Project Blue Eagle LS

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Momo5
Approved Member

Re: Project Blue Eagle LS

Post by Momo5 »

The Nitro Hawk decal sheet is close, but not the same.

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Harry is correct on the bumper looking different on the box art, I just read in my manual about cutting the stock #1625 bumper. Traxxas "Racers tip" trimming the bumper for some weight savings.

Heres the insert from manual step E-11:

Heres pic's of my bumpers one shaved from previous owner and other untouched I just scored NIB:

Also I do believe I had read in the past somewhere that the box art LS that you speak of has dyed white parts from Traxxas when photo was used for sales. If you look on the box end it mentions body not painted, no electronics, and parts molded in their natural white color as to not mislead someone I assume?

I just recently picked up a Blue Eagle with pretty much the LS package (and all original parts too). I also scored optional #1930 suspension kit NIB, which is basically all the suspension parts and wheels that make the B/E a B/E LS.

Your car looks great man, these have always been one of my favorite vehicles, had one when I was younger and finally got one back again. I will post a thread about it soon.

Heres a quick shot of mine as it sits as I received it from the previous owner:

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Thanks for the info dave. I have always been a lurker of the traxxas vintage forum but my yahoo email address does not work on thier site. Your blue eagle looks great also. What are your plans for the truck?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to convert black parts to white parts. I know many people dye the white parts but what about black to white?

I just got a black gear cover for the ls and was wondering what might work. Thought about spraypaint but not sure?? What do you guys think??

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

3trxvintage wrote:Thanks for the info dave. I have always been a lurker of the traxxas vintage forum but my yahoo email address does not work on thier site. Your blue eagle looks great also. What are your plans for the truck?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to convert black parts to white parts. I know many people dye the white parts but what about black to white?

I just got a black gear cover for the ls and was wondering what might work. Thought about spraypaint but not sure?? What do you guys think??

Well plans of as now is to do a quick H202 bath, and like you mentioned doing getting a TBG (nitro Hawk) body. Gonna pretty much get her stock LS looking, but nothing will probably start until work dies off come this winter. I have a few new vtg parts I came across, My gear cover it came with is clear, I'd like to find the white gear cover actually.

As far as turning the black parts white, I'm afraid your out of luck there (at-least nothing besides painting) The black is well.......black to the core, no dyes will turn it white (that I'm aware of) The all blacked out look is pretty cool, but I personally prefer the white parts, kinda keeps with the era of the car. 8)

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Thanks dave,

I to love the look of the white parts “kinda keeps with the era of the car” could not agree with that quote any more. White parts are hard to come by and make the car unique.

There is a member on the traxxas forum ”danielhr77” who in my opinion has some of the best vintage projects going on. He seems to always locate new white vintage parts, wonder where he gets them?

Perhaps I will post a thread on how to convert black parts to white. Maybe someone on here might know. Maybe I will stick them in bleach hahaha!! probably would not work!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

3trxvintage wrote:There is a member on the traxxas forum ”danielhr77” who in my opinion has some of the best vintage projects going on. He seems to always locate new white vintage parts, wonder where he gets them?
he was picking up alot of vintage parts at a lhs near him for awhile then he started getting them from the other vintage guys and he has been very lucky at ebay. He spends a ton of time and money on his stuff so they better be good lookin projects :wink: .
3trxvintage wrote: Perhaps I will post a thread on how to convert black parts to white. Maybe someone on here might know. Maybe I will stick them in bleach hahaha!! probably would not work!!
Like Dave said above about the only option is paint. You could also track down some aluminum parts and have them annodized white :wink: .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

I know Daniel pretty good, have done alot of deals with him. I have pretty good luck finding my vtg white parts too :)

Have sold him quite a few of my vtg parts actually. :lol:

You ever see my thread there about my vintage Hawk restoration I did awhile back?

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

I never did see the hawk thread i will have to check it out. Is it on the traxxas forums? or here?

Do you get your parts from ebay? I heard some people get them from traxxas.uk.

would be nice to convert the black parts to white. It would make the vintage projects much easier. i will make a thread on it now and see if anyone else has some ideas. Maybe if you get a chance you could ask some people on the traxxas vintage forum.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

3trxvintage wrote:I never did see the hawk thread i will have to check it out. Is it on the traxxas forums? or here?.
On the traxxas forums. You'll have to go back some time to find it or just search for threads by
dave00beer
without using exact matches cuz I think his user id is slightly different there :? ...maybe not. Its a very nice project writeup and you'll like it for a traxxas fan standpoint.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

klavy69 wrote:
3trxvintage wrote:I never did see the hawk thread i will have to check it out. Is it on the traxxas forums? or here?.
On the traxxas forums. You'll have to go back some time to find it or just search for threads by
dave00beer
without using exact matches cuz I think his user id is slightly different there :? ...maybe not. Its a very nice project writeup and you'll like it for a traxxas fan standpoint.
Todd

Thanks Todd for the kind words,
User name is different, the "Traxxas police" actually changed my name from dave00beer to dave00bear after I had it for well over a year.... :? I was told from the chicken that "beer" broke their rules in reference to alchol........Whatever???

I'd link it here for 3trxvintage to check out easier, but not sure if that is allowed?

If you do check it out alot of the pics in the first page and a half had been deleted when i messed up my photobucket account, but theres a slideshow link to most of them and then the rest stay insync with the thread.

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

dave00beer wrote:Harry is correct on the bumper looking different on the box art, I just read in my manual about cutting the stock #1625 bumper. Traxxas "Racers tip" trimming the bumper for some weight savings.

The crazy part about that is I have absolutely no idea where I got that info from. :?: I remember actually seeing the pics and description in the manual on how to trim the bumper, but I don't even have a manual, except for the one that's sealed in my NIB LS. :lol:

Only open manual I currently have is for the Nitro Hawk, but that's a completely different front bumper/bulk than the Eagle. Maybe someone scanned it before and posted it on another forum. Who knows, I've slept a few times since then. :roll: :lol:

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

double post

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Dave I checked out the hawk today....Awesome!! It has to be the best looking hawk chassis i have ever seen. Clean and all the white parts look great.

Cant believe they changed the name from beer to bear. I always thought RC cars and beer went great together!! :lol:

Anyways dave and harry this question is for you guys. All three of us will eventually want some blue eagle ls decals for our projects. Traxxas never made blue eagle ls decals so it is up to us!

have you guys had any luck with homemade decals? I was thinking about printing the image below using decal injet printer paper. Not sure on the quality though. Might have to try it soon and let you guys know how it turned out.
Attachments
Blue eagle decals.png

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Interesting info - I have an LSII ready for rebuild... is the nitrohawk body the same as the original LS/LSII then?

Thanks!
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

Hey paul,

The nitro hawk and the blue eagle LS use the same body part #1912.

The SRT and the LS-2 use the same body part #2511.