An RCL Incident Pro?

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Re: An RCL Incident Pro?

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

templeofspeed wrote:So, bad grammer ain't just a 'merican thing? :?

:roll:
I don't know if it's bad grammer, rather that the guy has written stuff which isn't true like that it has a metal chassis and now Terry thinks I used an online translation service :roll:

However I concede my translation of the words inbetween metal and monocoque chassis might be wrong as I didn't learn engineering Japanese at school :lol:

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

I am sure you did - but it is still misleading even when translated word for word - I dont speak it - however have learnt a bit in the last 10 years of dealing over there..........very difficult to master and understand what te heck they are trying to say sometimes....I dont mean that disrespectfully wither - but when you have 4 different official versions of the language - it makes it hard!

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

RETRO R/C wrote:I am sure you did - but it is still misleading even when translated word for word - I dont speak it - however have learnt a bit in the last 10 years of dealing over there..........very difficult to master and understand what te heck they are trying to say sometimes....I dont mean that disrespectfully wither - but when you have 4 different official versions of the language - it makes it hard!

Cheers

Darryn
Hmmm, I am not sure whether you are being condescending or just not believing me at all.

I lived and went to school in Japan (Yokohama to be exact) for 5 years and have an International Baccaleaureate in it.

By word for word I mean I translated it, obviously it can be confusing if you aren't familiar with the sentence structures which are different from European languages, this is not however where I said confusion for my translation could lie.

There aren't 4 different versions of the language there are 3 scripts (if you will the characters).

-Hiragana - the phonetic alphabet and basis for the whole language (all the others can be broken down into these phonetic sounds)
-Katakana - again the phonetic alphabet but used to denote a the phonetic spelling of foreign words
-Kanji - the most complex symbols of the language of which there are tens of thousands and are originally adapted from Chinese. The Japanese use both the Chinese and Japanese readings so the meanings can be hard to decifier but if you get the gist of a sentence it is normally obvious. Even the Japanese don't know all the readings but it is possible with an education to guesstimate what a symbol means. To put it into persepctive you need to know maybe 5000 symbols to read a paper.

I was being self deprecating because I am out of practice but was near fluent at one point. The point I was saying was open to interpretation was the symbols between the words metal and monocoque. I was busy and couldn't be bothered to decifer it. I am sorry I even bothered now to be honest as I now feel I have to justify myself to people on the internet! :evil:

P.S. I guess you could include Romanji, if you were being pedantic but that is just Hiragana spelt out in the Western alphabet.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:the guy has written stuff which isn't true like that it has a metal chassis and now Terry thinks I used an online translation service
Sorry about that, thought it was the way most of us try and read foreign sites and end up with something unreadable. I just look at the pictures on TimeTunnel these days as it's impossible for an online translator to make any sense a lot of the time.

It's still a plastic chassis though :lol:

Just checked and the RCL Incident never had a European importer, it came to the UK via Elite Models, a model shop that was Serpents UK importer and run by Phil Booth who was busy developing the CAT for Schumacher. Not exactly the best support a new car needs.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

darryn, yes pleeeeeaaaase put those pics up

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Mr. ED wrote:darryn, yes pleeeeeaaaase put those pics up
I concur. :D

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

JEEEEEZ - I hate emails and forums sometimes.......ABSOLUTELY NEITHER ED!

I am not sure how you could think I was being either - no malice intended at all - we are friends mate.....was trying to back you up if anything!!

Pics over the next few days for you guys - want them on a separate thread?

Cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Ok, bad day.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Thought you guys might like a picture of the box (once again from yahoo auctions japan)
rc incident box.jpg
rc incident box.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
rc incident box.jpg
rc incident box.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
and inside:
rc incident inside box.jpg
rc incident inside box.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
rc incident inside box.jpg
rc incident inside box.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

see my posting on this modified version :)

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7660

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

Sorry but I cannot let this misinformation about the Incident continue. The pictured Incident is without question a 'pro'. There was also a standard incident. I think these are the 2 incidents that Retro RC is aware of and went to print with, unaware of the further 3.

There were 5. the 2nd Incident released prior to the 'pro' was the rarer 'limited' (the auction seller was close but wrong).

I have both a standard and a limited NIB. The box for the limited is more humble than the pro and is a small piece of paper stuck to 2 sides where the pro emblem is stuck. It sold for the same price as the pro, only earlier.

