For scr8p!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SofaKing
Approved Member

Re: For scr8p!

Post by SofaKing »

Jason, sorry to hear about the misses. Just from that image I can't imagine how painful that must be.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

Nothing is worse than back pain. I suffer from horrible bouts of it myself. Best wishes for a good recovery.

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

I injured my back at work about 15 years ago, so I understand the pain - it can be absolutely debilitating. Hoping they can find an effective pain solution for her quickly! A good chiropractor is a godsend in these situations. Hope she feels better soon!

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

Yah... back pain sucks so bad. Here's hoping she gets it managed effectively!

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Wow, so sorry to hear, that MRI picture really tells the story.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Wow that's some serious pain and I know what I'm talking about. It happens to me in the same region and had to stay in bed for like 3 months before getting surgery. I couldn't work, walk or even smile. My life became the one of a plant pretty much. By the time I woke up after surgery I was totally relieved and couldn't believe it. I don't wish that kind of pain to my worst enemy. Since then I never had any pain again and I'm now playing field hockey again for 2 years without any trouble. Nothing will help her I'm afraid, not even painkillers. I'm no doctor but I really think to only way out is getting operated as quickly as possible. If waiting too long she might have to undergo reeducation as the sciatic nerves are really constrained in these cases. All the best and props to the whole family!

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Wishing your wife a successful surgery and recovery, Jason.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Hope all gets well fast Jason. Battled bulged and herniated disks myself til about 4 years ago with the first of at least 2 microdiscectomys (yeah, pry not spelled right) but the first one was a night and day difference. If given the chance I'd would've done it alot earlier in life whether they say it was not good or not.

Prayers heading your way.

Todd

P.S. morphine does wonders for back pain :mrgreen:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

A friend of mine had 8 vertebrae fused yesterday, came out of anesthesia with little/no pain and is being sent home in only 5 days. When I had my back surgery 30 years ago, coming out of anesthesia was shear torture, and it was 13 days in the hospital with well over a month recovery at home before returning to life, half days at a time. Back surgery, while still no fun, has come a long LONG way.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Yuck! :( Sorry to hear this Jason as my wife is going through the same thing currently. She has been on the phone with our health insurance
(Tri-care) company for the past week trying to get an MRI approved. She was hurting so bad today at work, her boss finally sent her home.

My mother in-law is going to take her to the ER tomorrow morning, seeing we can't get what we want in a timely matter following protocol. :evil:

I hope you are not going through the same issues as we are and all goes well for her Jason!
Jeff

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Hope your wife feels better soon.

+1 on the back pain issues here...so I can sympathize.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Thanks again guys.

She is definitely done with work for the time being. Gotta get signed up for some short term disability. Going to see the orthopedic surgeon next Thursday. See what happens after that.
SFC K wrote:Yuck! :( Sorry to hear this Jason as my wife is going through the same thing currently.
Sorry to hear that. Hope the ball gets rolling for her soon.

Not that I know what child birth feels like, but my wife said she would rather push out 6 kids than have the pain she was having this weekend. After the prednisone shot in her back it has reduced a little of the inflammation so it's like an 8-9 on a 1-10 scale right now. But she still can't feel her right leg and foot and has fallen twice because of it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't end up making it worse.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Halgar wrote:A friend of mine had 8 vertebrae fused yesterday, came out of anesthesia with little/no pain and is being sent home in only 5 days. When I had my back surgery 30 years ago, coming out of anesthesia was shear torture, and it was 13 days in the hospital with well over a month recovery at home before returning to life, half days at a time. Back surgery, while still no fun, has come a long LONG way.
It has come a long way...had surgery that morning and was at home that night. Woke me up from anesthesia, heavily sedated me and sent me home before it became painful. Next day was no piece of cake but hey, I survived :lol: . My dad had the same thing a couple years later but kept him overnight because of his age and he had to go home in the severe pain. I'll do my next one by going home again that night. Sure beats his agony he went through.

At this point Jason, she really can't hurt herself worse. She'll be in too much pain to hurt herself too bad. Good luck with the Ortho Surgeon.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

How's she doing, Jason? Making good progress hopefully?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

She goes in for surgery Wednesday morning. She should be home the same day, unless she is leaking spinal fluid, or if she is having a lot of pain and they have to manage it.