New Track in town

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

askbob
Approved Member

Re: New Track in town

Post by askbob »

Looks like a cool track. I still don't understand why all the tracks nowadays insist on having ridiculously high, car breaking jumps? At least for 1/10th scale anyway.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

askbob wrote:Looks like a cool track. I still don't understand why all the tracks nowadays insist on having ridiculously high, car breaking jumps? At least for 1/10th scale anyway.
1 letter and 1 word... X Games. :roll:

(Although I do like the X games. On the bright side 85% of r/c hobbyists would kill to race on ANY track. They're just not readily available to a lot of people. Especially if you don't have a license yet.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

How about the newbies when they crash and burn, do they return or do you never see them again? There is always a risk when you build a track for experience drivers that you scare away the newbies with no budget except their parents…
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

askbob wrote:Looks like a cool track. I still don't understand why all the tracks nowadays insist on having ridiculously high, car breaking jumps? At least for 1/10th scale anyway.
parts sales make a hobby shop. They don't make squat on kits or rtr vs what they sell in parts. You put a car breaker jump in there and its fun for most of them and whammo parts sales go up...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

klavy69 wrote:
parts sales make a hobby shop. They don't make squat on kits or rtr vs what they sell in parts. You put a car breaker jump in there and its fun for most of them and whammo parts sales go up...

Todd
That is so true! But no hobby shop had any part in building that track, it's private!