Please check 'RC Off' website as they confirm the 5 incidents I am aware of, with 2 more cheapies that translate as Incident Junkers 1 and 2, made towards the end of RCL International:

RCLインターナショナルの歴史
1986年2月 ・・・・・ インシデント4WDS (4WDS) 29,900円
198?年?月 ・・・・・ インシデント4WDSリミテッド (4WDS) 38,000円
1986年?月以前・・・・・ インシデント4WDSPRO (4WDS) 38,000円
1988年?月 ・・・・・ インシデント・ユンカース (4WD) 18,000円
1990年10月 ・・・・・ インシデント・ユンカースⅡ (4WD) 13,800円

With that I now crown myself RCL Incident champion until someone steps forward with the mystery Incident Junkers 1 or 2. Now they might just be the genuine phantom mystery cars of the 80s. These aren't so much rare as a missing link ( a link to RCLs oblivion :) ). As the retail price was very cheap I'm not even sure I want one...but they are beyond rare...they qualify as a Don Rumsfeld unknown unknown for all but a few where they are a known unknown. I have no idea about body shape or anything.

Anyhow, there were 5.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Ayk Viper wrote:Sorry but I cannot let this misinformation about the Incident continue. The pictured Incident is without question a 'pro'. There was also a standard incident. I think these are the 2 incidents that Retro RC is aware of and went to print with, unaware of the further 3.

There were 5. the 2nd Incident released prior to the 'pro' was the rarer 'limited' (the auction seller was close but wrong).

I have both a standard and a limited NIB. The box for the limited is more humble than the pro and is a small piece of paper stuck to 2 sides where the pro emblem is stuck. It sold for the same price as the pro, only earlier.

Please check 'RC Off' website as they confirm the 5 incidents I am aware of, with 2 more cheapies that translate as Incident Junkers 1 and 2, made towards the end of RCL International:

RCLインターナショナルの歴史
1986年2月 ・・・・・ インシデント4WDS (4WDS) 29,900円
198?年?月 ・・・・・ インシデント4WDSリミテッド (4WDS) 38,000円
1986年?月以前・・・・・ インシデント4WDSPRO (4WDS) 38,000円
1988年?月 ・・・・・ インシデント・ユンカース (4WD) 18,000円
1990年10月 ・・・・・ インシデント・ユンカースⅡ (4WD) 13,800円

With that I now crown myself RCL Incident champion until someone steps forward with the mystery Incident Junkers 1 or 2. Now they might just be the genuine phantom mystery cars of the 80s. These aren't so much rare as a missing link ( a link to RCLs oblivion :) ). As the retail price was very cheap I'm not even sure I want one...but they are beyond rare...they qualify as a Don Rumsfeld unknown unknown for all but a few where they are a known unknown. I have no idea about body shape or anything.

Anyhow, there were 5.
ammmm - the one pictured directly above IS NOT the pro kit. The pro kit had a silver plastic chassis, universal driveshafts, alloy wheels and other mods, as seen in the first pic in this this thread.....I think that is what you meant is it not? I can read a website - and as the information was unclear on the webste you qoute above and my sources could not tell me otherwise, I used the information, research and personal experience I had at hand when writing the article.

As for claiming what is here is "Misinformation" - given that all you have done is qouted a website that has an incomplete set of informations itself that most people have seen, perhaps you could enlighten us further? The website qouted is indeed superb, however in alot of cases incomplete as well - not everyone knows everything. I know some of the boys from R/C OFF - so I am definately not insulting them - just stating fact.

Running changes were made to the RCL Kits - hence the different plastics and other parts used in the cars. I dont read Japanese - however the latter two kits certainly appear to not be 4ws at least. There were definately at least 2 widely distributed kits to the world - the standard and the Pro. What may have been released in Japan only is perhaps another matter altogether - much like the fabled 13th Marui car............ I think I actually have a "limited"kit box somewhere myself....probably means there were three versions of the kit at least - but other than running changes to the plastics - would be pretty hard to pick ..please let us know the differences - eductation is appreciated!! :)

I got my information form the importer of the kits into this country - thats what I had to go by.

Unless we can contact RCL or someone that worked for them - I guess we will never know.

Cheers

Darryn

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Incidentally :wink: , there doesn't seem to be a lot of love regarding the info (correct or not) of these cars. Too much ego?--

" Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so-- Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think soooooo."

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Incidentally :wink: , there doesn't seem to be a lot of love regarding the info (correct or not) of these cars. Too much ego?--

" Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so-- Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think soooooo."
Not at all Charlie, just no "misinformation" has been given at all. Only information that has been widely avaialble and accurate. If there is more available - then boooooooya!! Guess there are ways to approach things though arent there?

Ego ..... pfffffffft :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Darryn