One of the benefits of working for Losi

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: One of the benefits of working for Losi

Post by Lonestar »

Rich - your 22 looks the business :shock:

The 22 is my next ride, once the unavoidable "new kit" bugs are worked out by the team, until then my FT B4.1 will do the trick... I've wanted one since I've first seen it. I'll pick one up ca. Aug/Sep to get ready for the indoor season as this is the only time I run 2WD "competitively". Summer is for 8th offroad ;) This is the best looking 2wd since the Jrx2 :)

RETRO R/C wrote:Hey Rich - Damn you are a tease man!!

I am "eagerly" (no - DESPERATELY;)) Awaiting my team car here. I picked up sponsorship/joined the Australian Losi Team here in Aus (joined in December - just before the car was announced - hows that for timing!!). I really am pumped about the car - there is ONE in Australia and I had the pleasure of giving it a thorough going over a couple of weekends ago at the J-Concepts clash at St Ives. The 22 really is going to re-ignite the 2wd class around the world. The car appears unreasonably stable - yet able to make savage turns whist maintaining grip and corner speed - quite surreal to watch. And boy oh boy - the thing just jumps so FLAT.......freakish to watch. Those big bore shocks seem to be really helping with the car - as it doesnt seem to bottom out on some of our more savage jumps like someothers. The vidoes of the car at various tracks in the US show this clearly freakish handling.

Really impressed with the steering system and front bulkhead design as well. This thing is gonna be a tank as far as durability is concerned.

So excitied to be back on the Losi team after many years away.

Cheers

Darryn Johnson

Darryn, did you see it run in mid-motor layout? So far I've only heard good things about it, but it's only been winning with the "traditional" rear motor... thanks :)

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Rich Trujillo
Approved Member

Post by Rich Trujillo »

Thanks guys for the comments. It's really an exciting time around here. I feel this new buggy is going to be a "game changer". Yes you will still have great battles in 2wd drive mod with all the great drivers each team has, but for us "average" drivers, this car is a big difference. The durability will be unmatched...(knock on wood, hope I don't jinx us lol). With all the components being built for durability, it should allow drivers to take bigger chances on different lines. 2wd has always been accepted as being on the fine line. Hit a pipe, break an arm etc. You should see what we were doing to this poor car before I got it. Darn, I should have taken pics LOL.
Rich Trujillo
Sr. Product Developer
Horizon Hobby
Vaterra/Losi

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I dig the car itself, but am I the only one who thinks designing bodies for these cars is becoming a lost art? In their pursuit of low-drag and minimum surface area, bodies are little more than a triangle wedge for which the addition of a windshield and side windows is actually laughable. This "wedge-and-a-wing" stuff has no style.

Sorry to crap in people's cornflakes but that's how I see it, I always shoot from the hip. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

damn, i really dont want to buy a new car, i'm really enjoying running my vintage rides, but this is just drop dead gorgeous.

rich, what track you hitting with it and when, maybe i can see it live...
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

JK Racing wrote:damn, i really dont want to buy a new car, i'm really enjoying running my vintage rides, but this is just drop dead gorgeous.

Come on Joey you know you want one :lol: mines on back order at Amain
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink »

Coelacanth wrote:I dig the car itself, but am I the only one who thinks designing bodies for these cars is becoming a lost art? In their pursuit of low-drag and minimum surface area, bodies are little more than a triangle wedge for which the addition of a windshield and side windows is actually laughable. This "wedge-and-a-wing" stuff has no style.

Sorry to crap in people's cornflakes but that's how I see it, I always shoot from the hip. 8)

I totally agree !

Modern buggies have no scale looks at all any more . Put a nice scale body ( like a original rc10 etc . ) and use the modern chassis and I would be preordering today .

chassis' are getting soooo narrow , that it looks like there racing a ruler with 4 wheels .

Maybe manufacturers should offer scale bodies to fit these new chassis' .

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

Mr.Pink wrote: Maybe manufacturers should offer scale bodies to fit these new chassis' .
I agree, though I think we are a minority, most modern racers could probably care less about the scale looks. I think the 22 appeals mostly to the hardcore racer, like me....

so Team Losi Racing if you are listening, put a 5 link suspension on there, a flexible steering bellcrank system, 1.9" wheels, scale body and offer a RTR version with an AM radio and 2000Mah Ni-cads and I will buy one :lol:

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

bearrickster wrote:Come on Joey you know you want one :lol: mines on back order at Amain
Oh..I want one and I want a set of extra shocks to put on a 5 link, and I want a couple spare chassis I can get anodized into different colors to suit my mood. I want some of the new 65C lipos to drop right in there while I am at it...
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

When will Losi have a truck version of the 22?

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Never had a Losi car. There is always a first. Now if I can decide between Losi and Traxass! :lol:
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Lonestar wrote:Rich - your 22 looks the business :shock:

Darryn, did you see it run in mid-motor layout? So far I've only heard good things about it, but it's only been winning with the "traditional" rear motor... thanks :)

Paul
Hi Paul,

Yep - it was being run in rear motor position here as well - as most of the main team US guys have been testing in this format.

I am keen to test mid mount (I have 2 team kits coming), and will be testing mid and rear motor position back to back.

I like the way mid mount cars handle in slippery conditions (thats one of the reasons why I did so well with the Venom Gambler at the J-Concepts a few weeks ago). I think it will very much depend on conditions as to which configuration is best - I look forward to more UK team drivers (and myself :) ) getting to test the mid mount format.

Rich - I have never been a fan of black wheels mate, but with that particular paint scheme - it just works.

Cheeers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Darryn

keep us posted then :) Although obviously your opinion won't be as "unbiased" as I'd hope now you're an official TL driver :lol:

Thanks,
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Lonestar wrote:Darryn

keep us posted then :) Although obviously your opinion won't be as "unbiased" as I'd hope now you're an official TL driver :lol:

Thanks,
Paul
Dont Worry Paul - just as when I wrote for R/C Car mag and other places - I will always call a spade a spade. You will always get an honest opinion from me.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Whats to decide??
CamplinP wrote:Never had a Losi car. There is always a first. Now if I can decide between Losi and Traxass! :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Rich Trujillo
Approved Member

Post by Rich Trujillo »

JK Racing wrote:damn, i really dont want to buy a new car, i'm really enjoying running my vintage rides, but this is just drop dead gorgeous.

I"ll most likely be hitting the majority of the TLR Series at OCRC on Sundays and I plan to race at West Coast here in the next couple of weeks as well. I'm not sure I'll be at OCRC this sunday but likely the sunday after. Make sure to stop by and say "Hi".
Rich Trujillo
Sr. Product Developer
Horizon Hobby
Vaterra/Losi