

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

wes let me know when u go ill try to get up there too...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

2wd is non-existent right now, but I am told that it picks up a bunch in the winter. But they will lump you in with the 4wd's at any point. I have been going up the past couple Wed's and running Mod truck ( 5-15 entries ) and running the 10t

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I'd like to check that out, Indoor sounds awesome, track looks great. I just don't know when I will be able to commit to hauling over there. (Three kids makes a busy house) We SHOULD try to plan a joint trip to that track though. Between CDS, Vintage88, Thunderstrike, and myself...there's four entries for 2WD!?? What do you guys think?

In the meantime:

Would you guys consider a get together in the Triangle area? We could set something informal up on a clay ballfield, sweep it off, bring some homebuilt portable jumps/obstacles.... HAVE SOME FUN?!!

Weigh in and LMK, I'll start looking into a free and unobstructed venue.

Do you guys know other 10talkers from the area? If so PM them a link to this thread. Maybe we can get something started.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

You guys would whip my arse lol My old brushed motors and 2ooo packs lol not been charged in years!!! DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

losiXXXman wrote:I'd like to check that out, Indoor sounds awesome, track looks great. I just don't know when I will be able to commit to hauling over there. (Three kids makes a busy house) We SHOULD try to plan a joint trip to that track though. Between CDS, Vintage88, Thunderstrike, and myself...there's four entries for 2WD!?? What do you guys think?

In the meantime:

Would you guys consider a get together in the Triangle area? We could set something informal up on a clay ballfield, sweep it off, bring some homebuilt portable jumps/obstacles.... HAVE SOME FUN?!!

Weigh in and LMK, I'll start looking into a free and unobstructed venue.

Do you guys know other 10talkers from the area? If so PM them a link to this thread. Maybe we can get something started.
You can also run the track in Apex/Cary- outdoor-1/8 and SC and there is another in Wilson that is the same gig- But I can always get him to make a "vintage" 2wd class with more than one person, and there is a guy from Burlington that has some vintage cars as well that would likely run that class-

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:You guys would whip my arse lol My old brushed motors and 2ooo packs lol not been charged in years!!! DON

come on don im running brushed with you...

im in for it tell me when and where and ill be there... prefer cary/raleigh area...

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

CDS- Have you run the Wilson or Fuquay tracks with 1/10? It's just been my experience that tracks designed for 1/8 are boring for 1/10. Their jumps are hills for us (robbing speed and momentum) and their long straights to wind out those engines make our cars seem slow. I pulled these quotes from the Cape Fear Raceway Forum refering to 1/10 4WD:

I know last summer there was a regular class of these. What happened? Do any of you
guys still have them, I just acqured one and would like to race it if there is an interest.
J

J, we all got out of this b/c every race was basically a last man standing event. The
track, and jumps, were just too big, so one wrong move and you were broke. Pretty
much the only buggies that could stay in one piece were the durangos and they're just
too expensive for most guys. I just got fed up with all the carnage and sold mine as did
most others I believe.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Im willing to drive lol.Im itchin to go run some of mine after dustem off lol and toss in the electronics.DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

losiXXXman wrote:CDS- Have you run the Wilson or Fuquay tracks with 1/10? It's just been my experience that tracks designed for 1/8 are boring for 1/10. Their jumps are hills for us (robbing speed and momentum) and their long straights to wind out those engines make our cars seem slow. I pulled these quotes from the Cape Fear Raceway Forum refering to 1/10 4WD:

I know last summer there was a regular class of these. What happened? Do any of you
guys still have them, I just acqured one and would like to race it if there is an interest.
J

J, we all got out of this b/c every race was basically a last man standing event. The
track, and jumps, were just too big, so one wrong move and you were broke. Pretty
much the only buggies that could stay in one piece were the durangos and they're just
too expensive for most guys. I just got fed up with all the carnage and sold mine as did
most others I believe.
I have not, I so know that the SC trucks seem to be running there, but the GSO track seems to be getting all the attention. Also-this track is a nice, flowing, fast/slow not a supercross track-so it is very friendly to vintage.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

CDS - Are slicks the hot setup up there? I saw that on your Vonats test car. Or was that for another track (Charlotte?) Also, I see from race results that races are 10 minutes. It's been quite a while since I did any racing (was 4-5 last time I raced). Is Lipo require to run that long? Or can a 3800-4200 NiMH do it with brushed motors? I guess I could just test it out. I 'm still REALLY old school - no brushless certainly no lipo. I'm really dragging my feet about updating. Packs are expensive even though you probably only need 1 per car, and I'll have to upgrade my charger too. Big $$ layout for me, I'm SILK (Single Income Lot of Kids (3)) :D:

Don and Tim (CDS(is it Reg?) too, if you want!) - Let's get together in Cary or Apex in a few weeks. Maybe November 13th?

I ran my Rc10 at a good softball field on Monday:

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

im in what kinds of setups are yall gonna run???

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Can we change to Sunday the 14th guys? I'm thinking 9-12. I will try to nail down a location, and will see if there's any AC available that we could use. Sorry for the change, but my wife just reminded me that the kids have a birthday party to attend on Saturday, as well as ballet class for my 5 year old daughter.

I'm going to bring my RC10. Right now it's got a brushed stock, and miscellaneous mAh NiCd and NiMH packs. I may bring my son, and his 380 powered lunchbox. I may also have my hornet in running condition at that time too. Tim, I know you have a Hornet but do you have a race buggy ready to run also?

Don, are you in? Will you be running a XX?

Reg, I've looked at more of your threads. It seems like you are a more serious racer, I used to never run my cars unless they were on a track. I used to do a lot of organized racing, I promise I am not a hack, and we won't be hard on your equipment ( Heck, we probably won't be able to keep up!) We would really like to have you out. If not, I'm sure we'll cross paths at Gboro eventually.

Wes

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

If i can get two radios workin maybe rc10 gold stealth with black parts runner,and
if can get my runner xxcr together.Ive got enuff parts lying around for xx cars enuff xxt
to build almost an nib one. :lol: 8) And 12 2000 pacs i need to proflex in the next week then
charge and discharge.DON

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

im down 4 the 14th.
and yes im putting the finishing touches one of my A stamps... stealth xmsn with b44 topshaft and, motor plate, traxxas shocks, a revolution motor, and some flashy parts and a body i got from don...
lets see if he recognises his old car...lol