Blue Arms for RC10 Sneak Preview!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

wyldbill wrote:hey guys their is youre awnser to the elusive rear arm mount. you could make a fortune just in rear arm mounts alone. you should make them in 1.5 degree and 0 degree.
white delrin rear arm mounts... :wink:

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

wyldbill wrote:how about an aluminum transmission case for the 2.25 stealth that would be awesome. i know i would buy at least 2 if you made them.
Bingo! I'll be doing that but need to recieved the stealth from the seller in Ebay.

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

aluminum cases would be great. i race mine every weekend indoors during the winter and it is so hard to find non warped cases anymore. would it be possible to make some in aluminum for the vintage guys and some in delrin for the racing crowd.

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

wyldbill wrote:aluminum cases would be great. i race mine every weekend indoors during the winter and it is so hard to find non warped cases anymore. would it be possible to make some in aluminum for the vintage guys and some in delrin for the racing crowd.
Haha...I only know about aluminium...sorry :oops:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

delrin is just a certain type of plastic that can be machined like aluminum.

its really strong as well. i would DEFINITELY be interested in some white delrin arms and rear arm mounts. delrin front bulkheads (rpm one piece style) would rock as well.

OG RC10T

Post by OG RC10T »

Brat wrote:
wyldbill wrote:hey guys their is youre awnser to the elusive rear arm mount. you could make a fortune just in rear arm mounts alone. you should make them in 1.5 degree and 0 degree.
Hi wyldbill, I won't be driving a Merc after selling these parts.... :lol: I fabricate them just for the fun of it and of coz, to restore my Gold Tub...
I do not think i'll be making the 0 degrees cos I do not have the plastic parts.
I will put my order in for 2 pairs when your ready to start making more then just for your truck / Car.

Just in black or raw material would be great.

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: Blue Arms for RC10 Sneak Preview!

Post by Bormac »

Was there a mention of some alloy comonants for the NIKKO BRAT a while back?? I'd love some custom bits for my Brat buggy that I have been racing in the vintage race scene here in Australia.
[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/tw042.jpg[img][/img][/img]
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/tw040.jpg[img]
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/tw028-1.jpg[img]
[/img][/img]
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

aluminum tranny case?!!!! oh yes oh yes oh yes!! color? I DON'T CARE!!

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

anybody got some rpm worlds arms to send him so he can start making those too? i missed the boat on those and would love a set of aluminum ones! :mrgreen:

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

hey brat those are some of the best looking aluminum parts ever!

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Beautiful parts! Those would look sweet on scr8p's "blue guy".

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

After two years of busy schedule, i'm finally on long vacation again before starting on my new job. I've leave my rc stuffs in the store room long enough and cob webs had formed... I hope to machine some parts for the RC10 during my rest period. Just let me know what you need and i'll see what i can do. Even better if you work it on Autocad and just email me. These will save alot of time for the whole process. In this season, i'll leave the RC10 suspension arms and mounts in raw alloy color to save time and cost...Badhoopty had bought a set off me and i'll appreciate if he can just post a pic in here. Thank you!
My collections:
Nikko Brat, Nikko Dictator II, Nikko Thunder Eagle, Kyosho Pure Ten Nitro, Associated RC10, Associated RC10T, Associated RC10 Graphite, Associated B4, Tamiya Tamtech 1/24 Porsche 962C, Tamiya Striker, Tamiya TRF 501X WCE.

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

My only complaint with the alum. arms is IF they are used on a runner and it takes a good hit, you've bent the arms and they become junk. ( I know i've heard of people putting them in ovens and straightening them) I think on the right chassis or for a shelfer, they would look great.

Me personally, I have a really good reasonably priced PC guy who can do different colors. Id almost say leave the Alum. cut the cost a bit and leave teh color choices up to the buyer.

Looks pretty though. I might be down for a set. I agree with the Delrin comments. Take a look at the replica Worlds arms already being made. Ooooh, Delrin worlds Bulkhead FTW!

Momo

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

MOmo wrote:My only complaint with the alum. arms is IF they are used on a runner and it takes a good hit, you've bent the arms and they become junk. ( I know i've heard of people putting them in ovens and straightening them) I think on the right chassis or for a shelfer, they would look great.

Me personally, I have a really good reasonably priced PC guy who can do different colors. Id almost say leave the Alum. cut the cost a bit and leave teh color choices up to the buyer.

Looks pretty though. I might be down for a set. I agree with the Delrin comments. Take a look at the replica Worlds arms already being made. Ooooh, Delrin worlds Bulkhead FTW!

Momo
Your opinion is noted! I'll source for some Delrin and see if they turn out good. If so, i'll fabricate whatever parts you guys need but you need to send me the parts i don't have like the one piece bulkhead. Of course the cost factor is an issue not to be neglected too. Thanks alot.
PS: I've mounted these parts onto my runner and bash the hell out of it. Experienced several HARD bumps with no deformity. Only some niches here and there. Informed by my supplier that the 6 series alloy are alot tougher/ stronger than the cheap 5 series. That's why i chose this material even though the cost is higher.
My collections:
Nikko Brat, Nikko Dictator II, Nikko Thunder Eagle, Kyosho Pure Ten Nitro, Associated RC10, Associated RC10T, Associated RC10 Graphite, Associated B4, Tamiya Tamtech 1/24 Porsche 962C, Tamiya Striker, Tamiya TRF 501X WCE.

mtbnjim

Post by mtbnjim »

Brat wrote:After two years of busy schedule, i'm finally on long vacation again before starting on my new job. I've leave my rc stuffs in the store room long enough and cob webs had formed... I hope to machine some parts for the RC10 during my rest period. Just let me know what you need and i'll see what i can do. Even better if you work it on Autocad and just email me. These will save alot of time for the whole process. In this season, i'll leave the RC10 suspension arms and mounts in raw alloy color to save time and cost...Badhoopty had bought a set off me and i'll appreciate if he can just post a pic in here. Thank you!
Nice looking arms...I'll take a couple of set f/r and mounts in the raw color- bet they'll polish up really nice too. lmk