Toys R Us r/c display case pic?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Toys R Us r/c display case pic?

Post by RC10th »

Looks like I got the cheapest model :lol: the Turbo Panther

Aside from chewing up 8AA's every time it was a fantastic car....
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Well, as my hunt continues I did find this ad with the Shinsei Cheetah I had. Looking for one of those now also just for nostalgia. I remember picking it because it had the pistol radio.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210322-084154_Google.jpg
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

I hate to keep derailing the thread with my Blackfoot talk. But I was thinking that maybe it was the Blackfoot QD model they sold as I think the regular Blackfoot was probably only a kit model. And the reason I believe it was the Blackfoot and not some other Nikko monster truck is I feel like I remember the black red and yellow so clearly. Then later discovering the Blackfoot and thinking about how I used to drool over it at the toy store.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 am Well, as my hunt continues I did find this ad with the Shinsei Cheetah I had. Looking for one of those now also just for nostalgia. I remember picking it because it had the pistol radio.
I had the 57. Got it for Christmas of 87.... I think. Lasted a few minutes and it quit. Took it back to the store and got another. Same thing happened. Took that one back too. Shortly thereafter I got my Midnight Pumpkin.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

romulus22 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:24 pm I hate to keep derailing the thread with my Blackfoot talk. But I was thinking that maybe it was the Blackfoot QD model they sold as I think the regular Blackfoot was probably only a kit model. And the reason I believe it was the Blackfoot and not some other Nikko monster truck is I feel like I remember the black red and yellow so clearly. Then later discovering the Blackfoot and thinking about how I used to drool over it at the toy store.
https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9466-remember-when/
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Ha!! Told you all..... :lol:

That’s cool thanks for the link!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I gave up on that site long ago. Can’t seem to get a password to stick for more than one login and then you go to search and it says your searches are limited. Nope, I’m done, dont need to see it lol
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

scr8p wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 am Well, as my hunt continues I did find this ad with the Shinsei Cheetah I had. Looking for one of those now also just for nostalgia. I remember picking it because it had the pistol radio.
I had the 57. Got it for Christmas of 87.... I think. Lasted a few minutes and it quit. Took it back to the store and got another. Same thing happened. Took that one back too. Shortly thereafter I got my Midnight Pumpkin.
The Cheetah worked properly, it was slow as hell though. And as for the off road they advertised, if a blade of grass got in its way it came to a dead stop. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken